AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:36:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 43
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 52824 times)
xavier110
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: September 13, 2023, 11:00:16 AM »

Lake is off her rocker, lmao. “Do you think I won, Blake? Do you think I won?”

Very Norma Desmond, Sunset Blvd.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #701 on: September 13, 2023, 09:24:49 PM »

Hoping they destroy each other and let Lamb win the primary by taking the majority of the conservative vote.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #702 on: September 13, 2023, 09:45:45 PM »

It feels like 2024 is going to be the same recruitment failure for Republicans as was 2022. The map actually puts them in a decent position to regain the senate majority, even if Biden wins reelection. It would be beyond hilarious if they blow it due to terrible candidates.

They can have a total debacle of a Senate cycle and still pick up the Senate. Manchin's seat is effectively gone and with that, really R seats like Montana or Ohio (not and, or) are all the Rs need to get to 51-49. Now granted, 51-49 would be a huge letdown for Rs who as recently as a year ago were saying that by 2025 they'd have 60 Senate seats. But it'd still put the GOP in the Majority.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #703 on: September 13, 2023, 09:57:25 PM »

It feels like 2024 is going to be the same recruitment failure for Republicans as was 2022. The map actually puts them in a decent position to regain the senate majority, even if Biden wins reelection. It would be beyond hilarious if they blow it due to terrible candidates.

They can have a total debacle of a Senate cycle and still pick up the Senate. Manchin's seat is effectively gone and with that, really R seats like Montana or Ohio (not and, or) are all the Rs need to get to 51-49. Now granted, 51-49 would be a huge letdown for Rs who as recently as a year ago were saying that by 2025 they'd have 60 Senate seats. But it'd still put the GOP in the Majority.

If Trump wins, Republicans just need Manchin's seat and they have the senate.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #704 on: September 14, 2023, 08:39:46 AM »

Kari Lake seems unwell from that article. She honestly thinks she won in 2022. It's actually really sad to see.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #705 on: September 14, 2023, 08:44:45 AM »

Kari Lake seems unwell from that article. She honestly thinks she won in 2022. It's actually really sad to see.

She has been ranting about 2022 ever since Hobbs was declared the winner. It's a new GOP trend not concede lost races anymore.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #706 on: September 14, 2023, 08:47:37 AM »

She has been ranting about 2022 ever since Hobbs was declared the winner. It's a new GOP trend not concede lost races anymore.

It’s not a trend, at least not yet. Trump and Lake are really the only ones who didn’t concede.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #707 on: September 14, 2023, 09:13:52 AM »

It’s not a trend, at least not yet. Trump and Lake are really the only ones who didn’t concede.

Mastriano didn't either, just some sort of drafted letter by an aide. Roy Moore didn't concede either, as did the 3rd in GA's 2022 gubernatorial primary.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #708 on: September 14, 2023, 09:50:48 AM »

I'm still not entirely convinced Lake actually believes what she's saying. To me it still comes off like a total bit. She's trying to *convince* people she believes this stuff, but deep down I don't think I buy she actually believes it. She's essentially just furthering this caricature because she thinks it will help her politically imo
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #709 on: September 14, 2023, 10:59:24 AM »

Mastriano didn't either, just some sort of drafted letter by an aide. Roy Moore didn't concede either, as did the 3rd in GA's 2022 gubernatorial primary.

Kandiss Taylor?  She's still claiming the primary was stolen from her*.  She's way, way around the bend.

* - Taylor got 3% of the vote.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #710 on: September 14, 2023, 12:48:43 PM »

I'm still not entirely convinced Lake actually believes what she's saying. To me it still comes off like a total bit. She's trying to *convince* people she believes this stuff, but deep down I don't think I buy she actually believes it. She's essentially just furthering this caricature because she thinks it will help her politically imo

You mean Donald Trump but with breasts? Gotcha
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #711 on: September 14, 2023, 05:10:26 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2023, 05:51:19 PM by Roll Roons »

Mastriano didn't either, just some sort of drafted letter by an aide.

I'm no fan of Mastriano, but he literally did. Even if that statement was written by some aide, it still had his name on it and made it clear that he was conceding the election.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #712 on: September 14, 2023, 05:47:54 PM »

Someone fill me in on why Masters would step aside for Lake if he doesn’t think she’d win. Is she just THE top dog of the Arizona GOP that you can’t challenge?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #713 on: September 14, 2023, 11:01:22 PM »

Someone fill me in on why Masters would step aside for Lake if he doesn’t think she’d win. Is she just THE top dog of the Arizona GOP that you can’t challenge?
Because Lake is unbeatable in a primary.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #714 on: September 14, 2023, 11:14:44 PM »

She is not. She barely won her first primary in 2022 and got under 50% of the vote in that.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #715 on: September 14, 2023, 11:49:30 PM »

She is not. She barely won her first primary in 2022 and got under 50% of the vote in that.
That was when the establishment threw literally everything they had at her and MASSIVELY outspent her. Also she was less popular back then.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #716 on: September 16, 2023, 08:02:15 PM »

I don't recall Roy Moore ever conceding to Doug Jones either.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #717 on: September 18, 2023, 01:52:52 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2023, 02:12:22 AM by greenchili02 »

Yeah, this phone call story sounds like a setup by Lake and her team in an effort to undermine Masters if he tries to run for Senate. Lake is a veteran in the media industry and knows her audience. I also don’t think Lake is crazy. She belongs to a new class of celebrity politicians that are willing to throw democratic norms and institutions under the bus in pursuit of power. I’d actually prefer it if she was just crazy.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #718 on: September 18, 2023, 02:00:30 AM »

Masters feels like he’s shaping up to be the DeSantis to Lake’s Trump.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #719 on: September 18, 2023, 03:38:48 AM »

Masters feels like he’s shaping up to be the DeSantis to Lake’s Trump.
Idk. Masters seems more adaptable like Trump is whereas Lake is more set in her ways and refuses to change. But in terms of their original support bases absolutely.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #720 on: September 18, 2023, 02:08:26 PM »

Still no word on whether Sinema is actually launching a vanity run? Wikipedia just says she "filled paperwork", which is a standard procedure.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #721 on: September 19, 2023, 06:16:38 AM »

Masters seems to have learned from his mistakes. I don’t know if it will be enough to beat Gallego but Lake would be far weaker
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #722 on: September 19, 2023, 07:09:58 AM »

Masters seems to have learned from his mistakes. I don’t know if it will be enough to beat Gallego but Lake would be far weaker

Masters would still lose
Galeel
Oashigo
United States

« Reply #723 on: September 19, 2023, 12:13:41 PM »

She definitely is unbeatable by Blake Masters though
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #724 on: September 19, 2023, 08:17:48 PM »

Lake just posted this on Twitter, it appears that IT is happening soon

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies