12 Reasons Why Family Guy and The Simpsons are Totally Different Shows
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:13:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  12 Reasons Why Family Guy and The Simpsons are Totally Different Shows
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 12 Reasons Why Family Guy and The Simpsons are Totally Different Shows  (Read 244 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2022, 02:43:08 PM »
« edited: November 21, 2022, 05:49:52 PM by Country Liberal »

People on and off the forum frequently make the common mistake in asserting that Family Guy and The Simpsons are similar shows. Some even go as far to call Family Guy a copy or a ripoff of The Simpsons. This list is twelve reasons why nothing could be further from the truth, and these are, in fact, very different shows.

1. Stewie is a genius rich in character development. Maggie is an ordinary baby.

2. Brian is a pseudointellectual but still anthropomorphic. Santa's Little Helper is an ordinary dog with no signs of human intellect.

3. Seth MacFarlane voices numerous characters in his own show. Matt Groening does not.

4. Lisa is beloved by nearly everyone in The Simpsons, whereas everybody hates Meg.

5. Family Guy has cutaways. The Simpsons doesn't.

6. Peter gets into pointless fights with a giant chicken as time fillers. Homer has never gone hand-to-hand with any bird.

7. Conway Twitty.

8. Homer is an idiot, but Peter is mentally retarded. That might sound offensive but it, paired with the fact that one of the main Family Guy characters is a person of wheelchair, proves that it is also the more "woke" of the shows.

9. In one episode of Family Guy, Brian eats Stewie's feces after both are locked in a bank vault for the weekend. No Simpsons character, to my knowledge, has willingly ate the feces of another character.

10. Seth MacFarlane never ages. Matt Groening does.

11. Family Guy writers promised that they would tone it down with the gay jokes. This promise was ultimately broken. The Simpsons writers never made such a promise.

And finally...

12. Sneakers O'Toole is a character in Family Guy. There is no character in The Simpsons with the name Sneakers O'Toole.

This list has been factchecked, double-factchecked, and triple-factchecked. Each factcheck led to the same conclusion: Family Guy and The Simpsons are pretty different shows!

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 03:13:32 PM »

me when my professor finds the grad student dissertation that i blatantly plagiarized for my final essay
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 03:58:32 PM »

Another point.  The Simpsons could never create something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esi0DzLuBlM
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies