AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:32:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 43
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 53017 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 14, 2023, 03:16:46 PM »
« edited: April 14, 2023, 03:22:09 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

All states are red and blue except the Dakotas that are perm red, AZ like TX, like FL is heavily blk and Latino populated look at the Senators that are Latino that won Rubio, Cruz he can lose in 24 to a blk candidate, Rubio and Bob MENENDEZ

2006/12 MENENDEZ was about to lose, Kean Jr and what did he remind voters he supports Comprehensive immigration reform that's why Gallego will win the S race
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #526 on: April 14, 2023, 03:56:49 PM »

Sinema will obviously take more D votes than Rs. I don't see how Ds win this, it's just become a terrible situation.

Sinema is an extremely toxic topic in Democratic voting circles, if anything she'll more likely take votes away from disenfranchised McCainite Republicans

"McCainite Republicans" voted Hobbs and our at this point a part of a winning Democrat coalition in AZ.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/15/opinions/kari-lake-mccain-arizona-republicans-gabriel/index.html

Lake came very close to winning despite telling McCain supporters not to vote for her.

Sinema is incredibly unpopular in left wing voting circles but those McCain Republicans  are likely voters that dems still need in AZ

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #527 on: April 14, 2023, 07:14:23 PM »

Money trouble already for the Chamber of Commerce's favorite Independent.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #528 on: April 14, 2023, 08:39:43 PM »

Sinema will obviously take more D votes than Rs. I don't see how Ds win this, it's just become a terrible situation.

Sinema is an extremely toxic topic in Democratic voting circles, if anything she'll more likely take votes away from disenfranchised McCainite Republicans

"McCainite Republicans" voted Hobbs and our at this point a part of a winning Democrat coalition in AZ.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/15/opinions/kari-lake-mccain-arizona-republicans-gabriel/index.html

Lake came very close to winning despite telling McCain supporters not to vote for her.

Sinema is incredibly unpopular in left wing voting circles but those McCain Republicans  are likely voters that dems still need in AZ

As I said like Rubio, Bob MENENDEZ and Ted Cruz whom all win, Gallego supports Comprehensive immigration reform RS forgotten they got smoke by MENENDEZ with Kean Jr whom is Rep not S he lost in 2006 on immigration reform
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #529 on: April 15, 2023, 08:04:31 AM »

Lol pitiful numbers from her. No one wants to give her money
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #530 on: April 15, 2023, 09:28:26 AM »

Some users don't understand Blk and FEM and Latino vote can make up 5percent of the vote especially in blue states that's why Oz, Laxalt, Masters and Walker all lost their leads

2000/04/16 where RS won were pre Pandemic world
xavier110
United States
« Reply #531 on: April 15, 2023, 12:16:08 PM »

Yeah. It’s hard for me to tell if these folks are officially Ds (since so many have now voted that way for 8 years…) or can be lured back. My guess is yes to both Tongue
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #532 on: April 15, 2023, 01:59:30 PM »

Yeah. It’s hard for me to tell if these folks are officially Ds (since so many have now voted that way for 8 years…) or can be lured back. My guess is yes to both Tongue
Where are you getting 8 years from? Ducey 2014? McCain 2016? It's more like 4 years starting in 2018 with Sinema.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #533 on: April 15, 2023, 02:05:28 PM »

Money trouble already for the Chamber of Commerce's favorite Independent.

That's 100% on her. There was no need for her to be in the same lane as Bernie or Warren, but if she just voted and acted like Mark Kelly, she would have been fine.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #534 on: April 15, 2023, 03:33:37 PM »

Where are you getting 8 years from? Ducey 2014? McCain 2016? It's more like 4 years starting in 2018 with Sinema.

A lot of them didn’t vote for Trump in 2016. He had a very poor showing for top of ticket R
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #535 on: April 15, 2023, 04:08:07 PM »

Ruben Gallego wins somewhere with 3 pts like Kelly but under 50
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #536 on: April 15, 2023, 08:10:28 PM »

A lot of them didn’t vote for Trump in 2016. He had a very poor showing for top of ticket R
Yes most of them voted Gary Johnson, but my point is they voted Republican in other races as recently as 2016. I'm very skeptical they voted for Kirkpatrick over McCain.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: April 15, 2023, 09:10:41 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2023, 09:15:08 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Sinema is incredibly unpopular in left wing voting circles but those McCain Republicans  are likely voters that dems still need in AZ

Yes most of them voted Gary Johnson, but my point is they voted Republican in other races as recently as 2016. I'm very skeptical they voted for Kirkpatrick over McCain.

Have you seen the WI results you guys lost by 11 and Casey is up 17 Gallego isn't losing he is Latino like Rubio, Cruz and MENENDEZ

He has been ahead in every single poll over Rs
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #538 on: April 24, 2023, 10:23:41 AM »

New Poll:

Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #539 on: April 24, 2023, 11:47:08 PM »

New Poll:

This poll shows Lake as the best performing Senate candidate
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #540 on: April 25, 2023, 01:28:40 PM »

Hot take- Sinema is more likely to win in that scenario than Lake
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2023, 08:47:44 PM »

Hot take- Sinema is more likely to win in that scenario than Lake

Could Sinema be the next Charlie Crist?

Oh how I laugh if she loses 2030 or 2032 as a Republican to a DSA dues-payer.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #542 on: May 03, 2023, 12:13:33 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2023, 12:18:41 PM by xavier110 »

The NYT published a profile of Sinema the other day. Very weird piece that is largely hagiography with an occasional questioning of her tossed in for good measure. If you were to read it, you’d walk away thinking she’s the greatest legislator of all time.

Said another way, I found it interesting that almost every source/character witness praises her while the recitation of her bio to me makes her sound unhinged, lol.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #543 on: May 03, 2023, 01:24:24 PM »

The NYT published a profile of Sinema the other day. Very weird piece that is largely hagiography with an occasional questioning of her tossed in for good measure. If you were to read it, you’d walk away thinking she’s the greatest legislator of all time.

Said another way, I found it interesting that almost every source/character witness praises her while the recitation of her bio to me makes her sound unhinged, lol.

Paywalled so I can't read it, but Robert Draper also wrote a sympathetic profile of the Bush administration that was released around the time that the economy was literally collapsing, so he seems to have a proclivity for humanizing garbage creatures at the worst possible times.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #544 on: May 03, 2023, 01:47:44 PM »

Sinema's message of being a bona fide moderate, trying to survive in a congress dominated by extremists, is catnip for traditional media like the NYT.
These are the same people who still can't seem to believe that Musk is a right-winger.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #545 on: May 03, 2023, 01:51:28 PM »

Sinema's message of being a bona fide moderate, trying to survive in a congress dominated by extremists, is catnip for traditional media like the NYT.
These are the same people who still can't seem to believe that Musk is a right-winger.

The most an annoying part of that mindset is their blatent ignorance over the fact that both sides aren't the same. They pretend Democrats are just as extreme on the left as Republicans are on the right. Although the objective facts tell otherwise.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #546 on: May 03, 2023, 01:54:07 PM »

The most an annoying part of that mindset is their blatent ignorance over the fact that both sides aren't the same. They pretend Democrats are just as extreme on the left as Republicans are on the right. Although the objective facts tell otherwise.

That's why the Republican whining about liberal media is so infuriatingly dishonest. If anything traditional media treated them with kid gloves for the last decades, and most of them still do even after Trump and 1/6.
JMT

« Reply #547 on: May 03, 2023, 03:45:15 PM »

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #548 on: May 03, 2023, 04:10:47 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2023, 04:20:58 PM by GALeftist »

YES!!!!!!! PATRIOTS IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Also, there's been a lot of discourse about whether Sinema will draw more from Gallego or R nominee voters. I think if Lake is the nominee it is very plausible, perhaps even probable, that Sinema ends up hurting her rather than Gallego.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #549 on: May 03, 2023, 05:20:14 PM »

I honestly still expected Trump to choose Lake as his VP, but I guess she wouldn't be running unless she was informed that it's not happening anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies