UAC Redistricting Plans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:49:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  UAC Redistricting Plans
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UAC Redistricting Plans  (Read 1656 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2004, 03:40:32 PM »

Can someone please tell me what exactly is going to change with the UAC's redistricing of the whole map?  I'm not very clear on it.  Thank you!
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 04:08:16 PM »

The UAC has nothing to do with redistricting.  The Governors are responsible for redistricting, political parties have nothing to do with it.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 04:32:54 PM »

The UAC has nothing to do with redistricting.  The Governors are responsible for redistricting, political parties have nothing to do with it.

Ah.  Why was I under the impression the UAC was trying to redistrict everything now to "keep out" certain people from being elected to the senate and elsewhere?  I'm going to have to kill my sources who told me this!

Anyhoo... Aren't all (or most) of the governors in the UAC, and thus following the UAC platform, guidelines and rules--and doing what their party leaders tell them, which would include plans for redistricting?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 04:34:10 PM »

Hush your not supposed to notice.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 04:36:27 PM »

Ah.  Why was I under the impression the UAC was trying to redistrict everything now to "keep out" certain people from being elected to the senate and elsewhere?  I'm going to have to kill my sources who told me this!

Anyhoo... Aren't all (or most) of the governors in the UAC, and thus following the UAC platform, guidelines and rules--and doing what their party leaders tell them, which would include plans for redistricting?

LOL, paranoid much?  I can honestly say that the UAC leadership has not discussed the redistricting issue at all, let alone have we given any governors orders on what to do.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 04:37:47 PM »

I suppose not.  sigh.  Here goes..... ::seals lips::  Dammit, now I can't talk.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 04:37:56 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2004, 04:43:54 PM by Governor htmldon »

As you might recall, GWBFan, I actually strongly opposed the first plan submitted by a UAC member and will oppose any plan with similar characteristics (i.e. the inclusion of West Virginia and DC in any district that is supposed to signify the Southeast).
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 04:38:05 PM »

Well the whole point of a party is to further the aims of that party.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 04:42:59 PM »

and we do a really sh**tty job of that so you have nothing to worry about Tongue
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 04:48:17 PM »

I am Party Chairman and have not told any of the Governors how to vote on redistricting. I assure you of that. I did make a suggestion but with the new changes it wouldn't work.

Quite frankly I am offended by some of these statements that we are trying to gerrymander people out of office and this new hatred of the United Atlas Centrists.

As far as I know, nobody is trying to gerrymander the districts and no one is trying to remove anyone from power.

This bitter partisanship has gone too far really. It's sad, this started off as a really good fantasy elections board, now it is steeped in hatred, generally aimed at the UAC although there have been cases with some UAC members doing the slinging and I am not proud of that at all.

This bitter partisanship that has crossed the forums must stop and I will sacrifice everything for it, as Patrick Henry said, "Give me Liberty or give me death"
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 05:01:36 PM »

I am Party Chairman and have not told any of the Governors how to vote on redistricting. I assure you of that. I did make a suggestion but with the new changes it wouldn't work.

Quite frankly I am offended by some of these statements that we are trying to gerrymander people out of office and this new hatred of the United Atlas Centrists.

As far as I know, nobody is trying to gerrymander the districts and no one is trying to remove anyone from power.

This bitter partisanship has gone too far really. It's sad, this started off as a really good fantasy elections board, now it is steeped in hatred, generally aimed at the UAC although there have been cases with some UAC members doing the slinging and I am not proud of that at all.

This bitter partisanship that has crossed the forums must stop and I will sacrifice everything for it, as Patrick Henry said, "Give me Liberty or give me death"

Okay.  Speaking OOC (out of character) here...don't think I'm trying to ruin the forum or anything.  I'm not being partisan here.  If I were, I'd have rejoined the Republicans again and I wouldn't have voted for Gustaf.

Don't take anything I say personally.  I'm not trying to insult you or anyone else.  I like all you guys (in the UAC).  You're all really cool people.  Just realize that I'm not trying to mess around with the fun of the forum.

But on this board, aren't we supposed to play as if it were reality?  In reality, people switch parties all the time (like I did) and go negative on the party they left (like I seem to be doing).  That's reality, so why not bring it here too?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 05:04:47 PM »

since the UAC holds power it is only natural for the ones out of power to attack them.
I don't buy that pity us routine for a second.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 05:08:30 PM »

since the UAC holds power it is only natural for the ones out of power to attack them.

I don't want people to pity us. I don't see why they should. I just don't want this partisanship to get any more serious. It is sickening, like a plague on our lands.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

I don't want people to pity us. I don't see why they should. I just don't want this partisanship to get any more serious. It is sickening, like a plague on our lands.
politics is all about partisanship.
if it wasn't we wouldn't have partys. Cool
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2004, 05:14:34 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Then we could have mixed drinks together (except for all you underagers...) and do the limbo.  And "what a wonderful world it would be..."
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2004, 05:15:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Then we could have mixed drinks together (except for all you underagers...) and do the limbo.  And "what a wonderful world it would be..."
Nah i had way too many maitai's last night.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies