TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:58:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer  (Read 23552 times)
Pollster
YaBB God

« on: November 25, 2022, 04:49:32 PM »

Democrats have been trying to recruit Admiral Bill McRaven to run statewide here for years. I'm sure they'll try again this year.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 10:47:37 AM »

Latest chatter I've heard is that Vicente Gonzalez is being recruited though there's no indication that he's interested.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 02:31:20 PM »

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 10:15:59 AM »

The party went hard after Vicente Gonzalez here but he didn't bite - good to see that they didn't give up on the "Hispanic Democrat from the border" strategy as a result.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 09:43:12 AM »

Defeating an incumbent like Pete Sessions by the margin he did in 2018 was no small feat (John Culberson barely campaigned against Lizzie Fletcher and lost by less). If he can stave off additional bleeding with Hispanic voters I think there's an argument to be made that this could be the cycle's closest Senate race, percentage-wise.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 12:52:32 PM »

Defeating an incumbent like Pete Sessions by the margin he did in 2018 was no small feat (John Culberson barely campaigned against Lizzie Fletcher and lost by less). If he can stave off additional bleeding with Hispanic voters I think there's an argument to be made that this could be the cycle's closest Senate race, percentage-wise.
Allred won by 6.5% in a Clinton+2 seat in a blue wave year. Not a bad performance at all, but I wouldn't call it impressive either and I doubt Pete Sessions of all people was some beloved incumbent.

Sessions may not have been beloved but he certainly wasn't controversial and as a longtime incumbent  with no major scandals was absolutely no pushover. Allred barely outspent him and though outside spending favored Allred his incumbency advantage should have kept this race closer.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2023, 12:52:49 PM »

Then again, Colin underperformed Biden by 5 in 2020. He is a generic party-line gun-grabbing Democrat who has no appeal to any swing demographics, though I am not writing him off completely.

Interestingly (I actually didn't know this before today) Allred was narrowly outraised and outspent in 2020 by a Republican establishment-friendly white woman and got virtually no outside group help while she got ~$1 million. It's not surprising at all that he underperformed Biden given those circumstances and probably should have done a tick worse than he did.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2023, 08:32:07 PM »

I mean why else would an only 3 term Democrat give up his safe seat and probably lose to Cruz in the Senate race?

Because congress members get their pension once they hit 5 years of service.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 01:39:05 PM »

This is the kind of Warnock-style moderate wordsmithing that manages to still get liberals excited out of their minds.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies