MI-SEN 2024 Megathread - Meijer out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:21:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-SEN 2024 Megathread - Meijer out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-SEN 2024 Megathread - Meijer out  (Read 29424 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 13, 2022, 02:57:48 PM »

Do we know for sure that Stabenow is running for re-election?

She'll be 74, which is definitely old, but not old enough that it would be weird for her to run. I would think Dems are better off with an incumbent than an open seat, but Stabenow underperformed in 2018, so we'll see. If she doesn't run, Haley Stevens and Elissa Slotkin are the obvious frontrunners.
I never want to see Steven's run for anything after the despicable campaign she ran against Levin(and I know he was stupid for not running in the 10th because he would have won there given what we know now, but still)

Despicable how?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 01:07:50 PM »

Is there any sense of which of the major (potential) candidates are more progressive? I know Slotkin is more moderate and I’ve heard bad things about Stevens, but what about the various state officials?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 01:30:21 PM »

Is there any sense of which of the major (potential) candidates are more progressive? I know Slotkin is more moderate and I’ve heard bad things about Stevens, but what about the various state officials?

The most progressive and best shot recruit would probably Dana Nessel, but she doesn’t seem interested

I’m pretty sure she’s made it explicit that she’s not running.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 01:42:07 PM »

The most progressive and best shot recruit would probably Dana Nessel, but she doesn’t seem interested

I’m pretty sure she’s made it explicit that she’s not running.

Yea, after her maybe Brenda Lawrence or maybe Stephanie Chang/Laurie Pohutsky? The progressive bench is pretty thin

Whatever happened to Abdul el-Sayed? Is he still relevant?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies