Which results were you the most happiest and saddest by
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:38:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which results were you the most happiest and saddest by
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Which results were you the most happiest and saddest by  (Read 2173 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2022, 06:59:12 PM »
« edited: November 15, 2022, 07:32:28 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

When it comes to gubernatorial and Senate results I was pretty satisfied with everything that happened, within reason; especially Cortez Masto, Evers, and Hobbs all winning who I wrote off even with my most optimistic predictions. Yeah, maybe Sisolak would be preferable to Lombardo but I could have taken it or left it. Also I never bought into Hofmeister being able to upset Stitt, so I can't call that a disappointment, though that certainly would have been glorious. It does of course suck that Barnes came so close to getting us that 52nd seat only to still lose to Johnson, but it was kind of a moral victory in some ways too. Johnson evidently isn't some sort of unbeatable titan after all.

My biggest disappointment of the year actually, somewhat related to state elections, involved the mayoral race in my town. A guy I went to middle school with who was an arrogant, pompous bully who I hated is now my town's new Republican Mayor and won in something close to a landslide (won by over 1,000 votes out of 9,000 cast).

Now, our Mayor is fairly powerless and is more of a tie-breaker in council votes more than anything (though Republicans have a super-majority on the council), but I just hate the idea of this guy's ego being inflated and being able to strut around and call himself the Mayor. He's ambitious too. He already ran for the state legislature in 2019 and lost, but now that he has a more prominent position I could definitely see him running for a county position or even Lieutenant Governor/Governor at some point in the future. I hope it never comes to that and I hope he ends up unpopular and being blamed for every minor problem in the town like our current Mayor is. God help him if property taxes increase under his tenure. Maybe he'll regret being in the role then.

Yeah, I know, I'm being petty. But I would actually be taking this much worse if nearly every other election I cared about in the country didn't go as surprisingly well as they did. So I can live with this, as irritating as it's going to be for the next four years.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2022, 07:22:50 PM »

Happiest: The most prominent election deniers all losing.

Saddest: Russian asset Ron Johnson got away again.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2022, 09:42:42 AM »

Happiest: Tony Evers
Saddest: Ron Johnson
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2022, 10:37:18 AM »

Happiest: Anything that happened in PA and AZ