Heroes on Both Sides-A Star Wars Election/Diplomacy/Strategy Game (Interest/Rules/Discussion Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:57:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Heroes on Both Sides-A Star Wars Election/Diplomacy/Strategy Game (Interest/Rules/Discussion Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heroes on Both Sides-A Star Wars Election/Diplomacy/Strategy Game (Interest/Rules/Discussion Thread)  (Read 2439 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 12, 2022, 10:30:16 PM »

Given this is the Clone Wars...is Anakin Skywalker available?

I'd love to prevent Darth Vader from happening if I can.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 10:39:06 PM »

Given this is the Clone Wars...is Anakin Skywalker available?

I'd love to prevent Darth Vader from happening if I can.

The way the game functions, each character will serve as a leader of a faction with political/military influence of some sorts. As Anakin is just a Jedi Padawan at the moment, he isn't available. But alternatively, you could register as Yoda and control the Jedi Council, which would give you control over Jedi operations, including Anakin Skywalker.

Darn it. Can't do Yoda. Writing his speech in character would be a nightmare, and that's polite.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 01:28:38 PM »

Ah, screw it. If no one else has Palpatine I'll take him. Being a mad, cackling, evil Sith Lord will be fun for me.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 02:43:58 PM »

Question that both KaiserDave and I both want answered (since we are interested in playing as Palpatine). At this point in the Clone Wars, is Order 66 a thing?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 02:59:34 PM »

Question that both KaiserDave and I both want answered (since we are interested in playing as Palpatine). At this point in the Clone Wars, is Order 66 a thing?
The game will start at the formation of the Separatist Alliance, two years before the onset of The Clone Wars. At this point, the vast majority of the Clone army is still not ready for combat and their existence is still unknown to the Jedi. However the inhibitor chips which allowed Order 66 were implanted at birth and can be activated at any time.

Thank you for the info.

As stated before, I would like to play as Palpatine. If KaiserDave would prefer to have him, I'd be interested in Padme Amidala. I know she's not listed, but she's a very important Senator, in addition to being secretly married to Anakin Skywalker...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 03:20:46 PM »

The game will start at the formation of the Separatist Alliance, two years before the onset of The Clone Wars. At this point, the vast majority of the Clone army is still not ready for combat and their existence is still unknown to the Jedi. However the inhibitor chips which allowed Order 66 were implanted at birth and can be activated at any time.

Thank you for the info.

As stated before, I would like to play as Palpatine. If KaiserDave would prefer to have him, I'd be interested in Padme Amidala. I know she's not listed, but she's a very important Senator, in addition to being secretly married to Anakin Skywalker...

I would also note that Padme is a member of the Core Faction in the Galactic Senate, and would be an option to choose for faction leader during the game.

Very well. My preference is still Palpatine though, but I'd be open to Core Faction (Padme) too.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 04:36:05 PM »

Very well. My preference is still Palpatine though, but I'd be open to Core Faction (Padme) too.

So my thinking is since NYE seems more interested in the character of Padme than the Core Faction specifically, we can perhaps place Padme in the Rim Faction. Her faction has never been explicitly stated in Canon or in Legends, and while I did have some writing plans for Padme within the Core Faction, she can easily be replaced by Mon Mothma. This would also open up new potential political conflicts within the Rim Faction to be resolved in gameplay.

So in this scenario DC would take the Core Faction, NYE would get the Rim Faction with Padme and Dave would get Palpatine. This sound good to everyone?

That would be acceptable to me.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 08:44:11 PM »

I have to admit, I'm snickering at the fact we are actually getting translations of Yoda-speak.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2022, 09:06:46 PM »

I feel translations are not needed as it's not like Yoda's speech is that hard to understand.

Did you only watch Return of the Jedi/the entire sequel series?

Yoda is impossible to understand for us normal earthlings.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies