California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:06:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)  (Read 64434 times)
Zedonathin2020
United States

« on: January 02, 2023, 10:09:01 PM »
« edited: January 02, 2023, 10:13:04 PM by Zedonathin2020 »

Porter just had a big scandal regarding her treatment of staff, not sure she runs for senate at this point.  The main two candidates im likely to support at this point are either Khanna or Barbra Lee, though ill wait to see who announces and what their platform is before I make any commitments.

Literally every politician ever has had a scandal at one point or another and they keep getting elected, not sure why it would be different for Porter.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 10:45:21 AM »

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 11:34:56 AM »

I guess the question now is who replaces Porter in the House. Irvine's Mayor maybe?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 05:53:55 PM »

If Feinstein had to retire, I could see Barbara Lee being appointed caretaker. A nice way to cap her long career

The problem with Lee is that she's 76 now, will be 78 on Election Day, and would be 84 in 2030. Why would Californian's replace the almost 90 year old DiFi with somebody almost as old as her?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 08:27:55 AM »

We have to wait for Feinstein and Feinstein said she isn't declaring right now

No, we don't.  Feinstein is pretty clearly unfit to serve at this point and has been for some time (and was a pretty lousy Senator to begin with).  Feinstein should've resigned years ago and should be primaried if she refuses to finally do the right thing.

I wouldn’t say resign per say, but she definitely should’ve retired in 2018 or 2012, maybe even 2006.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 01:17:07 PM »

Barbara Lee is IN:

I’ve said this before and I’ll keep saying it, why would anybody want to replace a would be 91-year-old with a would be 78-year-old that would be just 5 years younger than DiFi is now in 2030? If she was about 30 even 20 years younger I’d gladly support her. But that just isn’t the case.

It’s the 2020s, we need to stop electing 70+ year olds to office.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 10:15:20 AM »

BREAKING: Adam Schiff officially in

Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 10:25:48 AM »

BREAKING: Adam Schiff officially in

Endorsed.

It's funny nobody cares to wait for DiFi's "announcement" of her plans.

I mean given the fact that DiFi is old enough to have went to her junior prom with Jesus Christ himself, its not THAT surprising
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 10:07:56 PM »

Does Maebe A. Girl win Schiff's old seat? Would really like to see her in Congress.
I would really hope so, the race looks really crowded with Mike Feuer, Laura Friedman and others getting ready to hop in, it should be noted the district is very progressive though I think Maebe can make the GE again this time too but im not sure she pulls it off in the end will definitely be a race to watch.

It’s either gonna be them or that Disney Channel alumn. And out of the both of them I’d like it to be Maebe more, if only so I can see conservatives seethe at the sight of a Non-binary drag queen being elected to congress.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2023, 12:15:15 PM »

Who the hell are Republicans even going to run? I think this'll end up being a D vs D lockout.

The national GOP will just ignore the race (wisely to do), with some random candidates taking votes from each other so that neither will advance to the November election. I think it will be a Schiff vs. Porter showdown.

The only way Republicans could even have a SLIVER of a chance of making it to the general is if either Garcia or Kim run, and even then I can't guarantee it.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2023, 03:06:13 PM »

Barbara Lee Update: She is expected to announce by the end of the month

Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2023, 02:05:41 PM »

LETS F----ING GOOOOO!!!

SENATOR PORTER BOIIII
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2023, 02:24:12 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2023, 02:27:27 PM by Zedonathin2020 »

And now the entire California establishment machine comes down for Schiff.

They already did, the House Democratic delegation (including Pelosi now that DiFi’s going bye bye) has already endorsed him.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2023, 03:20:57 PM »

comparing Biden's 2020 run with Barbara Lee's senate run is not an apt one...Dems didn't have many alternatives in 2020 and Biden was polling the best vs Trump among all possible Dem candidates. That's just not the case here...even worst possible Dem candidate will win the California Sen race.

And if that seat MUST be held by a WOC, why not London Breed and not somebody who’s almost 80 years old and would probably only serve a single term?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 10:16:29 AM »

Lee FINALLY makes her run official

If she was about 10 or 20 years younger she’d have my full endorsement, but as of now I’m still 100% on Porter
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023, 08:08:23 PM »

Does anyone have a sense or prediction for which Republicans will run?

I don’t think any of the house delegation runs, as they’re either in Safe Seats, the most vulnerable seats in the house, or Kevin McCarthy.

Larry Elder COULD pull an Allan Fung and run, but I don’t think he wants to be seen as a perennial candidate.

So honestly I have no idea. It could literally be ANYBODY.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 11:47:46 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2023, 11:51:07 AM by Zedonathin2020 »

And just like that Porter becomes my least favorite Democratic Senate candidate. This type of dangerous, misinformed rhetoric is the last thing we need from a U.S. Senator. Before commenting on this issue she needs to understand the vast difference between the US and Israel. This is disqualifying imo - she's just casually promoting the end of democracy in another country.

God d*** it!  Well, I can’t in good conscience support Porter anymore; I agree that this should be disqualifying.  Not that the average voter will care, but yikes!

Everybody's acting like this is some new revelation. U.S. politicians, even Democrats, have been simping for Israel since the 1940s. IMO it's pointless to talk about this when only about 10 members of congress openly condemn Netanyahu and his government.

That article removed important context in the headline. She was impressed by his "candidness" not his actions.

Change is about progress. Not perfection
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2023, 08:42:38 AM »

Khanna looks like he'll announce he's running today.
Idk. Imo his announcement is that he's not running and he's endorsing Lee.
As I've said, if he does get in, all he needs to do is get in the top 2, cause he would beat any other Democrat (or republican) in a runoff.

And you ended up being right

Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2023, 12:39:44 PM »

This is one of the main reasons I don't want Lee. She will be 78 by the time her Senate term starts. Why go for Lee and risk situations like this when you have a younger alternative who will vote the same as Lee 99%+ of the time ?

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1645428932835942402

Because I want a proven left-wing voice from the Bay Area.

Who cares about the Bay Area? Do we really want to deal with another Feinstein situation in a couple of years who even if she doesn't end up like DiFi will probably just serve out a single term, when we could easily elect a much younger progressive who could shape the future of the Democratic Party for years to come, and could even be a contender for the Presidency post-Biden?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2023, 04:54:36 PM »

If Feinstein resigns or dies, who does Newsom appoint (likely an African-American woman)?

I'd imagine Lee, who would go on to run for a full term, and unlike current circumstances the theoretical incumbency advantage would help her win. But given her age it could also be London Breed, who really ought to be running instead of Lee in the first place.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2023, 05:25:50 PM »

Newsom's past declaration that he would appoint a black woman here is an intriguing factor here. When he said this, people on this forum took that to mean London Breed because they were unaware that there are multiple black women who live in California.

London Breed, who really ought to be running instead of Lee in the first place

People on this forum are really never going to stop trying to make London Breed happen, are they?

I mean if were going to talk about electing a Woman of Color, I'd rather it be someone who isn't older than my all four of my Grandparents.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2023, 02:04:34 PM »

Just a really disgusting exploitation of sexism here. Never underestimate the Dem establishment's ability to simp for the most mediocre politicians imaginable.

Reminds me of the general Democratic reaction to Neera getting shot down, or Sinema saying sexism was why she got criticized for Fortnite dancing on the poor.

Did she just forget Thad Cochran?

And John Fetterman, don't forget about John Fetterman
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2023, 10:08:30 AM »

It's pretty clear that her staff is propping up an Alzheimer's patient to protect their own job security. At this point, there needs to be an elder abuse investigation into the people around her, because it's genuinely psychotic what they're doing to her. Extremely shameful that the Democratic party has been silent about one of their senior members being a victim of a genuinely terrifying crime

I hope that whenever she dies in office (and trust me, that is what's going to happen), that somebody, anybody, opens up an investigation into this. Because this is just plain evil at this point.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2023, 10:44:22 AM »

Clyburn endorsed Lee:

Is this really surprising? Of course the Congressional Black Caucus endorses the Black candidate.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2023, 11:10:24 AM »

If the general is Lee vs Schiff (as is looking likely at the moment) then the general is likely Lee.

Right now, Schiff vs Porter looks far more likely

I hope it is, I like Lee, and I think she would make a good Senator, but she is just too old to be running for a first term in the Senate, especially at a time when we clearly need younger voices in government. Her running now makes me question why she just didn't run in 2016.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies