I told you crime would animate the moribund LIGOP--and it did
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:39:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  I told you crime would animate the moribund LIGOP--and it did
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I told you crime would animate the moribund LIGOP--and it did  (Read 1532 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2022, 12:10:12 AM »

I told you all for years that the crime wave that has returned to America would deck the NY Democratic
Party....I know the NJ/NY area well....this is what propelled Rudy Giuliani and George Pataki to power in the 1990s.

Long Island is now represented by 4 Republicans for the first time since the 1980s. Why? Because of crime.

The NYPD and yes the FDNY lives there. Say whatever you want to say about residency requirements, but the police and fire force has power on the state and a lot of white working class suburbanites in the Northeast don't like crime.

Although Gov. Hochul is reelected, she needs to reckon with that. The Democratic Legislature in Albany needs to fix the bail laws or else a lot of cops will be fleeing their jobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctapt8-zMYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksR0J6hsSRI
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 12:38:53 AM »

Welcome back, I've missed your threads
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 12:57:20 AM »

HE HAS RETURNED!
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 01:24:30 AM »

*threafs
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 04:44:11 AM »

The results in Downstate New York, jarring and unpleasant as they are, have unironically vindicated a lot of bronzian #analysis of the region, although it's interesting to note that this didn't really carry over into North Jersey.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 05:08:59 AM »

i would die for you sir
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 05:13:50 AM »

Welcome back, King!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 10:48:10 AM »

* Vice-King.

The king is olawakandi. He'd win with a 303 map anyways
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 11:09:48 AM »

ITS THREAFIN' TIME!
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 11:22:42 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 11:31:32 AM »

On a serious note; isn't a lot of that crime issues actually overblown, even in NYC? Last time I read was that the murder rate is going down. The GOP is just very effective in overhyping and exploiting on that and turn voters out on it.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 11:53:26 AM »

On a serious note; isn't a lot of that crime issues actually overblown, even in NYC? Last time I read was that the murder rate is going down. The GOP is just very effective in overhyping and exploiting on that and turn voters out on it.
Tell that to the NYPD and FDNY...are they lying? Why did cop Eric Adams get elected in 2021?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »

Finally, you're back! I knew you would be talking about Suffolk and Nassau Counties!
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2022, 12:21:25 PM »

Finally, you're back! I knew you would be talking about Suffolk and Nassau Counties!
Zeldin won Long Island because he is an Islander.....I told you about the influence that police and firefighters have on poli
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2022, 01:28:50 PM »

TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2022, 01:46:47 PM »

Tell that to the NYPD and FDNY...are they lying? Why did cop Eric Adams get elected in 2021?

Adams was able to frame his message in a way that resonated with Black voters in the primary, and he then won the general election by virtue of his city's partisan lean.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2022, 02:28:54 PM »

Thank you it's good to be back
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2022, 02:35:21 PM »

Zeldin won Long Island because he is an Islander.....I told you about the influence that police and firefighters have on poli

What would you recommend a Democrat running for governor, congress or whatever to make inroads here? I'm not sure just always crying for "tougher policies" really solves problems related to crime.

Democrats, however, need to get better on messaging, I think. I guess they're still somewhat associated with this "defund the police" garbage, although no Democrat of rank and file actually supports this. All they want is holding cops that misbehave accountable, which - it can't be said often enough - are a minority. And even the good cops should be interested in sorting bad apples out.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2022, 02:48:41 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2022, 02:51:53 PM by President Joseph Cao »

Dang it BRTD, the meter would have fit if you'd gone with just “hacks” my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

No no no, King is right:

kwabbit

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2022, 02:51:41 PM »

The results in Downstate New York, jarring and unpleasant as they are, have unironically vindicated a lot of bronzian #analysis of the region, although it's interesting to note that this didn't really carry over into North Jersey.

Long Island and Staten Island being insular has been discussed plenty on PG & D, but not often noted is that they are literal islands. Everyone and everything travelling in or out of Long Island must pass through the city. It magnifies local NYC issues in a way that probably isn't possible in areas that are accessible to the rest of the world.

That closed off quality prevents new blood from coming in. It's generations of NYC paranoia among Long Island ethic whites at this point. Zeldin harnessed it well. A lot of my peer group now works in NYC. Living in Bergen or Hudson County is normal, but living in Staten Island or Long Island is laughed off. Yuppies just aren't coming into Long Island and changing the character like they would in Northeast Jersey or Westchester.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2022, 02:55:03 PM »

What would you recommend a Democrat running for governor, congress or whatever to make inroads here? I'm not sure just always crying for "tougher policies" really solves problems related to crime.

Democrats, however, need to get better on messaging, I think. I guess they're still somewhat associated with this "defund the police" garbage, although no Democrat of rank and file actually supports this. All they want is holding cops that misbehave accountable, which - it can't be said often enough - are a minority. And even the good cops should be interested in sorting bad apples out.

A Democrat in the future of the 2020s probably would have to stay quiet on "defund". Don't talk about it because it is not popular. Reallocate. Talk about social workers, but social workers doing welfare checks don't work and it is probably dangerous.

Talk about a relationship between police and communities. I personally don't think police should be in those areas anymore, but Dems need to quiet down Sharpton, Barron and Mallory.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2022, 03:04:21 PM »

Long Island and Staten Island being insular has been discussed plenty on PG & D, but not often noted is that they are literal islands. Everyone and everything travelling in or out of Long Island must pass through the city. It magnifies local NYC issues in a way that probably isn't possible in areas that are accessible to the rest of the world.

That closed off quality prevents new blood from coming in. It's generations of NYC paranoia among Long Island ethic whites at this point. Zeldin harnessed it well. A lot of my peer group now works in NYC. Living in Bergen or Hudson County is normal, but living in Staten Island or Long Island is laughed off. Yuppies just aren't coming into Long Island and changing the character like they would in Northeast Jersey or Westchester.

If it is NYC paranoia, which some of it is, why do a lot of them work in the NYPD and FDNY as cops and firefighters? Why are they patrolling minority neighborhoods?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIany51XuuI&t
kwabbit

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2022, 03:08:45 PM »

If it is NYC paranoia, which some of it is, why do a lot of them work in the NYPD and FDNY as cops and firefighters? Why are they patrolling minority neighborhoods?

Working in the NYPD is a well-paying and stable job. I don't know if the NYPD members are the ones with NYC paranoia, but I don't think you communicate great things about the city to your other LI neighbors if you are a beat cop in Brownsville.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2022, 03:15:01 PM »

Working in the NYPD is a well-paying and stable job. I don't know if the NYPD members are the ones with NYC paranoia, but I don't think you communicate great things about the city to your other LI neighbors if you are a beat cop in Brownsville.

The white cop in the video is an LI cop and he seems to get along with the black population in Brownsville/Bed-Stuy really well, I guess you have to connect with people in order for changes to happen, but Sharpton and Barron and others don't feel that way and a lot of other people as well...

Pink Panther

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2022, 03:38:04 PM »

Hallelujah!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies