Evaluating the impact of the CA Comm not hewing to the Muon2 rules for CD lines in the 2022 election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:23:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Evaluating the impact of the CA Comm not hewing to the Muon2 rules for CD lines in the 2022 election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Evaluating the impact of the CA Comm not hewing to the Muon2 rules for CD lines in the 2022 election  (Read 255 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2022, 09:44:53 AM »

What do you think would have happened in the 2022 election cycle if the CA Commission had redistricted in accordance with the Muon2 rules rather than its own modus operandi of effecting multiple additional county and city chops with greater erosity not necessary to maintain minority performing districts?

Anyone have any surmises? Below are the shapes of the existing CD shapes per toggle fill on the DRA from a map that does try to hew to the Muon2 rules.

I do have my spreadsheet that tells all. Any questions?

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 09:50:07 AM »

imgur seems to have shrunk your spreadsheet such that it cannot be read.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 10:06:38 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2022, 10:16:46 AM by Torie »

imgur seems to have shrunk your spreadsheet such that it cannot be read.

That is preciously the point my dear.  Making it legible would be telling.

I did this exercise by the way having no idea what it would portend. I never studied the CA CD map before. It was interesting since I by and large know the communities so well, and it was interesting to  parse the changes from what the lay of the land was 20-30 years ago. Times have changed. My former precinct in Laguna Niguel since 2012 has moved about 15 PVI points to the Dems. Mittens carried it by 20 points, and Trump 2020 lost it by 10 points.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies