California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:35:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 64
Author Topic: California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)  (Read 64480 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: April 19, 2023, 09:15:49 AM »

Yes, we all know how much Republicans love Dianne Feinstein in particular and hate misogyny in general.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #676 on: April 19, 2023, 11:40:17 AM »

People are idiots.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #677 on: May 03, 2023, 10:34:15 AM »

Clyburn endorsed Lee:

Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #678 on: May 03, 2023, 10:44:22 AM »

Clyburn endorsed Lee:

Is this really surprising? Of course the Congressional Black Caucus endorses the Black candidate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #679 on: May 03, 2023, 10:56:42 AM »

Schiff is still favored that's why they got ALLRED and JAWANDO to run because they will win I know CA Porter and Lee will split the vote and Schiff wins
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #680 on: May 03, 2023, 10:58:22 AM »

Clyburn endorsed Lee:

Is this really surprising? Of course the Congressional Black Caucus endorses the Black candidate.

No, especially since the CBC already endorsed Lee.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #681 on: May 06, 2023, 09:26:26 AM »

If the general is Lee vs Schiff (as is looking likely at the moment) then the general is likely Lee.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #682 on: May 06, 2023, 09:34:13 AM »

Barbara Lee is getting stronger due to fact other blks are getting into other races Will JAWANDO and Collin Allred we have blk men running in FL
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #683 on: May 06, 2023, 10:29:00 AM »

If the general is Lee vs Schiff (as is looking likely at the moment) then the general is likely Lee.

Right now, Schiff vs Porter looks far more likely
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #684 on: May 06, 2023, 11:10:24 AM »

I hope it is, I like Lee, and I think she would make a good Senator, but she is just too old to be running for a first term in the Senate, especially at a time when we clearly need younger voices in government. Her running now makes me question why she just didn't run in 2016.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #685 on: May 06, 2023, 11:21:13 AM »

I hope it is, I like Lee, and I think she would make a good Senator, but she is just too old to be running for a first term in the Senate, especially at a time when we clearly need younger voices in government. Her running now makes me question why she just didn't run in 2016.
Just like with Justice in WV, she may not be the best option, but at least she'll probably only run for one term so someone better can run next time around. Plus she's clearly the best on the issues.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #686 on: May 06, 2023, 11:33:25 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2023, 11:37:34 AM by Jimmy Newtron »

I don't believe it's worth having California be a state with two Senators (or even three) die in office within a period of 70 years (Feinstein will probably be the second). If that happens, California would be one of the few states to hold that distinction.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #687 on: May 06, 2023, 01:07:11 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2023, 01:12:34 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Do you know how old Waters, Eleanor Holmes Norton , Durvin and Schumer are 72 to 86 yrs old

The main cause of death of Blk females is Diabetes my mom and Grandma died from those Lee isn't gonna die in office especially not the first Term we need diversity in the S, Rs demonized Beasley, Demings and Barnes now we have JAWANDO, ALLRED and Lee

Also it's very hypothetical when they Rs supported Herschel Walker sex abuser and they support Cruz over ALLRED, ALLRED, Kunce are the best recruits we have and we still don't know whom is gonna be nominated in FLORIDA
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #688 on: May 07, 2023, 10:31:08 AM »

I don't believe it's worth having California be a state with two Senators (or even three) die in office within a period of 70 years (Feinstein will probably be the second). If that happens, California would be one of the few states to hold that distinction.
Guess who I made a vague reference to in the post I quoted? Do you remember his name?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #689 on: May 07, 2023, 10:33:13 AM »

Guess who I made a vague reference to in the post I quoted? Do you remember his name?
There was a Democrat in 1964 who died in office, right?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #690 on: May 07, 2023, 11:11:39 AM »

There was a Democrat in 1964 who died in office, right?
Clair Engle from California. Feinstein will probably be the next Clair Engel.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #691 on: May 07, 2023, 11:21:43 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2023, 04:51:23 PM by Хahar 🤔 »

Polls this far are meaningless. Four years ago, based on polls, you could say that Matt Lieberman was likely to make the Georgia runoff as the Democrat even though he had no institutional support and no campaign. That would be stupid.

Right now, we can look at all the forces that Barbara Lee has marshaled behind her and say that she's a good bet to make the general election, regardless of what a small amount of polling a year and a half might suggest.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #692 on: May 07, 2023, 12:04:44 PM »

Newsom is likely to appoint a replacement for Feinstein later this year or next year.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #693 on: May 17, 2023, 12:07:49 PM »

Will fundraising have an impact?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #694 on: May 17, 2023, 12:18:45 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2023, 12:26:34 PM by Canis »

Polls this far are meaningless. Four years ago, based on polls, you could say that Matt Lieberman was likely to make the Georgia runoff as the Democrat even though he had no institutional support and no campaign. That would be stupid.

Right now, we can look at all the forces that Barbara Lee has marshaled behind her and say that she's a good bet to make the general election, regardless of what a small amount of polling a year and a half might suggest.
Yeah Porter has higher name rec rn and that's why she's polling well. Lees gotten far more endorsements and her campaign is playing the inside politicking game very well meeting with progressives and activists from across the state , haven't seen the same effort from Porter yet. Lee is also a much more personable candidate everyone I know whose met her likes her while Porter comes across as stiff and cold. Schiff is also running a very strong campaign and is doing a good job of courting delegate support.  I think he definitely secures a spot in the general.

The Working Families party held a town hall  with Lee and Porter this week here's the link if anyone wants to watch it, they were pretty much in alignment on all the issues but Lee was much more engaging and charismatic then Porter. Starts around the 9 minute mark
https://www.youtube.com/live/3wXqUOKy4K8?feature=share
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #695 on: May 17, 2023, 12:26:49 PM »

Would Porter be favored to win my home county in the runoff (if she makes it to November)?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #696 on: May 18, 2023, 09:04:59 AM »

One of the most revolting exploitations of identity politics I've ever seen. This wasn't sexism and these elder abusing f**king crooks know it's not sexism.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #697 on: May 18, 2023, 11:29:30 AM »

One of the most revolting exploitations of identity politics I've ever seen. This wasn't sexism and these elder abusing f**king crooks know it's not sexism.

The oligarchy is alive and well in San Francisco. But I’m sure that this has nothing to do with Nancy Pelosi trying to preserve her class’s power at the expense of the progressive ideals she claims. After all it’s her opponents who are so sexist that they are trying to get someone reported by Vox to have Alzheimer’s almost a decade ago out of the senate.

Nancy Pelosi is easily the most corrupt, evil, corporate tool of a democrat and once again it shows
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #698 on: May 18, 2023, 08:47:26 PM »

The oligarchy is alive and well in San Francisco. But I’m sure that this has nothing to do with Nancy Pelosi trying to preserve her class’s power at the expense of the progressive ideals she claims. After all it’s her opponents who are so sexist that they are trying to get someone reported by Vox to have Alzheimer’s almost a decade ago out of the senate.

Nancy Pelosi is easily the most corrupt, evil, corporate tool of a democrat and once again it shows

But that oligarchy usually props up local candidates at the expense of LA. The Machine is very much a Bay Area machine.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #699 on: May 18, 2023, 08:56:04 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2023, 09:00:06 PM by Baby Quackers »

Aren't you the one who'd rather have a Republican win than Schiff? Having a Republican win a Senate seat in California (for even one term, remember "yes on Clarence Thomas" voting Senator John Seymour) would do irreparable damage to the nation for decades (maybe even forever), where SCOTUS picks will be blocked by a Californian, and that Senator would vote for Federalist Society SCOTUS justices.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies