A solution to all Dems problems: Draft Kamala for 2026 California Gov
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:09:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  A solution to all Dems problems: Draft Kamala for 2026 California Gov
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A solution to all Dems problems: Draft Kamala for 2026 California Gov  (Read 811 times)
coloradocowboi
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2022, 02:13:55 PM »

Start immediately. Build up massive public excitement. Frame her law enforcement background as making her uniquely suited to "clean up" California. Make her believe it's her destiny... so Biden can appoint Gretchen Whitmer VP and save us from a 2028 meltdown.

Thots?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 02:26:51 PM »

Kamala would never agree to that. She wouldn't have taken the VP slot if she didn't think she was going to be President someday.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 02:46:36 PM »

Lol, I don't anyone wants it but someone likes Steyer since it's a Homeless crisis Harris or Wes Moore can be Prez there is gonna be a calling out after Biden for a blk Prez again
US Politics Fanatic
Bill Nelson
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 03:05:23 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2022, 02:56:27 AM by US Politics Fanatic »

It would really be seen as racist to replace a black woman by a white one by many democrat voters.
TheFonz
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 03:14:17 PM »

Start immediately. Build up massive public excitement. Frame her law enforcement background as making her uniquely suited to "clean up" California. Make her believe it's her destiny... so Biden can appoint Gretchen Whitmer VP and save us from a 2028 meltdown.

Thots?
So inappropriate to refer to Harris and Whitmer as thots
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 03:54:40 PM »

Why people on this forum have such a hate boner for Kamala I don't understand
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 04:57:48 PM »

She will lose the election. But so would Whitmer tbh. If Biden gets a second term, this country is not going to deliver a third Democratic term, and certainly not to a woman. Kamala is going to get the nomination and lose in 2028. Unless something happens to Biden, she will never be President.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »

Kamala wants to be POTUS, and she would correctly see becoming California's governor as a step away from that goal.  So far, she's mostly been sidelined in the Biden administration, but I would bet she'll have a more prominent role if and when Biden wins a second term.  Her favorables are in in the tank, but there's plenty of time for that to turn around.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2022, 06:46:38 PM »

I don't. I have some reservations about her policy and motives. But I respect her a lot as a politician. Like Selina Meyer she attains power despite being unpopular. Also tho I worry that she comes off very fake and would risk losing the presidency.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 07:06:42 PM »

Harris is the modern Democratic equivalent of Dan Quayle, essentially. Unelectable to a national audience, picked as VP to placate a certain interest group, and mostly isolated afterward to prevent any collateral damage to the Administration.

The difference between then/R & now/D is that there's certainly a much larger segment of the Democratic Party who'll want to back Harris out of status quo behavior and/or identity - probably enough to give her the nod - and in the process, it'll be a repeat of Hillary 2016 on steroids. Kamala 2028 could very realistically result in a Republican NPV win.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 07:09:46 PM »

I don't think this would be a good idea at all, even if Kamala agreed to it.
It would raise a lot of question marks about Biden, and would also alienate AA voters.
If Biden wins in 2024, and Kamala isn't seen as a viable candidate in 2028, she can simply not run.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2022, 07:21:57 PM »

It would raise a lot of question marks about Biden, and would also alienate AA voters.
If Biden wins in 2024, and Kamala isn't seen as a viable candidate in 2028, she can simply not run.

Harris has been the VP/VP candidate during the two elections where the worst modern performances among black voters for Democrats have occurred. To suggest that she has any general election pull whatsoever with voters beyond a tiny effete chunk of Twitter users who are already voting D unanimously is unrealistic. If she had, she would have been able to campaign as a presidential candidate until Iowa at minimum. Biden could (but won't) boot her and he'd lose literally no votes.

Even when she was a candidate and made it until Election Day (CA), she underperformed the average D candidate running for support among the same electorate in the same cycle. She's no Barack Obama, or even Stacey Abrams for that matter. Virtually everybody views her as either "just black enough" to piss 'em off or "not black enough" with which to have no camaraderie. Imagine Hillary Clinton's 2016 electoral appeal and then double her melanin: that's what Kamala Harris brings to the table.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2022, 07:49:46 PM »

Harris has been the VP/VP candidate during the two elections where the worst modern performances among black voters for Democrats have occurred. To suggest that she has any general election pull whatsoever with voters beyond a tiny effete chunk of Twitter users who are already voting D unanimously is unrealistic. If she had, she would have been able to campaign as a presidential candidate until Iowa at minimum. Biden could (but won't) boot her and he'd lose literally no votes.

Even when she was a candidate and made it until Election Day (CA), she underperformed the average D candidate running for support among the same electorate in the same cycle. She's no Barack Obama, or even Stacey Abrams for that matter. Virtually everybody views her as either "just black enough" to piss 'em off or "not black enough" with which to have no camaraderie. Imagine Hillary Clinton's 2016 electoral appeal and then double her melanin: that's what Kamala Harris brings to the table.

I don't think a black woman couldn't win. But kamala isn't exactly a representative exemplar of black women America, having been raised in Montreal by an Indian mother and politically disavowed by her Jamaican marxist dad. She went to Howard iirc, which is pretty cool actually for a sitting vp in the time we live in. Yet another mystifying factor making her other identity as a tough on crime, tech friendly sf da weird. She doesn't have a natural base, but black women will be rightfully offended at the inevitable snub. Kamala was used (tho tbh used by a man she herself accurately described as having campaigned in the 70s against integration & embarrassed Anita Hill needlessly).

I do not like her but she deserves better. Again my biggest concern is electability, and she is a sf elitist

Biden should've picked Stacey Abrams. She is a lot better at talking to normal ppl, and would've been even better if we hadn't set her on the Sisyphean task of taking on Kemp again
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2022, 09:52:51 AM »

She wants to be Prez not Gov she don't want to deal with Vali Homeless mess its151K homeless there's
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2022, 09:54:35 PM »

Thots?

Yea, do that and watch Black female turnout nosedive and lose the presidency. Democrats are stuck with Kamala for a while.

BloJo94
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2022, 10:09:02 PM »

Maybe if Biden loses.

However, I think she runs in 2028 no matter what.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies