AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:50:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 53350 times)
TML
Junior Chimp

« on: December 09, 2022, 06:34:12 PM »

Random thought: any chance Schumer talks Manchin into dismantling the filibuster now that Manchin's career is functionally over?

Manchin's career isn't remotely over.

If you believe that is so, can you identify which elected office (excluding local-level elected offices) he can win after his current term ends?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 08:07:18 PM »

When was the last time a candidate who lost a statewide general election made a successful statewide run immediately the following cycle? Particularly failed gubernatorial candidates?

The only one in recent memory I can think of off the top of my head was Claire McCaskill, who lost a gubernatorial election in 2004 before winning a US Senate election in 2006.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 08:57:34 PM »

When was the last time a candidate who lost a statewide general election made a successful statewide run immediately the following cycle? Particularly failed gubernatorial candidates?
Rosendale lost his senate race against Tester in 2018 but won MT-AL in the next cycle.

This reminds me...Greg Gianforte lost the 2016 gubernatorial election before winning a special US House election the following year.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 02:46:03 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/03/23/sinema-trashes-dems-gop-00088461

That woman does seem to have a loose screw or two. The word that comes to mind is narcissist, a condition that I have been told is incurable.

I am not sure how effective she will be as a lobbyist however, when she is no longer needed. So one wonders what her plan will be to maintain her lavish lifestyle. That seems to be job one. Her sartorial choices remind me of what I see from time to time what I see when Dan watches fashion shows. The outfits are not what one typically sees on the street or anywhere else for that matter, other than the runways on which the models strut.

I look forward to the day we won't hear from her and Manchin ever again after both were defeated in a landslide in the next election.

I'd far prefer Manchin to the Republican who will replace him.

While it is objectively true that Manchin would be better than nearly any Republican replacement for him, I don't think I would shed any tears for him in the event he loses either renomination or reelection, due to the amount of corruption that emanates from him (in fact, if I were a WV resident, I would definitely refrain from promoting him among people I know, even if I do vote for him in the general election).
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 11:36:12 PM »

Is it legal to serve as Governor and Senator at the same time?

It's clearly not legal to serve as both simultaneously, but Lake is only governor in her own imagination. (BTW, Arizona only allows governors to retain their governorship while running for US Senate if said governor is running during the final year of the gubernatorial term.)

On another note, in the event a sitting governor gets elected to the US Senate but the expiration of the gubernatorial term is later than the date of the senatorial inauguration, the governor must officially relinquish the governorship before being seated as Senator.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 02:27:32 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2024, 02:31:29 PM by TML »

Another politician whose departure I won't shed any tears for, even if she may be ideologically aligned with me on certain issues.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies