ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:02:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King?  (Read 3221 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: November 15, 2022, 05:04:08 PM »
« edited: November 16, 2022, 01:13:47 AM by smoltchanov »

This talk about Manchin being a conservative is nuts.  He's been there reliably for all the big Democratic votes.  He's put up no road blocks to the rapid confirmation of liberal judges across the country.  He saved progressives in the party from themselves by scaling back the House's Build Back Better bill, which was very poorly designed and would have pushed inflation significantly higher in the short term.  His theatrics get annoying, but ideologically Manchin is a pretty generic centrist.  Maine should be more than happy to get a Senator like that.

There are no more conservatives in Democratic caucus in Congress anymore (in fact - no more then 1 or 2 in all 99 state legislatures). I began to study US elections in 1972, and anyone, who would make such statement ("Manchin is a conservative"), would be a subject of many laughs then. I don't see why i must change an opinion of him (agree - "generic centrist", may be even "very slightly left of center") now....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies