AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:44:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 43
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 53008 times)
Zedonathin2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2023, 08:37:32 AM »

Endorsed.

And with that, the Pennsylvania ‘22 of 2024 has officially begun.
JMT

« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2023, 08:39:34 AM »

Apparently Maricopa County Sheriff Paul Penzone is also considering a run:

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2023, 09:06:05 AM »

Whole-heartedly, enthusiastically endorsed.

edit: The merch game is INSANE

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2023, 09:39:57 AM »

So, we have Kari Lake probably jumping in, we have Stanton clearing the way for Gallego, and we have Gallego about to make his candidacy official.

Let me be the first to congratulate Senator-elect Gallego on his upcoming victory.

Sinema will end up probably getting less than 5% of the vote, receiving support only from a few Republican dead-enders who think that voting for Sinema triggers the libs or something.
She will almost certainly get over 5% of the vote. In 2016, even Green party activist Gary Swing got 5.5% in the senate race. Last year, Betsy Johnson got 8.6% without incumbency. Sinema is such a well known name, she likely gets at least 10% probably over 15%.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #379 on: January 23, 2023, 09:50:55 AM »

Great news, endorsed!

Seems like this clears the Dem field? Gallego is the favorite of the party apparatus and seems progressive enough for the faction to be accepted in a purple state like AZ.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2023, 09:51:15 AM »

So, we have Kari Lake probably jumping in, we have Stanton clearing the way for Gallego, and we have Gallego about to make his candidacy official.

Let me be the first to congratulate Senator-elect Gallego on his upcoming victory.

Sinema will end up probably getting less than 5% of the vote, receiving support only from a few Republican dead-enders who think that voting for Sinema triggers the libs or something.
She will almost certainly get over 5% of the vote. In 2016, even Green party activist Gary Swing got 5.5% in the senate race. Last year, Betsy Johnson got 8.6% without incumbency. Sinema is such a well known name, she likely gets at least 10% probably over 15%.

Not in a heavily federalized Senate race; 10% is prolly her ceiling. A lot of it will depend upon how she carves out her space though.

I wasn’t alive in 2016, but can anyone explain why Swing got such a high share; always confused me, especially since Kirkpatrick seemed fine.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2023, 09:52:01 AM »

15% is almost impossible. She might poll at that level, but that polling will dwindle the closer you get to November as polarization (plus a presidential election) kicks in. She gets 7% tops imo. If she runs.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2023, 10:01:30 AM »

Not in a heavily federalized Senate race; 10% is prolly her ceiling. A lot of it will depend upon how she carves out her space though.

I wasn’t alive in 2016, but can anyone explain why Swing got such a high share; always confused me, especially since Kirkpatrick seemed fine.
Although McCain was considered somewhat vulnerable during 2016 it was pretty clear by October that he was going to win. A large portion of the AZ Dems are activist liberals, and did not like Kirkpatrick's centrist brand (not too different with how they view Sinema) and found no reason to hold their noses and vote for her since McCain was on track to victory anyway. As a result, a decent amount of them voted Swing which is why Kirkpatrick got just 41%.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2023, 10:42:32 AM »

I wasn’t alive in 2016
, but can anyone explain why Swing got such a high share; always confused me, especially since Kirkpatrick seemed fine.

I knew what you meant, but this just made me feel very old...
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2023, 02:32:59 PM »

Biggest question in this race is whether Sinema is willing to dropout if she is still polling at around 10% in early 2024.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2023, 02:49:56 PM »

Will Gallego run unopposed in the primary? I think there's a good chance.

Hopefully Arizona elects a real Democrat this time. I bet the Republican base will help them by nominating another far-right lunatic. Maybe it doesn't matter too much whether Sinema sticks around them or not.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2023, 04:09:09 PM »

Biggest question in this race is whether Sinema is willing to dropout if she is still polling at around 10% in early 2024.

Her polling doesn’t matter, it’s if she stops getting air time.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2023, 05:20:11 PM »

Whole-heartedly, enthusiastically endorsed.

edit: The merch game is INSANE

Love it.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2023, 05:24:30 PM »

If true, this is terrible for the GOP. They can't afford to have Sinema siphoning this many votes away from them
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2023, 05:38:01 PM »

Let's go Gallego!!!
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #390 on: January 23, 2023, 05:45:39 PM »

Cmon Kate jump in you know you wanna
Spectator
United States

« Reply #391 on: January 23, 2023, 06:13:22 PM »

Apparently Maricopa County Sheriff Paul Penzone is also considering a run:

He’d make more sense for AZ-01
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #392 on: January 23, 2023, 06:43:03 PM »

If true, this is terrible for the GOP. They can't afford to have Sinema siphoning this many votes away from them
Sinema will probably siphon of the McCain people who might be registered "Republicans", but Rs don't need any of them to win in a plurality. They voted for Biden, Hobbs, and Kelly and by backing a third party if anything it opens the door for either Gallego or the R candidate to win this in a plurality. Now if the AZGOP nominates someone less MAGA like KTR or Ciscomani or whoever, they probably peel off enough McCainites to secure a win. Someone like Lake gives Sinema a perfect opening to point Gallego as the far-left, Lake as the far-right and run a serious campaign that targets moderate voters. At that point its basically a war of attrition between the Dem and R base and who has a higher plurality.

Yoda
United States

« Reply #393 on: January 23, 2023, 08:30:29 PM »

Her polling doesn’t matter, it’s if she stops getting air time.

I dunno, I read someone say that she's probably too vain to stay in if the defeat looks like it will be by a humiliating margin, and I found myself agreeing with that take. She's so self-important that such a loss would shatter her "image."
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2023, 08:51:14 PM »

Sinema will probably siphon of the McCain people who might be registered "Republicans", but Rs don't need any of them to win in a plurality. They voted for Biden, Hobbs, and Kelly and by backing a third party if anything it opens the door for either Gallego or the R candidate to win this in a plurality. Now if the AZGOP nominates someone less MAGA like KTR or Ciscomani or whoever, they probably peel off enough McCainites to secure a win. Someone like Lake gives Sinema a perfect opening to point Gallego as the far-left, Lake as the far-right and run a serious campaign that targets moderate voters. At that point its basically a war of attrition between the Dem and R base and who has a higher plurality.

Ig it really depends upon how she defines herself in the Senate race (assuming she stays in till the end), specifically in determining what share of the vote she actually ends up with and who she takes more from.

Firstly, vote share will depend upon if she's actively on the airwaves as much as her 2 opponents and can actually define a corner for herself. She sorta has to convince the public she's viable because if people believe she has no shot, they'll revert to partisan corners in fear of "wasting their vote"

Sinema seems to change quite a lot, and while at face value I'd agree the Romney/McCain-Biden/Kelly types would be at the biggest risk, it really depends on Sinema who is very unpredictable.

For this reason, I'm calling this race a tossup cause there's so much uncertainty, and this is the type of situation where they'll be uncertainty till the end.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #395 on: January 23, 2023, 10:31:28 PM »

Just found this which is quite interesting. Basically a lot of mayors around greater Pheonix saying positive things of Sinema. Most seem to represent swingy to red leaning outer suburbs and exurbs, and if I had to guess, prolly a mix of people who usually vote R except during 2020/2022 and mayors who held their nose and voted for Masters/Lake reluctantly.

Now just because they said nice things doesn't necessarily mean they will end up supporting or endorsing her formally, but still interesting and def goes along with your general theory.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2023, 01:25:30 AM »

Doing whatever I can to help Gallego. Terrified that Sinema will siphon off too many votes for give Lake (or some other nut) a plurality win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2023, 07:59:26 AM »

Doing whatever I can to help Gallego. Terrified that Sinema will siphon off too many votes for give Lake (or some other nut) a plurality win.

LoL it's 2 yrs toll Eday we don't have to start donating till Jan to June of 24 don't waste money untill Biden is exhonerated on the Documents not saying he is gonna lose but I donated to Strickland, Ryan, Bullock, Boiler and Joe Kennedy the yr prior and they all lost, because I donated to Bernie a yr prior till Eday

I will donate to Gallego but not now , we have to wait for FBI the one that exhonerated Hillary not D commentary's
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2023, 01:27:44 PM »

Curious how much Gallego raised 1st day, has got to be quite a bit.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2023, 04:40:25 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2023, 04:44:34 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Curious how much Gallego raised 1st day, has got to be quite a bit.

LoL it's Jan 23 not 24 we have a long way I prematurely donated to Bullock, Joe Kennedy, Strickland and Ryan a yr prior and they all lost, remember Boiler of KS Sen, why because if Biden is on the margin of 50/47 it's very hard to win red states and its likely without an Impeachment a 51/47 Eday a 303 map but with Harris and Gilchrist it's still will be a 51/47 after Impeachment to knock Biden out of nominated, he doesn't have to be convicted, he just have to be impeached, and it's highly likely an impeachment inquiry will happen late this yr
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies