California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:05:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)  (Read 64500 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: November 14, 2022, 10:54:04 AM »

I would say two things: first, this is going to be a very interesting race. Second, I just hope the next Senator from California isn't Ro Khanna

What's wrong with Khanna in your mind? He's a pretty standard Democrat from what I know.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 11:40:54 AM »

I would say two things: first, this is going to be a very interesting race. Second, I just hope the next Senator from California isn't Ro Khanna

What's wrong with Khanna in your mind? He's a pretty standard Democrat from what I know.

In general, I always considered him to be rather weak in his position on Russia. His support to now-withdrawn letter of CPC to Biden which was a big disappointment and which basically asks to push Ukraine into negotiations and ceding territories, reaffirm my judgment on him. In the Senate there are already some pro-Putin members (e.g. Rand Paul, Josh Hawley), one will be sworn-in on January 3, 2023 (J.D. Vance, who "doesn't really care what happens to Ukraine one way or another") and I don't want this "Putin caucus" to grow any more

Ah, ok-- I should've guessed. If he had just asked for negotiations then I'd be ok with that; even if they don't go anywhere, it's important to at least give Putin the feeling that he has a way out of this so that he doesn't go ballistic. Pushing Zelensky to actually cede territory is disqualifying though IMO.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 09:10:17 AM »

California politics has become downright feudal in the past decade. Newsom and Schiff’s only appeal is that they’re next in line to the throne.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 03:01:17 AM »

comparing Biden's 2020 run with Barbara Lee's senate run is not an apt one...Dems didn't have many alternatives in 2020 and Biden was polling the best vs Trump among all possible Dem candidates. That's just not the case here...even worst possible Dem candidate will win the California Sen race.

And if that seat MUST be held by a WOC, why not London Breed and not somebody who’s almost 80 years old and would probably only serve a single term?

Here's a good example of a phenomenon I observed recently:

This forum has always been fascinated with the idea of London Breed winning higher office, but there doesn't seem to be any reason there except that she's a black woman and I guess not everyone here can name other black female politicians in California.

This is called Kamala Harris Syndrome, but that's not the case here. London Breed is awesome. Still, she should stay in SF. She's not done hosing down the homeless yet.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 05:21:49 PM »

If Feinstein resigns or dies, who does Newsom appoint (likely an African-American woman)?

I'd imagine Lee, who would go on to run for a full term, and unlike current circumstances the theoretical incumbency advantage would help her win. But given her age it could also be London Breed, who really ought to be running instead of Lee in the first place.

Breed is happy where she is, and I hope to god she stays there. SF needs her.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 12:33:51 AM »

What an embarrassment. Maybe someday my state will stop rewarding the Pelosi/Newsom political machine for its corruption and treachery, but not anytime soon.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 01:41:34 AM »

What an embarrassment. Maybe someday my state will stop rewarding the Pelosi/Newsom political machine for its corruption and treachery, but not anytime soon.

Who did you vote for today?

Tactical vote for Porter to stop Schiff. Really disappointing result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies