Will Trump move his home state back to New York if Florida votes bigly for DeSantis over him?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:40:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Trump move his home state back to New York if Florida votes bigly for DeSantis over him?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Trump move his home state back to New York if Florida votes bigly for DeSantis over him?  (Read 241 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2022, 07:37:50 PM »

I can see him being petty like that.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 07:39:38 PM »

This is absolutely something he would do. He would start hating Florida as much as I do if that happens.

He better not change his address to Bedminster though. Him having that property in my state is already too much! He cannot be the first presidential nominee from New Jersey since Wilson, he just can't be! I won't allow it!
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 03:24:03 PM »

Given the bad blood, a Trump-DeSantis (or vice versa) ticket almost certainly isn’t going to happen now.

But if it did, one of them would have to shift residences* - just like Cheney shifted from Texas to Wyoming in order to be eligible for Bush’s ticket. Logically, that would mean Trump shifting his residence back to NY, but between his tax affairs and pettiness, I could see him trying to make DeSantis register elsewhere.

(Due to that Article II clause: The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies