AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:47:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 53009 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 20, 2023, 09:57:15 AM »

If Gallego doesn't have any other serious competition, will be another gliding primary for Dems which will be helpful. Honestly at this rate, can't really see more than 5-10% of Dems defecting to Sinema with Gallego as the choice, if that.

Seems like rank and file Dems are already lining up behind him, at least behind closed doors. Expecting an announcement in the coming months.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #351 on: January 20, 2023, 11:37:30 AM »

Expect Gallego to announce in the coming days:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna66610
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #352 on: January 20, 2023, 02:06:09 PM »

I really hope Kate Gallego also jumps in cause I think it would be hilarious to have divorcees airing out their divorce in a national focus campaign
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #353 on: January 20, 2023, 02:51:51 PM »

So, we have Kari Lake probably jumping in, we have Stanton clearing the way for Gallego, and we have Gallego about to make his candidacy official.

Let me be the first to congratulate Senator-elect Gallego on his upcoming victory.

Sinema will end up probably getting less than 5% of the vote, receiving support only from a few Republican dead-enders who think that voting for Sinema triggers the libs or something.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #354 on: January 20, 2023, 02:55:38 PM »

Honestly,
I don't want to do some wish talking but I wouldn't be surprised if Sinema self sabotages herself like "oh I didn't get the number of signatures needed!"

It's going to mirror the presidential election I guess
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #355 on: January 20, 2023, 04:26:13 PM »

Honestly,
I don't want to do some wish talking but I wouldn't be surprised if Sinema self sabotages herself like "oh I didn't get the number of signatures needed!"

I see you don't believe in blue waves the RS  need AZ, OH, MT, WV,  either VA or WI or PA to crack the blue blue wall they can win but the Trump insurrection is a problem they aren't gonna win 3/5 Senate seats in 3.5 percent unemployment they couldn't win one in 22

Were gonna win AZ with Gallego or Sinema
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #356 on: January 20, 2023, 04:53:47 PM »

Honestly,

I don't think "sabotage" is even necessary. 42k signatures from Indies only with approximately no one willing to volunteer is a really high bar. A lot of people don't know what party they're registered with so you'll get a lot of false positives so you need WAY WAY more than 42k signatures.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2023, 08:39:12 PM »

Honestly,

I don't think "sabotage" is even necessary. 42k signatures from Indies only with approximately no one willing to volunteer is a really high bar. A lot of people don't know what party they're registered with so you'll get a lot of false positives so you need WAY WAY more than 42k signatures.
There will be nearly 900k registered independents in Maricopa county alone, around 1.4M statewide, I think she can get the numbers she needs.
JMT

« Reply #358 on: January 21, 2023, 04:25:50 AM »

It may not be, but a possible upcoming Senate run announcement?

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #359 on: January 21, 2023, 12:42:34 PM »

Mods - at this point, shouldn't this thread should be renamed to reflect the fact that Sinema is now a minor bit player, polling in the low teens? If Sinema is already polling that low, she will almost certainly end up with less than 10% of votes unless something drastically changes, since 3rd party minor candidates basically always under-perform polls. She is more likely to end up with less than 5% than to become an actual relevant candidate at this point. So the thread title should refer to the actual candidates, apparently Gallego and Lake, not the forgotten footnote in history.

Maybe "GalleGoes to the Lake" or something
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2023, 12:47:52 PM »

She better not run for the Senate!
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2023, 12:51:23 PM »

If we rename it I have ideas;

The Great Salty Lake 2; Washington Boogaloo
Gallegoes (back) to Washington
Three’s a crowd for politics
Not the lake Arizona needs, but the Lake it deserves
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2023, 01:13:19 PM »

I didn't realize Sinema had to collect signatures to run as an independent.  While I think she could easily collect that number, I don't see an incumbent being interested in that process, especially since the polls are showing she doesn't have much of a chance of winning.

She's probably already looking for her new job at Davos.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2023, 04:37:14 PM »

I didn't realize Sinema had to collect signatures to run as an independent.  While I think she could easily collect that number, I don't see an incumbent being interested in that process, especially since the polls are showing she doesn't have much of a chance of winning.

She's probably already looking for her new job at Davos.
I mean we assume she can, but signature gathering is the work of volunteers and she has basically none.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2023, 05:12:25 PM »

But she just started her term as Governor /s
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #365 on: January 22, 2023, 07:31:16 PM »

When was the last time a candidate who lost a statewide general election made a successful statewide run immediately the following cycle? Particularly failed gubernatorial candidates?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: January 22, 2023, 07:50:15 PM »

When was the last time a candidate who lost a statewide general election made a successful statewide run immediately the following cycle? Particularly failed gubernatorial candidates?

The RS are counting on split voting and we don't know whats gonna happen with this document scandal
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #367 on: January 22, 2023, 08:07:18 PM »

The only one in recent memory I can think of off the top of my head was Claire McCaskill, who lost a gubernatorial election in 2004 before winning a US Senate election in 2006.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #368 on: January 22, 2023, 08:54:57 PM »

Rosendale lost his senate race against Tester in 2018 but won MT-AL in the next cycle.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #369 on: January 22, 2023, 08:57:34 PM »

Rosendale lost his senate race against Tester in 2018 but won MT-AL in the next cycle.

This reminds me...Greg Gianforte lost the 2016 gubernatorial election before winning a special US House election the following year.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: January 22, 2023, 09:42:47 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2023, 09:46:11 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Why are we so worried about races two yrs prior til Eday we should wait til Jan 24, just like users say oh Biden must be exhonerated because D's say so not what FBI says because it's not comparable to Trump Larry Craig committed a Misdemeanor and Hillary Clinton it's called gross negligence and Trump committed a felony

We just have to wait for the FBI on Biden and wait til Gallego jumps in and Feinstein retires, users are so in a rush and the economy still sux rents are 900 instead of 500 and 4 not 2 for gas and Student loan payments will resume in Aug, D's are better than Rs but both parties are corrupted

Cam there be a red wave yes but are the D's still fav yes but RS control the H not D's they have the bully pulpit now, whomever controls the H controls the bully pulpit and Biden blew it on these documents scandal the billy pulpit to Rs
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #371 on: January 22, 2023, 11:55:01 PM »

What's her NFT collection gonna be like? Any predictions? I'm thinking "Kari Lake as Governor" will be the most valuable one, because it's never ever gonna happen in real life.
JMT

« Reply #372 on: January 23, 2023, 08:06:17 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2023, 08:11:04 AM by JMT »

Endorsed.

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #373 on: January 23, 2023, 08:14:09 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution