California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:19:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 64
Author Topic: California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)  (Read 64459 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: April 13, 2023, 02:35:59 PM »
« edited: April 13, 2023, 03:17:27 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Feinstein isn't retiring unless she is incapacitated like Laughtenberg or McCain, Shingles is not a disabled disease
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #626 on: April 13, 2023, 03:02:00 PM »

In case DiFi resigns in the coming weeks or months: With the campaign de facto ongoing already and high-profile candidates in, it seems reasonable to assume Newsom would appoint a placeholder who's not running for a full term in 2024? Who could that be?

I don't know, based on what Xahar and other have said this seems unlike Newsom. More likely he picks Lee with the idea of giving her the advantage in the primary so that then he'll be owed something.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #627 on: April 13, 2023, 03:18:52 PM »

In case DiFi resigns in the coming weeks or months: With the campaign de facto ongoing already and high-profile candidates in, it seems reasonable to assume Newsom would appoint a placeholder who's not running for a full term in 2024? Who could that be?

I don't know, based on what Xahar and other have said this seems unlike Newsom. More likely he picks Lee with the idea of giving her the advantage in the primary so that then he'll be owed something.

Feinstein isn't retiring unless she is incapacitated, Pelosi is just as old as she is Singles is no reason to resign and Fetterman is out too
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #628 on: April 13, 2023, 04:39:09 PM »

I could see him backtrack to appoint Jerry Brown or Cruz Bustamante. 
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #629 on: April 13, 2023, 04:51:49 PM »

With the campaign de facto ongoing already and high-profile candidates in, it seems reasonable to assume Newsom would appoint a placeholder who's not running for a full term in 2024? Who could that be?

It would likely be an African-American woman.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: April 13, 2023, 05:12:19 PM »

I mean, this is basic stuff, Feinstein needs to resign from the Senate.  That’d avoid all this nonsense about fighting over changing committee assignments.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #631 on: April 14, 2023, 07:17:40 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2023, 07:30:59 AM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Mob »

Just a really disgusting exploitation of sexism here. Never underestimate the Dem establishment's ability to simp for the most mediocre politicians imaginable.

Reminds me of the general Democratic reaction to Neera getting shot down, or Sinema saying sexism was why she got criticized for Fortnite dancing on the poor.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #632 on: April 14, 2023, 08:31:20 AM »

She's not resigning, I don't think she wants Lee to replace her, at any rate she told Schumer to appointment a temp replacement

It can change at anytime but this is the status now, I am all in for Schiff
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #633 on: April 14, 2023, 09:32:37 AM »

Perhaps he leaves it to DiFi herself to propose a placeholder. But I'm fairly certain it would a placeholder. That said, I expect her to serve out the term (or die in office).
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #634 on: April 14, 2023, 12:18:29 PM »

Just a really disgusting exploitation of sexism here. Never underestimate the Dem establishment's ability to simp for the most mediocre politicians imaginable.

Reminds me of the general Democratic reaction to Neera getting shot down, or Sinema saying sexism was why she got criticized for Fortnite dancing on the poor.

Did she just forget Thad Cochran?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #635 on: April 14, 2023, 02:04:34 PM »

Did she just forget Thad Cochran?

And John Fetterman, don't forget about John Fetterman
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #636 on: April 14, 2023, 04:22:21 PM »

Feinstein should resign.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #637 on: April 14, 2023, 10:05:48 PM »

BBBB

Bring Back Barbara Boxer!
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #638 on: April 14, 2023, 10:27:10 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #639 on: April 14, 2023, 10:37:57 PM »

I mentioned this before with the calls for McConnell to resign. Feinstein's absences are denying Democrats a majority on the Judiciary committee, blocking nominations. And Pelosi endorsed the one man in the 3 way race to replace Feinstein. Pelosi is pathetic.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #640 on: April 15, 2023, 01:52:47 AM »

Remember the time she endorsed Joe Kennedy's primary challenge against Ed Markey because Markey was palling around with AOC?

Very thankful that Jeffries is leader now. He clearly has his own beliefs but he at least is willing to put them aside for party unity.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #641 on: April 15, 2023, 07:22:07 AM »

It's pretty clear that her staff is propping up an Alzheimer's patient to protect their own job security. At this point, there needs to be an elder abuse investigation into the people around her, because it's genuinely psychotic what they're doing to her. Extremely shameful that the Democratic party has been silent about one of their senior members being a victim of a genuinely terrifying crime
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #642 on: April 15, 2023, 10:08:30 AM »

It's pretty clear that her staff is propping up an Alzheimer's patient to protect their own job security. At this point, there needs to be an elder abuse investigation into the people around her, because it's genuinely psychotic what they're doing to her. Extremely shameful that the Democratic party has been silent about one of their senior members being a victim of a genuinely terrifying crime

I hope that whenever she dies in office (and trust me, that is what's going to happen), that somebody, anybody, opens up an investigation into this. Because this is just plain evil at this point.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #643 on: April 15, 2023, 10:17:45 AM »

No one running for the seat should be appointed unless they drop out of the race. Let the voters have a say without giving any candidate a huge incumbency advantage. Newsom should name a placeholder, though I'm not convinced yet DiFi will step down before her term is up.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #644 on: April 15, 2023, 11:32:00 AM »

I’ve seen people criticizing this.  What do they want her to say?  That she would just refuse to accept an appointment?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #645 on: April 15, 2023, 11:42:11 AM »

I’ve seen people criticizing this.  What do they want her to say?  That she would just refuse to accept an appointment?

Yeah, nothing wrong with her statement. On the other hand, one of her top endorsers leading the charge for Feinstein to resign feels rather scummy.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #646 on: April 15, 2023, 12:49:47 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2023, 12:54:24 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Feinstein says she won't step down and if D's win in 24 and win AZ, OH, MO, FL they can appoint all the pro choice judges out there

They are gonna need her on the Debt Ceiling vote but rushing back to Appoint judges and Biden is gonna beat Trump anyways isn't an option

I don't know what Feinstein wants to replace the signs of it she prefers SCHIFF to Lee

Of course Barbara Lee says this it helps her in the primary she is gonna get just 15 percent
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #647 on: April 15, 2023, 12:54:08 PM »

If Newsom want to appoint a senator it’ll probably be Lee. If he wants to appoint a place holder I think it’ll be Shirley Weber
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #648 on: April 15, 2023, 06:36:07 PM »

If Newsom want to appoint a senator it’ll probably be Lee. If he wants to appoint a place holder I think it’ll be Shirley Weber

Weber has already filed for re-election in '26, & Newsom is reported as not wanting to put a thumb on the primary scales by delivering an incumbency advantage to Lee (as that would piss off the donor network that he shares with Schiff, DiFi, & Pelosi), so with Holly Mitchell saying no, I honestly do think it ends up being Auntie Maxine's time to capstone her career.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #649 on: April 15, 2023, 06:37:57 PM »

Weber has already filed for re-election in '26, & Newsom is reported as not wanting to put a thumb on the primary scales by delivering an incumbency advantage to Lee (as that would piss off the donor network that he shares with Schiff, DiFi, & Pelosi), so with Holly Mitchell saying no, I honestly do think it ends up being Auntie Maxine's time to capstone her career.
Well, if that happens, it certainly might be a plot twist I would not have expected.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies