MI-SEN 2024 Megathread - Meijer out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:32:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-SEN 2024 Megathread - Meijer out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
Author Topic: MI-SEN 2024 Megathread - Meijer out  (Read 29425 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 02, 2024, 10:41:49 PM »

On the one hand, aesthetically Craig was perfect. On the other hand, if he was that horrible at actually campaigning, he would have stood no chance against Slotkin.

Rogers is certainly underwhelming and leaves much to be desired, but he's a much stronger candidate than the two hedge fund managers(McCormick/Hovde), so I still think MI is still viable for the GOP. He probably needs Trump to win MI though.

Yeah Craig would not have a run a good campaign if he was so incompetent at the very basics. He could've easily gotten the nomination in MI-Gov 22 and MI-Sen 24 if he wasn't a disaster. Him dropping out now is a sign that an actual campaign would not have succeeded.
Craig is among the most disappointing Republican "rising stars" of the decade, alongside Majewski in neighboring Ohio.

Majewski was never a “rising star”. He was a weirdo that painted a Trump sign into his yard.
Ok, I might have used overly strong wording. But he did seem to have some potential, briefly.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #626 on: March 03, 2024, 08:36:54 PM »

On the one hand, aesthetically Craig was perfect. On the other hand, if he was that horrible at actually campaigning, he would have stood no chance against Slotkin.

Rogers is certainly underwhelming and leaves much to be desired, but he's a much stronger candidate than the two hedge fund managers(McCormick/Hovde), so I still think MI is still viable for the GOP. He probably needs Trump to win MI though.

Yeah Craig would not have a run a good campaign if he was so incompetent at the very basics. He could've easily gotten the nomination in MI-Gov 22 and MI-Sen 24 if he wasn't a disaster. Him dropping out now is a sign that an actual campaign would not have succeeded.
Craig is among the most disappointing Republican "rising stars" of the decade, alongside Majewski in neighboring Ohio.

Majewski was never a “rising star”. He was a weirdo that painted a Trump sign into his yard.
Ok, I might have used overly strong wording. But he did seem to have some potential, briefly.

You’re right, before Majewski’s veteran scandal he was getting outsized attention for an underdog congressional candidate
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #627 on: March 06, 2024, 12:15:35 PM »

I have a feeling I will be voting for Amash in the primary! Meijer could have had my vote, but his going home to trump sealed the deal on that.

It will be very interesting to see who the DeVos/Van Andel/Amway money gets behind. I could see it going to any of the three.
JMT

« Reply #628 on: March 11, 2024, 02:37:50 PM »

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #629 on: March 11, 2024, 02:47:36 PM »

Weird fact about this race; both Rogers and Slotkin are former intelligence officers. Rogers served as an FBI special agent in the early 90s and Slotkin served as a CIA analysis in Iraq during the 2000s
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #630 on: March 11, 2024, 02:49:50 PM »

Weird fact about this race; both Rogers and Slotkin are former intelligence officers. Rogers served as an FBI special agent in the early 90s and Slotkin served as a CIA analysis in Iraq during the 2000s

Rogers was even the Chair of the House Intel Committee!
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #631 on: March 11, 2024, 04:22:51 PM »

Trump had to endorse someone and the other two major candidates, impeached him.

Just a very weird GOP primary given the state of the GOP party elsewhere.

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #632 on: March 11, 2024, 04:24:00 PM »

I mean the Michigan GOP is in a very weird position at the moment. Oddities beget oddities.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #633 on: March 11, 2024, 04:27:55 PM »

I mean the Michigan GOP is in a very weird position at the moment. Oddities beget oddities.

Yes but Rodgers seems like the perfect fit for the Romney "old GOP." Given the state of the party in Michgan you would think this would be the swing state with a Kari Lake type instead of AZ
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #634 on: March 11, 2024, 06:51:26 PM »

I support Slotkin unless Amash becomes the nominee
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #635 on: March 11, 2024, 06:54:02 PM »

It is noteworthy how all three of the Republican candidates here have genuine anti-Trump credibility. Especially with the primary being separate from the already-held Presidential, I'm very interested in seeing what turnout looks like, and where.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #636 on: April 26, 2024, 04:24:04 PM »

He had no chance of winning the primary, but would have been a strong GE candidate if he had.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #637 on: April 26, 2024, 05:08:55 PM »

He had no chance of winning the primary, but would have been a strong GE candidate if he had.

Ehh, he kinda blew it with the whole “Biden is a bigger criminal than Trump; impeachment was a mistake” schtick
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #638 on: April 26, 2024, 05:48:59 PM »

Bill Huizenga has been MIGOP’s strongest benchwarmer for the last two cycles, not sure why he hasn’t run. He should in 2026. I could see him as a future VP pick if he becomes senator.
Compuzled_One
Rookie
United States
« Reply #639 on: April 27, 2024, 08:35:46 PM »

I think Rogers will win-little chance Amash will, with this Rust Belt state.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies