Did Nan Whaley have a chance against a Republican not named DeWine?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:28:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Did Nan Whaley have a chance against a Republican not named DeWine?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Specifically Jim Renacci and/or Joe Blystone
Whaley wins against both

Whaley wins against Renacci, loses to Blystone

Whaley wins against Blystone, loses to Renacci

Whaley loses against both, Ohio is too Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Did Nan Whaley have a chance against a Republican not named DeWine?  (Read 342 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2022, 11:19:08 AM »

DeWine has nearly 63% of the vote. As a popular governor with a measured and logical response to COVID, DeWine has won the general election against a Democrat by 5 points more than he won the Republican primary against divided opposition. When DeWine won, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that a lunatic would not govern our state, but also knew Nan Whaley's campaign was over before it started. Not that I cared, I voted for him.

By crushing Majewiski and carrying Skyes and Landsman to victory despite a soft GOP gerrymander, Democrats have reason to be moderately happy even in Ohio. However, in an election where Fetterman won by 5 and CCM won at all, even if I still expected a Vance victory, I would hope he could've been held under 5. Instead he won by almost as much as Brown did in 2018. The "outer" regions of Ohio are blood red wasteland which continue to trend further and further right.

This includes Tim Ryan's home region of the Mahoning valley, unimpressed with him leading the Congressional Quiet Time Caucus and doing yoga while their home region continued to wither and die. In these past few years, the Mahoning Valley has embraced its own death by voting for Trump and now Vance.

2022 was in large part about rejection of extremism in the Republican party. With that in mind, could Whaley have had a chance against one or both of the chaos candidates that tried to unseat DeWine, or is Ohio - the only state to elect a minion of Peter Thiel - just too far gone? 
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 12:51:15 PM »

No.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies