Most ELECTABLE first female President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:39:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most ELECTABLE first female President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Most ELECTABLE first female President
Gretchen Whitmer

Kamala Harris

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Katie Porter

Nikki Haley

Another Democrat (Specify)

Another Republican (Specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Most ELECTABLE first female President  (Read 1976 times)
Zedonathin2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2022, 11:20:37 AM »

Out of these choices, which woman could be most likely to win the Presidency in the near future?
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 11:37:35 AM »

Of the stated choices, Whitmer.  But I think a strong case could be made for Katie Hobbs, depending on how the next couple of years go.  Either way, can't go wrong with a swing-state governor.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 06:43:31 PM »

Whitmer is the only one on this list who could plausibly win both her party's primary and the general election.

Harris and Porter could win the primary, but not the general.

Haley could win the general, but not the primary.

AOC couldn't win either.
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 08:14:42 PM »

Of the stated choices, Whitmer.  But I think a strong case could be made for Katie Hobbs, depending on how the next couple of years go.  Either way, can't go wrong with a swing-state governor.

All you have to do is listen to Katie  Hobbs open her mouth and you’ll see why she is unelectable.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 08:55:34 PM »

Whitmer is the only one on this list who could plausibly win both her party's primary and the general election.

AOC couldn't win either.

Haley could be the VP nominee in 2024 and after two GOP terms be the nominee in 2032 . Now of course then it would be very difficult for her to win the general as winning a third term is very difficult but that would be her path to winning a primary and general
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 10:19:03 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2022, 11:10:14 PM by El muerdago es mortal si te lo comes »

Any of these or none, it really depends on the nature of 2026 or 2028. I personally would wait for a young dark horse, since those have been the winners after LBJ...with the one oldy massively underperforming, almost to the point of winning being some kind of accident.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 10:46:56 PM »

All you have to do is listen to Katie  Hobbs open her mouth and you’ll see why she is unelectable.

In that case, it speaks volumes about how awful Lake was.

Seriously, was there another candidate anywhere in the country who comes close to matching her pathetic sycophancy towards Trump? At least with Mastriano, I get the sense that he's a true believer, as insane as his views are.

Lake was completely shameless and probably would have stripped on stage at a rally if Trump told her to do that.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2022, 01:06:28 AM »

AOC couldn't win either.

Haley could be the VP nominee in 2024 and after two GOP terms be the nominee in 2032 . Now of course then it would be very difficult for her to win the general as winning a third term is very difficult but that would be her path to winning a primary and general

Yeah that’s her biggest problem, the only circumstance in which she’s favored to win the primary would also necessarily make her disfavored to win the general.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2022, 02:54:03 PM »

And yet she just won a closely contested election.  Curious!

In all seriousness, though, Hobbs is basically a generic Democrat, and any generic Democrat could win the presidency, just as any generic Republican could.  It all depends on the environment and the competition.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 01:17:38 PM »

Majorie Taylor Greene is probably a better option. I don’t know why the OP didn’t list her.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2022, 07:26:48 PM »

Majorie Taylor Greene is probably a better option. I don’t know why the OP didn’t list her.

The key word was "electable"
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2022, 09:21:36 PM »

I'd be quite curious what the poll results would've been a month ago prior to Whitmer's re-election
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2022, 02:53:32 AM »

I'd be quite curious what the poll results would've been a month ago prior to Whitmer's re-election

I think most people, except for the biggest Republican hacks, expected Whitmer to win.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2022, 12:37:45 PM »

Very obviously Whitmer. Neither Harris nor AOC seem like they would be strong general election candidates (and in fact AOC does not seem like she would be a very strong primary election candidate). My read of Hobbs is that she is someone who's gotten lucky with opponents rather than an actually talented person.

Haley is already kind of old news and it doesn't seem like there's going to be a wide-open Republican primary anytime soon.

I think the most likely name is someone not on this list (consider how many women there are in, like, America, and the fact that presidential nominees are often kind of unexpected), but I agree that at the current moment the woman who looks likeliest to be a future President is Whitmer.

EDIT: Oh, the poll says 'Katie Porter' not 'Katie Hobbs'. I don't think a SoCal Democrat is very likely to be nominated by the party, and her hold on her own seat seems pretty weak, like she could lose in a good Republican year and definitely needs to watch her back.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2022, 12:39:21 PM »

Electable is an unknowable quality, but I think often female politicians have an easier time coming from the right than the left, so I'm gonna say Haley. Though I don't actually expect her to ever be president for other reasons.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2022, 02:31:07 PM »

If Porter/AOC/Haley are on this list, Baldwin absolutely should be too.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2022, 11:31:37 AM »

If Porter/AOC/Haley are on this list, Baldwin Greene absolutely should be too.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2022, 12:50:52 PM by Free April Daniels »

How is Marjorie Taylor Greene more electable than Katie Porter?

EDIT: Or Tammy Baldwin, for that matter? I assume Baldwin doesn't want to be President and that's why she wasn't listed here, but...
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2022, 06:59:00 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2022, 06:46:35 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

Pretty much only Whitmer. She is the most tested.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2022, 08:17:30 PM »

Are you serious, lol? Maybe the GOP electorate is crazy enough to nominate Greene - I wouldn't necessarily dispute that - but the national electorate, thank God, is still not that off the rails.

I'm not wish casting. I'm making a legitimate guess. Baldwin was considered to be Biden's VP pick in 2020, and she's not like AOC/Tlaib/Omar (aka, "Squad levels") in terms of how progressive she is. She's younger (relatively), female, lesbian. She's from the prime swing state, where she's won elections quite comfortably and is fairly popular (let me tell you, unlike "RoJo," whose opponent wasn't even well funded, Baldwin will win by quite a bit more than 1% in 2024!), and could definitely have regional appeal in the Rust Belt, or definitely at least in THE swing state of the Rust Belt (and arguably the nation - it was 2016's and 2020's tipping-point state), WI.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2022, 08:21:22 PM »

A white youngish, once-married, never divorced pro-life traditionally feminine moderate Republican with 6 kids who looks pretty enough to be an ideal candidate for Fox news anchor and wears lipstick and dresses.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2023, 08:29:00 PM »

Had MTG run for senate, I think she would've struggled to win 45% of the vote and Warnock would've avoided a runoff.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2023, 10:51:52 AM »

Evidence is clearly on Whitmer's side. Unless something drastically changes, she should be our nominee in 2028.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2023, 12:52:35 PM »

Had MTG run for senate, I think she would've struggled to win 45% of the vote and Warnock would've avoided a runoff. she would have crushed Raphael Warnock
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2023, 01:29:52 PM »

Had MTG run for senate, I think she would've struggled to win 45% of the vote and Warnock would've avoided a runoff. she would have crushed Raphael Warnock

Herschel was a stronger candidate and still didn't beat him
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies