PA-SEN 2024 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:17:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SEN 2024 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19
Author Topic: PA-SEN 2024 megathread  (Read 21390 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: March 06, 2024, 06:08:27 PM »

I still am kind of surprised at the lack of ... anything from the McCormick campaign. He's unopposed in the primary, but you would think he'd giving out signs and getting the word out early or something. There's nothing, no presence whatsoever. Casey doesn't have much either, but he's also a established figure, while McCormick has a lot of work to do.

Not only that, but given McCormick's high fundraising (from rich people), he has enough money to start running some ads. He could even try and define Casey a bit early; but he's literally doing nothing.

I'm not expecting him to go full fledged in March, but the primary is already next month and he's just... there

Remember how Mastriano didn't start running ads on TV until literally two weeks before the 2022-GOV election? And he wasn't even in those ads save for "I'm Doug Mastriano and I approve this message". 

Yep, which did make sense given that he was broke. I'm more surprised that McCormick isn't doing anything given he has some $$$ but maybe he's just stockpiling it for now. Honestly, Dems/Casey should take this time where he's not doing anything and start defining him on the airwaves imo. Oz him.

There could be a small possibility that he simply gives up and doesn't run at all.

Why would anyone spend his fortune to lose by 10-15 points ?

In any case the GOP should have plan B in case McCormick throws the towel.
Now that Hovde is running, I expect more focus to go towards Wisconsin. Baldwin likely has less crossover appeal than Casey and Trump is more likely to win WI anyway.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #401 on: March 07, 2024, 10:04:52 AM »

How he managed to solidify himself as a more out-of-touch candidate than Dr. Oz is quite an achievement.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #402 on: March 07, 2024, 10:07:36 AM »

I still am kind of surprised at the lack of ... anything from the McCormick campaign. He's unopposed in the primary, but you would think he'd giving out signs and getting the word out early or something. There's nothing, no presence whatsoever. Casey doesn't have much either, but he's also a established figure, while McCormick has a lot of work to do.

Not only that, but given McCormick's high fundraising (from rich people), he has enough money to start running some ads. He could even try and define Casey a bit early; but he's literally doing nothing.

I'm not expecting him to go full fledged in March, but the primary is already next month and he's just... there

Remember how Mastriano didn't start running ads on TV until literally two weeks before the 2022-GOV election? And he wasn't even in those ads save for "I'm Doug Mastriano and I approve this message". 

Yep, which did make sense given that he was broke. I'm more surprised that McCormick isn't doing anything given he has some $$$ but maybe he's just stockpiling it for now. Honestly, Dems/Casey should take this time where he's not doing anything and start defining him on the airwaves imo. Oz him.

There could be a small possibility that he simply gives up and doesn't run at all.

Why would anyone spend his fortune to lose by 10-15 points ?

In any case the GOP should have plan B in case McCormick throws the towel.
Now that Hovde is running, I expect more focus to go towards Wisconsin. Baldwin likely has less crossover appeal than Casey and Trump is more likely to win WI anyway.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Imo, Wisconsin is the hardest for Trump to win back of the 3.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #403 on: March 07, 2024, 04:43:25 PM »

Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #404 on: March 07, 2024, 07:02:12 PM »

Does it matter if he does? Odds are she's just going to keep trying and failing to use unanimous consent - a tactic that not even the progressives supporting the Medicare for All Act have attempted. The only thing I could see that would convince her to bring her bill to a vote would be SCOTUS ruling the same way as Alabama in this or some other case, in which event it would be unnecessary because it would just be logrolled into a broad "reproductive freedoms" bill anyway.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #405 on: March 08, 2024, 10:22:51 AM »

My god lol

DK_Mo82
Rookie
« Reply #406 on: March 08, 2024, 04:51:28 PM »

Why do PAGOP have such a hard time finding someone who lives in PA lol
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2024, 04:54:58 PM »

They wouldn't nominate a better candidate like Fitzpatrick. He'd lose the primary in a landslide. Also seems like the Republican bench in Pennsylvania is underwhelming.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2024, 07:09:14 PM »

My god lol

That was a Trump answer, but only Trump can get away with saying meaningless, embarrassing s*** like that.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2024, 11:02:41 PM »

Just run Lloyd Smucker and go all in on the "With a name like Smucker's it has to be good" slogan. Why not?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2024, 10:49:03 AM »

Just run Lloyd Smucker and go all in on the "With a name like Smucker's it has to be good" slogan. Why not?

Lloyd Smucker is about as charismatic as a jar of Smucker’s jelly. That’s the only way that slogan would work.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #411 on: March 16, 2024, 04:44:54 PM »

josh shapiro was born in missouri
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #412 on: March 16, 2024, 04:46:37 PM »

And he grew up in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2024, 05:57:21 PM »

And then he moved to Pennsylvania when he was 14, what's your point?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2024, 09:49:16 AM »

Bit late to post this, but Casey and McCormick will appear alone on their respective primary ballots. From The Associated Press:

Democratic U.S. Sen. Bob Casey and Republican David McCormick will be the only eligible names on ballots for the office in Pennsylvania’s April primary after a ruling Friday by the state’s highest court.

The ruling completed the third of three successful court challenges to the paperwork of three relatively unknown candidates, all but guaranteeing uncontested victories for Casey and McCormick in their respective party primary elections on April 23.

Onto November.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2024, 01:00:14 PM »

They wouldn't nominate a better candidate like Fitzpatrick. He'd lose the primary in a landslide. Also seems like the Republican bench in Pennsylvania is underwhelming.

The bench is underwhelming, and the PA GOP doesn't have any candidates from the population centers (Philly metro and Pittsburgh metro) that can win both a primary and general election. Fitzpatrick would absolutely win a general, but he would be toast in the primary.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #416 on: March 27, 2024, 09:39:04 PM »

No other place to put this, but Fetterman continues to be one of the best Democrats in America. How did people think this guy was secretly MAGA?

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #417 on: March 27, 2024, 10:15:45 PM »

The bench is underwhelming, and the PA GOP doesn't have any candidates from the population centers (Philly metro and Pittsburgh metro) that can win both a primary and general election. Fitzpatrick would absolutely win a general, but he would be toast in the primary.

This.

I think an underrated problem for the GOP in PA is the general lack of remaining red suburbs - suburbs tend to elect more palatable candidates for statewide than rural areas. In the US House and state leg, the PA GOP is increasingly becoming an almost exclusively rural party.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #418 on: March 28, 2024, 04:49:39 AM »

donald John trump
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #419 on: March 28, 2024, 05:55:16 AM »

Saw a McCormick ad on TV last night while watching Survivor. I feel like there’s a metaphor here somewhere.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: March 28, 2024, 07:37:37 AM »

Saw a McCormick ad on TV last night while watching Survivor. I feel like there’s a metaphor here somewhere.

I suppose it is an apt metaphor; introducing someone to an unfamiliar place and then watching as they struggle to survive.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #421 on: March 28, 2024, 08:05:28 AM »

I'm not convinced Fitzpatrick could win a general either; he'd obviously have a much better chance than almost anyone else the PAGOP would put up, but a senate GE would actually require him to take firm stances on a lot of issues, when he's been able to skate by on either a) not owning up to his positions on some issues or b) being very wishy-washy on them

He also has numerous votes that could come back and bite him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #422 on: March 28, 2024, 08:10:23 AM »

I'm not convinced Fitzpatrick could win a general either; he'd obviously have a much better chance than almost anyone else the PAGOP would put up, but a senate GE would actually require him to take firm stances on a lot of issues, when he's been able to skate by on either a) not owning up to his positions on some issues or b) being very wishy-washy on them

He also has numerous votes that could come back and bite him.

Actually Fitzpatrick is scheduled to lose I have him losing in Nov
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #423 on: March 28, 2024, 12:58:34 PM »

LOL. LMAO even

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #424 on: April 04, 2024, 12:03:16 PM »

I expect these to track the Q4 results in that McCormick did poorly with grassroots/small donor donations while Casey was the opposite

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies