California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:01:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)  (Read 64631 times)
Spectator
United States

« on: January 10, 2023, 01:49:24 PM »
« edited: January 10, 2023, 01:53:28 PM by Spectator »

Rumor that former congressman Harley Rouda will make an announcement soon as well:

I heard last year from a Porter staffer that Rouda didn't run against Porter in exchange for her not stepping in the primary while she runs for Senate so I expect Rouda to run and be the D nominee in her district.

Im very lukewarm on Porter after the staffer scandal

and even without she votes pretty moderately in the house, she's better than Schiff and if it comes down to those 2 I'm behind her, but I'd prefer someone more progressive like Barbra Lee and Ro Khanna.

Yikes, hope she loses. It's the last text that is really tone deaf for me.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 09:24:51 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2023, 09:45:31 PM by Spectator »

Endorsed, regardless of who else runs.  

Side note: Porter was clearly right to fire that moron for ignoring the office’s COVID testing policies and then proceeding to give her COVID; if some selfish dumba** gave me COVID and put my and my family’s lives at risk with their stupidity, you better believe I’d fire them too!  This isn’t a scandal and there is no good-faith argument for pretending that it is
The person was not ignoring the office COVID policies from what we know. Would you fire someone for getting a disease outside of their control? No one purposely gets a disease and firing someone for it is genuinely misguided.

If she’s as irresponsible as she was when she was with Porter’s office, then I wouldn’t be surprised if she got herself sick by doing something similarly stupid tbh.  I’d definitely fire someone for violating office COVID policies and giving me COVID as a direct result, if that’s what you’re asking.

Endorsed, regardless of who else runs.  

Side note: Porter was clearly right to fire that moron for ignoring the office’s COVID testing policies and then proceeding to give her COVID; if some selfish dumba** gave me COVID and put my and my family’s lives at risk with their stupidity, you better believe I’d fire them too!  This isn’t a scandal and there is no good-faith argument for pretending that it is

That staffer's friend was brutally murdered, so I suspect she had bigger things on her mind than testing for a disease that's not even really a threat anymore.  

Seriously, it's one thing if this story happened in May 2020. But imagine still being scared of COVID in summer 2022. That's not the kind of person we need in a high-profile position like being a Senator from the country's most populous state. Katie Porter can f**k off to Communist China where she would be much more at home.

- It sucks that her friend got murdered, but that doesn’t give her the right to put Porter and her family’s lives in danger with her selfishness, stupidity, and irresponsibility (to say nothing of everyone else in Porter’s office’s lives).

- Re: COVID: With all due respect, you have no idea what you’re talking about.  Incidentally, Communist China’s policies on COVID seem to be far closer to what you want than the policies at Porter’s office.

Porter’s last response was unempathetic and completely self-centered. Oh no, how in the world will someone making over $200k a year plus per diem ever take care of their child. What a nasty thing to say unprovoked.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 05:34:43 AM »

I’m surprised there isn’t more concern about a Republicans top-2 shutout here. It’s going to be concurrent with the Republican presidential primary in the state, and there’s already 3 big name Dems running.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 07:03:40 PM »

I was kind of hoping she would run for re-election and easily win just so we wouldn't have this annoying thread about a Safe D state race keep popping off.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 03:49:29 PM »

I think if Garvey plays his cards right there may be an opening for him to win the special election. Schiff is guaranteed the 6 year Senate seat, but the 1-2 month one I think Garvey has a very small window of oppurtunity for. He is doing 5 points better in the special election, and is likely more popular than Schiff in the state politics aside. If he can succesfully make the case, enough people might be fine with a symbolic R Senator for 2 months before Schiff takes over for the rest of 6 years. It's a meaningless race though but it's not like Garvey has anything better to do.

I hate to be super simplistic but no. This is California. Both nominees are generic as hell. And the general will have presidential turnout.
I agree the odds are super, super thin and even Hogan has significantly better chances of winning his race.

The odds are zero. This is California where the last Republican to win statewide (not even for Senate) was arguably the biggest movie star at the time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies