AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:52:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 52837 times)
xavier110
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: March 05, 2024, 02:55:42 PM »

The martyrdom complex. Good riddance.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #926 on: March 05, 2024, 03:02:42 PM »

While I expect Sinema to just retire from politics and get some cushy private sector/lobbying job, I also wouldn’t at all be surprised if this No Labels ticket happens.

I would be because there’s no way it’s going to be two Democrats.

Yeah, but Sinema technically isn’t a Democrat anymore. She’s an Independent! But I get your point, No Labels probably would want a Republican (or Republican leaning independent) on the ticket.

Well there’s no way No Labels will consider her “the Republican” on the ticket even if she technically isn’t a Dem anymore.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #927 on: March 05, 2024, 03:04:12 PM »

While I expect Sinema to just retire from politics and get some cushy private sector/lobbying job, I also wouldn’t at all be surprised if this No Labels ticket happens.

I would be because there’s no way it’s going to be two Democrats.

Yeah, but Sinema technically isn’t a Democrat anymore. She’s an Independent! But I get your point, No Labels probably would want a Republican (or Republican leaning independent) on the ticket.

Not even probably, they've said their ticket if it happens will be one D one R.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #928 on: March 05, 2024, 03:07:51 PM »

I'm a moderate, like most people. Lean D -> Lean D.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #929 on: March 05, 2024, 03:35:06 PM »

Good riddance.

I hope she enjoyed the attention while it lasted. She didn't have to be like Liz Warren, she just needed to vote like her colleague Mark Kelly or even Jon Tester and would have secured renomination with no or token opposition and enter the general election campaign as a modest favorite.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #930 on: March 05, 2024, 03:41:23 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2024, 03:45:28 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

Gutless f**king clout-chasing coward. All my contempt goes towards these assholes who sell out their constituents and are too scared to face them.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #931 on: March 05, 2024, 03:43:11 PM »

Don't be surprised if she becomes a Fox News talking head like the other famous progressive-turned-conservative in politics.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #932 on: March 05, 2024, 03:43:58 PM »

Makes it easier for Gallego but he was already doing good. I think most Sinema voters (all 14 of them) go to Gallego.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #933 on: March 05, 2024, 04:08:16 PM »

Spectator
United States

« Reply #934 on: March 05, 2024, 04:12:44 PM »

Say what you will about Sinema. She was effective as a bridge, and I don’t know which Democrats are going to be that liaison to getting things done once her and Manchin leave next year.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #935 on: March 05, 2024, 04:18:17 PM »

Say what you will about Sinema. She was effective as a bridge, and I don’t know which Democrats are going to be that liaison to getting things done once her and Manchin leave next year.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #936 on: March 05, 2024, 04:22:58 PM »

Mark Warner, Tim Kaine, Amy Klobuchar, Patty Murray, Maggie Hassan... Sinema and Manchin are not the only Senate Democrats that talk to Republicans.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #937 on: March 05, 2024, 04:24:22 PM »

Mark Warner, Tim Kaine, Amy Klobuchar, Patty Murray, Maggie Hassan... Sinema and Manchin are not the only Senate Democrats that talk to Republicans.

And Chris Coons.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #938 on: March 05, 2024, 04:27:49 PM »

Yeah, once Sinema and Manchin are gone, who's going to have good faith meetings with Republicans to discuss a bill proposal only for those Republicans to vote against the final bill and they also vote against the final bill
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #939 on: March 05, 2024, 04:58:43 PM »

A bridge between whom?  Herself and fellow Republicans?  She was worse than useless, she was proactively harmful and destructive at every turn.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #940 on: March 05, 2024, 05:06:41 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #941 on: March 05, 2024, 05:34:18 PM »

Sinema's schtick was so laughable because she tried to convince everybody that she was a politician who hated politics.
That's like trying to have a career as a DJ and saying you hate music.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #942 on: March 05, 2024, 05:35:50 PM »

Gallego's got this! It's going to be an upgrade.

If Democrats miraculously defend all their seats this year and keep the White House, losing Manchin and Sinema will be close to netting two seats. I really believe that still.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #943 on: March 05, 2024, 06:50:21 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2024, 06:54:09 PM by Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver »

What a shame that one of the most effective, bipartisan, and hardworking, no-nonsense Senators I have EVER seen was forced out due to hyperpartisanship. No one has had a more successful one-term Senate career IMO. She is an absolutely brilliant legislator and was extremely instrumental in bringing people from all sides of the political spectrum together to pass good, longstanding legislation.

I had a feeling this was coming, but it's devastating nonetheless. When she won in 2018 I envisioned a long career as a leading Senate moderate for her, which was perfect for a purple state like Arizona. Instead, the leftist activists and their damn purity tests decided she wasn't good enough.

I hope she runs for President under No Labels or for Governor of AZ one day.

Enjoy Senator Kari Lake, y'all. Sinema woud've won easily if Gallego didn't get in.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #944 on: March 05, 2024, 06:58:27 PM »

What a shame that one of the most effective, bipartisan, and hardworking, no-nonsense Senators I have EVER seen was forced out due to hyperpartisanship. No one has had a more successful one-term Senate career IMO. She is an absolutely brilliant legislator and was extremely instrumental in bringing people from all sides of the political spectrum together to pass good, longstanding legislation.

I had a feeling this was coming, but it's devastating nonetheless. When she won in 2018 I envisioned a long career as a leading Senate moderate for her, which was perfect for a purple state like Arizona. Instead, the leftist activists and their damn purity tests decided she wasn't good enough.

Enjoy Senator Kari Lake, y'all. Sinema woud've won easily if Gallego didn't get in.

Imagine actually believing this Roll Eyes
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #945 on: March 05, 2024, 07:00:18 PM »

Safe Gallegos
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #946 on: March 05, 2024, 07:33:46 PM »

Imagine actually believing this Roll Eyes

It's not satire?
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #947 on: March 05, 2024, 10:52:14 PM »

So excited for Sen. Gallego! It’s way past time we elected a progressive Latino to the Senate who actually seems to want a national profile.
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #948 on: March 05, 2024, 11:13:05 PM »

She was a very effective legislator and her retirement is a loss for the Democratic Party. However, she handled herself very poorly by being arrogant and going to bat for unpopular causes like private equity of all things. Either way her being forced shows that no Democratic Senator will oppose filibuster reform in the future- it’s not an acceptable position in the party, like being pro-life.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #949 on: March 05, 2024, 11:50:37 PM »

What an absolute waste of a once promising political career. She could've even remained in the Senate and voted to the right of 90+% of the Senate Democratic caucus and still remained a Democrat and won the primary had she not grandstanded and behaved the way she did. Leaving the party was kind of the official death knell but there was no reason for her to...or even to behave the way she did instead of just being a moderate.

Seriously, I can't think of any other politician that blew up their career so notably and deliberately that didn't involve an actual scandal. It's incredible.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies