Opinion of recently banned poster: citizenZ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:07:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of recently banned poster: citizenZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of citizenZ
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Opinion of recently banned poster: citizenZ  (Read 3029 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2022, 10:45:17 PM »

citizenZ was a sock for ReaganFan; he admitted it somewhere else.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me in the least

Coolface is my hero, lol.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2022, 10:47:06 PM »

Mildly shocking to me.  I did not expect CitizenZ to be a sock.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2022, 10:52:11 PM »

Wait, it was Naso the entire time?

Bye, assface.
Damn. That really shows how far off the deep end he's gone since Trump to boot.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2022, 11:12:27 PM »

This does not change my position that your sanction is inadequate for your action, but I'll own it when I'm wrong.

Yeah, you made that clear with your 7 pages worth of posts about it.

When are you going to stop complaining about it?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2022, 11:40:25 PM »

Why do banned posters keep making socks , like aren’t there other political forums they can post on too.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2022, 11:42:29 PM »

I'm curious what the last straw was (and why they jumped to a permaban instead of the normal temp bans first procedure, not that he didn't deserve it.)

User in question received a thread mute a while back and what the user posted was honestly the most vile series of posts I’ve seen by a user in my 46 months as moderator here so I was fine with escalating faster. Don’t expect this to be a norm going forward here either.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2022, 11:47:20 PM »

I'm curious what the last straw was (and why they jumped to a permaban instead of the normal temp bans first procedure, not that he didn't deserve it.)

User in question received a thread mute a while back and what the user posted was honestly the most vile series of posts I’ve seen by a user in my 46 months as moderator here so I was fine with escalating faster. Don’t expect this to be a norm going forward here either.
Is there any truth to the recent Reaganfan sock allegation?
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2022, 11:49:26 PM »

Based on the location of the IP, I don’t doubt it.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2022, 11:58:33 PM »

Why do banned posters keep making socks , like aren’t there other political forums they can post on too.

Probably a combination of addiction and familiarity--more often than not, people also try (often less successfully) to get back into physical locations they've been banned from entering.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2022, 12:01:47 AM »

I'm banned from r/powermetal and haven't posted there ever again even with a non-banned account. Granted the topic doesn't interest me.

(Why was I even banned from there to begin with? Well I first just posted there just to point out how one power metal band's vocalist has great feet and she posts pics of them all the time on Instagram. Then after those were deleted I posted a few YouTube videos about how dumb and corny power metal is and how there aren't any emo musicians who are Trump-supporting terrorists who stormed the Capitol...and that was it.)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2022, 12:02:49 AM »

You'll have to ask Naso. He's on Conservacord, isn't he?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2022, 07:19:17 AM »

This does not change my position that your sanction is inadequate for your action, but I'll own it when I'm wrong.

Yeah, you made that clear with your 7 pages worth of posts about it.

When are you going to stop complaining about it?

Not for a while.  You deserve having to deal with it.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2022, 07:20:20 AM »

I don't know who this person is!!!!!!!!!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2022, 07:41:20 AM »

He actually admitted it on another site.  I wouldn't post something like that if that weren't the case.

ReaganFan, for all his faults, was a more decent human being toward other posters here than Ferguson97, Hindsight was 2020, ProudModerate2, and a host of others I can think of.  He did not crassly attack people, he was generally respectful even with people he did not agree with.  His bigoted commentaries (which I don't know what they were, so I'll take people's word for them) earned him his ban, and they are a violation of the ToS.

Honestly, though:  Why should I think less highly of citizenZ/ReaganFan/The Voice of America (his various user names) than I do of Ferguson97 (who is fundamentally unsanctioned for his unhinged attacks), ProudModerate2 (who is an unsanctioned troll of me), Hindsight was 2020, Joe Republic (who has implied I'm going senile)?  ReaganFan has been more decent to people that hate him here than those people have been to others they disagree with.  

ReaganFan has never made the kind of personal attack on other posters that Ferguson97, Indy Texas, and MasterJedi have made on me, yet they're still here, and they're LAUDED by some of the people I just mentioned.  I'm not defending making a sock (that's something that gets you permabanned and he knew it, so . . .).  It seems though that being a scumbag toward your peers here counts for very little (at least if you're on the left).  That's my issue.  It really does gall me that Ferguson97 has anything to say about any other poster in light of his own personal attack against me (which, quite frankly, he has never apologized for, or even indicated was even a teensy bit over the top).  

It's not OK that Ferguson97 wins here.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2022, 07:43:09 AM »

He was ReaganFan.  He also posted as The Voice of America.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2022, 07:50:04 AM »

citizenZ being a Naso sock actually makes a lot of sense
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2022, 09:48:10 AM »

HP.

Just wanted to ask why he was banned. A Naso sock wouldn't be a huhe surprise though.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2022, 09:50:34 AM »

A true Reaganite.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2022, 09:53:12 AM »

who?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2022, 09:55:33 AM »

At less than 0.7 posts per day, you're not addicted to Atlas like some of us, so we understand that you aren't aware of ReaganFan. 
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2022, 10:11:30 AM »

Wasn’t this CitizenZ persona a Putin stan? Bizarre for someone who fetishizes the 80’s to sympathize with Russia in any way.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2022, 10:18:27 AM »

Perhaps they don't have the intellectual depth as we have? Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2022, 11:08:44 AM »

He actually admitted it on another site.  I wouldn't post something like that if that weren't the case.

ReaganFan, for all his faults, was a more decent human being toward other posters here than Ferguson97, Hindsight was 2020, ProudModerate2, and a host of others I can think of.  He did not crassly attack people, he was generally respectful even with people he did not agree with.  His bigoted commentaries (which I don't know what they were, so I'll take people's word for them) earned him his ban, and they are a violation of the ToS.

Honestly, though:  Why should I think less highly of citizenZ/ReaganFan/The Voice of America (his various user names) than I do of Ferguson97 (who is fundamentally unsanctioned for his unhinged attacks), ProudModerate2 (who is an unsanctioned troll of me), Hindsight was 2020, Joe Republic (who has implied I'm going senile)?  ReaganFan has been more decent to people that hate him here than those people have been to others they disagree with.  

ReaganFan has never made the kind of personal attack on other posters that Ferguson97, Indy Texas, and MasterJedi have made on me, yet they're still here, and they're LAUDED by some of the people I just mentioned.  I'm not defending making a sock (that's something that gets you permabanned and he knew it, so . . .).  It seems though that being a scumbag toward your peers here counts for very little (at least if you're on the left).  That's my issue.  It really does gall me that Ferguson97 has anything to say about any other poster in light of his own personal attack against me (which, quite frankly, he has never apologized for, or even indicated was even a teensy bit over the top).  

You really are absolutely obsessed.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2022, 11:37:47 AM »

Wasn’t this CitizenZ persona a Putin stan? Bizarre for someone who fetishizes the 80’s to sympathize with Russia in any way.

I mean that’s what trolls do
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2022, 11:46:34 AM »

You really are absolutely obsessed.

Ah, the moderator who referred to me as a ghoul.  (So much for personal attacks being against the ToS.)

He's the third poster to make a libelous personal attack against me, part of which used my family.  He received no sanction; he hasn't missed a day of this place.  That's not fair, not at all, but if I were to do the same to him, I'd be tempbanned for at least 30 days, and likely longer.  So you tell me why I should just blow this off?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies