Will the electoral college-PV gap shrink or even reverse?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:25:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will the electoral college-PV gap shrink or even reverse?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the electoral college-PV gap shrink or even reverse?  (Read 527 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2022, 09:56:35 AM »

Based on last nights results I’d say it’s a good possibility
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 11:19:47 PM »

If Republicans start regularly winning Florida by double digits and continue to be more respectable in New York, that would lessen the gap a lot.  Those gaps tend to be fleeting anyway- in October 2012, the conventional wisdom was that Romney might win the popular vote but lose the Electoral College.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 12:36:23 AM »

If Republicans start regularly winning Florida by double digits and continue to be more respectable in New York, that would lessen the gap a lot.  Those gaps tend to be fleeting anyway- in October 2012, the conventional wisdom was that Romney might win the popular vote but lose the Electoral College.

And indeed the Electoral College favored Obama that year.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 10:24:07 AM »

If Republicans start regularly winning Florida by double digits and continue to be more respectable in New York, that would lessen the gap a lot.  Those gaps tend to be fleeting anyway- in October 2012, the conventional wisdom was that Romney might win the popular vote but lose the Electoral College.
I think the white vote in NY will revert to 2020 levels, but Rs could make up for that in CA with hispanics, who seem to be a more gop trending group than non college whites
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 01:58:48 PM »

Frankly, I almost hope Biden wins in 2024 while losing the popular vote. I think that’d be the only way to get Republicans on board with abolishing the Electoral College.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 03:00:37 PM »

Frankly, I almost hope Biden wins in 2024 while losing the popular vote. I think that’d be the only way to get Republicans on board with abolishing the Electoral College.

That's not happening.  They would advocate state level changes instead.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 03:03:15 PM »

I think the white vote in NY will revert to 2020 levels, but Rs could make up for that in CA with hispanics, who seem to be a more gop trending group than non college whites

Yes, DeSantis winning FL and TX by 15 while only losing CA by 15 is a lot more plausible than Biden only winning NY by 6.  I think it's a given the gap will shrink, but less than 50/50 that it will reverse in 2024.  I do think it will reverse by 2028.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies