California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 12:03:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 64
Author Topic: California Senate 2024 - Schiff (D) vs Garvey (R)  (Read 68860 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: December 06, 2023, 08:14:51 AM »

lmao yeah. Reminds me of the infamous "Eric" endorsement.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1326 on: December 06, 2023, 11:28:00 AM »

lmao yeah. Reminds me of the infamous "Eric" endorsement.

I’m getting New York Times 2020 Dem primary vibes.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #1327 on: December 06, 2023, 11:39:55 AM »

This is one of the funniest things ever I love it
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1328 on: December 11, 2023, 07:40:33 PM »

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1329 on: December 12, 2023, 01:00:37 PM »

Honestly, this crisis is Lee's best and probably only chance to get into the top two. Porter is a squish on I/P and if it becomes a major campaign issue, she's in trouble.

But make no mistake, in a Schiff vs. Lee race that hinges on I/P, Lee is getting DESTROYED.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1330 on: December 12, 2023, 01:34:25 PM »

Honestly, this crisis is Lee's best and probably only chance to get into the top two. Porter is a squish on I/P and if it becomes a major campaign issue, she's in trouble.

But make no mistake, in a Schiff vs. Lee race that hinges on I/P, Lee is getting DESTROYED.

Yeah, that's the thing. Porter is the progressive who can win, and actually represent California for decades to come. Lee is the vote that feels good to the average leftist's heart and accomplishes nothing otherwise.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #1331 on: December 12, 2023, 03:24:16 PM »

Yeah, that's the thing. Porter is the progressive who can win, and actually represent California for decades to come. Lee is the vote that feels good to the average leftist's heart and accomplishes nothing otherwise.

And lets be honest with ourselves, what would we rather have??
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1332 on: January 01, 2024, 12:59:05 PM »

Schiff is getting free publicity today from participating in the rose bowl parade and tournament. He doesn't represent much of Pasadena,  but I'm sure he put his thumb on the scale to get in position for the national press.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1333 on: January 02, 2024, 04:51:49 AM »

At this point Porter's best move is to lay the groundwork for a run for Governor with her Senate campaign. I don't see a path for her even in a top two with Schiff but she could start out as a favorite in the 2026 Gov primary.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1334 on: January 02, 2024, 09:47:27 AM »

At this point Porter's best move is to lay the groundwork for a run for Governor with her Senate campaign. I don't see a path for her even in a top two with Schiff but she could start out as a favorite in the 2026 Gov primary.

Not sure that would get better for her. Big names are already in, like Kounalakis and Yee. Bonta is probably going to join them as well. Maybe she should try another statewide office first or just work towards becoming a member of House leadership.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1335 on: January 02, 2024, 01:35:23 PM »

Not sure that would get better for her. Big names are already in, like Kounalakis and Yee. Bonta is probably going to join them as well. Maybe she should try another statewide office first or just work towards becoming a member of House leadership.

But she will not be in the House.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1336 on: January 02, 2024, 10:47:53 PM »

Wasn’t there rumors Schiff was going to be AG instead of Bonta? Porter could definitely run for that if Bonta runs for governor.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1337 on: January 03, 2024, 12:07:01 AM »

Wasn’t there rumors Schiff was going to be AG instead of Bonta? Porter could definitely run for that if Bonta runs for governor.

This will definitely not be the last we see from Porter assuming she loses. I don't know why people were getting all bent up over her giving up her House seat when its clear she had no interest in staying there long term. Lee is probably the only one out of the three who is done politically after this race.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1338 on: January 03, 2024, 09:49:10 PM »

joever

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1339 on: January 12, 2024, 04:57:23 PM »

For all the talk about a D v R race, LaTimes/UCBerkeley today found a D v D contest between Schiff and Porter to be to outcome,  and not that close given the divisions of the vote.

So as we approach the votingperiod, it seems to be a tossup between D v D vs D v R, not just the potential tossup between Porter and Schiff if it's D  v D.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1340 on: January 13, 2024, 10:47:53 AM »

Rs aren't winning CA noways, Garvey just took the Lee vote for 3rd
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1341 on: January 14, 2024, 06:07:25 PM »

wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #1342 on: January 14, 2024, 06:29:45 PM »

Barbara Lee would be 78 years old at the time of the election.
Weren't young american progresisves tired of old candidates?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1343 on: January 14, 2024, 09:00:15 PM »

It won't matter Katie Porter and Schiff are going to a runoff I am Def voting for PORTER
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1344 on: January 14, 2024, 09:04:35 PM »

Some progressives were hoping that Mike Gravel would get to call Bernie Sanders "young man" in a debate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1345 on: January 15, 2024, 02:12:12 AM »

Don't underestimate Porter she is the dog like the Chiefs but can comeback and win v Niners. I hope she wins she is gorgeous and I will be happy to vote for her in primary and GE
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1346 on: January 15, 2024, 07:34:52 PM »

We supported Ed Markey over Kennedy. We don't care how old someone is if they are on the progressive side of the issue.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1347 on: January 17, 2024, 12:26:56 PM »

It's hard to imagine Schiff not winning this at this point-

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1348 on: January 18, 2024, 12:24:25 AM »

It doesn't matter how much Schiff has Porter is gonna win SF area while Schiff wins down state CA, it's going to a runoff and I am surely going to vote for Porter she is on Facebook asking for Donations
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1349 on: January 19, 2024, 03:17:21 PM »

I'm so glad Lee has no chance because this is insufferable Jussie-level s**t.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies