TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:26:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer  (Read 23547 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 29, 2023, 10:15:32 AM »

I hope it’s what I think it is, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just rebranding for re-election to the House

Honestly, while I certainly won’t complain if Allred is the nominee, I don’t think he’s the right guy for this race.  I think we’re better off running Roland Gutierrez.  While both would obviously be underdogs (to say the least), I think he would have a better chance of pulling off the upset than Allred.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 09:12:00 AM »

I have a feeling this primary will break heavily along racial and regional lines.

Assuming both Allred and Gutierrez both remain viable candidates, I'd expect Gutierrez to sweep basically all of the border, the panhandle, and generally most heavily Hispanic communities throughout the state. Allred I suspect will do better in the cities, particularly amongst white liberals and black voters. Also prolly gets a regional boost in Dallas.

I just hope it doesn’t turn really negative and that Gutierrez isn’t a sore loser.  I like Gutierrez and think he could have a real statewide future down the road, but this just isn’t his year.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies