California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:40:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)  (Read 64618 times)
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« on: January 05, 2023, 12:05:53 PM »

It sure as hell will never be a Republican. What if Feinstein decides to run for another term? Porter has a chance.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 03:24:30 PM »

Yeah, Schiff is definitely the right candidate here and the fact that he's likely to hold his powder until Feinstein actually decides to retire will help him get establishment support. There is no real risk of two strong Republicans in a crowded primary, so there's no risk of letting three credible Dems battle it out, but I think this field will probably scare off other candidates like Khanna (hopefully) and Barragan (unfortunate).
I don't even know who the CAGOP would run but it would be some weak sauce state senator or something. A half try.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 12:12:33 PM »

Why not Newsom run, he's already got some fame and he can hold his seat until 2028 for when he can run for president.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 11:35:03 AM »

Schiff is probably screwed if it ends up as Dem vs Dem in November right? Seems like Republicans hate him so much they’d hold their nose and vote for Porter. Maybe for Lee too, but keep in mind that she is black.
I would rather abstain than vote for either of them, I feel many Rs wouldn't want to cast a vote for either of them too.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 01:40:36 PM »

BREAKING: Adam Schiff officially in

Endorsed.

It's funny nobody cares to wait for DiFi's "announcement" of her plans.

There’s a decent chance DiFi doesn’t live to make her “announcement”

I was thinking this but didn't want to say it...

The woman is about 10 years past life expectancy. It’s sad, but, combined with her more recent mental decline, she is likely in very poor health. She’s been married three times and has outlived all of them. I truly hopes she can retire and live out her days comfortable, but that’s not a given.

There was a Vox exposé about 5 or so years ago on Congresspeople being prescribed Alzheimer's medication, and rumors swirled one of those referenced was Feinstein. It's sad really, but if you look at her political history and beliefs it's not too surprising that she would end up turning herself into a cyborgian monster to continue advancing her class's interests.

Anywho....

Schiff is probably screwed if it ends up as Dem vs Dem in November right? Seems like Republicans hate him so much they’d hold their nose and vote for Porter. Maybe for Lee too, but keep in mind that she is black.
I would rather abstain than vote for either of them, I feel many Rs wouldn't want to cast a vote for either of them too.

I really don't understand this. You know he was an actual Blue Dog, right? I think, when it comes down to it, Porter is probably only slightly more conservative than Khanna, who is probably only slightly more conservative than Lee. But on defense issues, budget issues, crime, Adam Schiff is clearly and openly to their right for sure.

I mean, I hope Republicans don't vote for him because I think he is not the Senator we need. But I would be surprised if, up against someone like Katie Porter, conservatives didn't give him another look. And he will definitely come round to court y'all!
Hmm, we'll see. If it goes down between him and someone way to the left, I might vote for him just to have someone less... progressive!
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 12:51:47 PM »

Would a D vs D race be competitive? What would such a county map look like?
2018 was reasonably competitive was it not? That was Harris v Padilla IRCC.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 05:55:09 AM »

Still wondering if any GOP people have announced a run yet. Hopefully not another Mark Meuser (dude doesn't even have a photo on wiki). Hopefully none of our House Rs (Issa, Valadao, Kim, Steel, Duarte) run as they're in super valuable seats to hold.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies