Vilsack calls for an immediate end to the war by defunding it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:14:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Vilsack calls for an immediate end to the war by defunding it
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vilsack calls for an immediate end to the war by defunding it  (Read 518 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »

Wow, some unexpected spine here. To be fair, Kucinch and Gravel had already made similar comments, but now that even the recent chair of the DLC is for an immediate end, this is going to put a lot of pressure on the other candidates, particularly those who voted for this damn war (Clinton, Edwards, Biden, Dodd).

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 08:56:25 PM »

He's saying this because he has nothing to lose and is attempting to gain attention among the progressive bloggers. You didn't provide the link, Jfern, but I'd be willing to bet that you got it from DailyKos. I'm also willing to bet that you have a much more favorable view of Vilsack than you did in the past. Granted, you live in California, so it doesn't really matter what you think, but I'm sure this has caught the eye of quite a few progressive Iowans and whatever the hell the term for people that live in New Hampshire is.

I still doubt that Vilsack will be able to win the Iowa Caucus. If he doesn't come in first, his campaign is over. His only hope is to win Iowa, gain some name recognition, and ride some sort of a wave into New Hampshire.

I'm not expert on military strategy, but even if Vilsack were elected President, I doubt he'd be able to initiate a rapid pullout. He could probably get most of the troops out within a year or so though. Good enough, I guess?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 09:56:11 AM »

please democrats, pllllllllllllease  defund the war.

it will be a brilliant political move on your part.

it would probably work even better than newt gingrichs stunt to shut down the government.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 03:50:37 PM »

No, the mistake would be to not defund it. Senate Democrats voted to allow Bush to warmonger for no good reason all the way back in October 2002, and then they voted to blow hundreds of billions of dollars on this war started for no good reason. They knew damn well that Bush was a warmonger. If they can't figure out how to end this war, they are the losers. Political cowardice is the losing option here.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 03:52:42 PM »

Diary on Dailykos, now #6 on the recommended list.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/2/6/82852/81411?detail=f
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies