ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:54:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King?  (Read 3180 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 14, 2022, 02:43:11 PM »

Discuss the Maine senate race here.

Angus King said he will decide early next year whether to run for reelection.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/05/senate-dems-reelection-00060062

Jared Golden seems the obvious choice to run to replace him should he would retire and he would likely win by a large margin. Similarly I expect King should he run to win rather comfortably.

Another democrat may have more of a race of their hands.   

Why any Democrat would vote for a DINO like Jared Golden in a statewide Democratic primary in Maine is a mystery.  No surprise that Republicans are already trying gaslight us into thinking that we need him to win statewide in Maine.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 02:51:13 PM »

King basically said in 2018 it was his last race. I doubt he goes for it again.

If he does, I welcome it. He's a good man with a good voting record, his Instagram is run by him and is very pleasant. FF! Maine is such a nice state.

If he doesn't, then the obvious choice (as it should have been for 2020) is Troy Jackson! A tremendous guy. A logger from Fort Kent in the far, far northern reaches of Maine on the Canadian border who endorsed Bernie twice and takes up hard fights for the workers. Would love to see him in the U.S. Senate and would have loved even more to see a delegation with him and Angus King both from 2021 to 2025.

Yeah, Troy Jackson would be a solid choice. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 03:11:37 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2022, 03:14:55 PM by The Address That Must Not be Named »

Discuss the Maine senate race here.

Angus King said he will decide early next year whether to run for reelection.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/05/senate-dems-reelection-00060062

Jared Golden seems the obvious choice to run to replace him should he would retire and he would likely win by a large margin. Similarly I expect King should he run to win rather comfortably.

Another democrat may have more of a race of their hands.  

Why any Democrat would vote for a DINO like Jared Golden in a statewide Democratic primary in Maine is a mystery.  No surprise that Republicans are already trying gaslight us into thinking that we need him to win statewide in Maine.

I think Golden would be a great nominee.  He's a centrist yes, but Maine is a centrist state (Who's the other Senator from Maine again?).  Golden knows how to win elections, and he'd be a reliable vote for all the important stuff in the Senate.

Golden is not a centrist.  He’s a right-wing DINO in the Sinemanchin mold.  Maine is a no worse than center-left state.  Tolerating Golden b/c he’s holding down a Trumpy seat is one thing.  Running him for Senate in Maine would be beyond unjustifiable.  
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 03:13:43 PM »

Golden is definitely heterodox, I wouldn't call him a Manchin, definitely not a Sinema, far from a Gottheimer, but he has made some problems. He's not my choice either.

For those who think he's the only guy who can win, or that he is uniquely strong, any argument for Jared Golden is easily met or exceeded by Troy Jackson.

Actually, I’d argue he’s well to the right of Gottheimer Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 04:37:48 PM »

LOL at calling Golden a DINO. He voted to impeach Trump twice despite representing the reddest seat in the House for Dems (before Peltola came along), and voted for the IRA. He’s idiosyncratic and knows how to take strategic votes against his party when it doesn’t matter. Very much like Susan Collins in that regard.

In any event, Troy Jackson would be a solid choice in 2024 or 2026. I think only Golden or Jackson would stand any chance at all of beating Collins in 2024. No one from ME-01 can win against her.

So we run a generic Dem in 2024 and Troy Jackson in 2026 against Collins.  Problem solved Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 05:30:16 PM »

Glorious news!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies