Which results were you the most happiest and saddest by
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:47:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which results were you the most happiest and saddest by
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Which results were you the most happiest and saddest by  (Read 2170 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2022, 07:35:28 PM »

For me :

Happiest : DeSantis in Florida

Saddest : Kotek in Oregon
Adem 45
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 08:07:56 PM »

Happiest: Abbott getting over 90% in nearly 40 counties.

Saddest: Not winning the Senate. (IDK what's happening in NV and AZ or what's gunna happen in GA)
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 08:30:27 PM »

Happiest: Dems flipping the state legislatures in MI, PA, and MN.

Saddest: NY costing Democrats the House. (On a state-wide level, the gerrymander in WI holding.)
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 08:32:38 PM »

Happiest: The DeSantis-slide

Saddest (by far): GOP losing the IL Supreme Court
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 09:47:57 PM »

Happiest: Arizona (Lake seems to be on track to win)

Saddest: Tim Michels, that caught me way off guard.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 09:54:35 PM »

Happiest: Fetterman winning, Shapiro winning by huge margins, and the PA Dems flipping the state House. I'm very happy with the results across the Upper Midwest/Rust Belt in general.

Saddest: Beto and Abrams both losing by as much as they did, Hofmeister not pulling off the upset in Oklahoma, and the sheer number of House seats lost in New York and Florida.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 10:00:51 PM »

Happiest: Mastriano losing
Saddest: Jim Merchant in the lead
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 10:12:51 PM »

Happiest: Kentucky (Elliott County included!) voting to reject anti-choice extremism, keeping hope alive that legal challenges will strike down our abortion ban.

Saddest: Lake if she wins in AZ (because otherwise most or all of the major swing states will not be governed by election deniers in 2024), if not Tim Ryan. Not surprised he lost but a tiny part of me kept hope alive he could pull off a miracle.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 10:43:40 PM »

Happiest: Kentucky (Elliott County included!) voting to reject anti-choice extremism, keeping hope alive that legal challenges will strike down our abortion ban.

Saddest: Lake if she wins in AZ (because otherwise most or all of the major swing states will not be governed by election deniers in 2024), if not Tim Ryan. Not surprised he lost but a tiny part of me kept hope alive he could pull off a miracle.

Lake probably won't be nearly as dangerous if Finchem doesn't make it. He's generally running far behind, roughly even with Masters.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 10:45:32 PM »

Happiest: Alabama enshrining a complete ban on forced slavery.

Saddest: Kari Lake’s inevitable victory
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2022, 11:00:45 PM »

These people are rich nothing is sad
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 11:01:07 PM »

Lake probably won't be nearly as dangerous if Finchem doesn't make it. He's generally running far behind, roughly even with Masters.

Even if Finchem somehow wins, Wisconsin has a Democrat Governor (SOS doesn't do elections) MI, PA, etc. all have Democrat SoS
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 11:06:02 PM »

Happiest: DeSantis crushing it in Florida. That's how we get rid of the orange piece of s**t forever.

Saddest: I was hoping Drazan could pull it out. Oregon gets what they deserve.

Bittersweet: Would have been nice to have Governor Zeldin, but his defeat wasn't for nothing. It's kind of a miracle that Republicans nearly ran the table with competitive House races in NY.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 11:13:39 PM »

Happiest- I guess Florida.  Yesterday morning, I thought I was being kind of ridiculous when I said there was an outside chance DeSantis could flip Palm Beach or Osceola.  He flipped both.  And, equally importantly, this landslide wasn't confined to DeSantis, as Rubio got similar numbers.

Saddest- The abortion referendums is the obvious answer.  Kentucky stings especially badly because I felt like that was one we should have won.  Ironically, that's the one that might not mean anything because it failing doesn't make the Constitution say that there IS a right to abortion in Kentucky.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 11:34:28 PM »

Happiest: How about just PA in general? Democrats won both major statewide races, defended all their U.S. house seats, and may have picked up the state lower house for the first time in over a decade. Especially in a mid-term year, I think calling this a good result would be an understatement

Saddest: I'm sure there were worse losses but I think WI Senate is going to be the what-if of this cycle for me for a long time
AnOdyssey
Rookie

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 12:27:04 AM »

Happiest: Fetterman winning. Evers, Whitmer, and Shapiro won. All three ballot measures in Michigan passing + the Dems taking back everything as they should in the state. Bonus for Whitmer and Shapiro blowing out Dixon and Mastriano. Biggest possibly Boebert going to lose, and Republicans on here and in general coping and seething big time.

Saddest: Mandela Barnes and Tim Ryan not winning is the big sad for me.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 01:27:12 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2022, 01:35:42 AM by CentristRepublican »

Happiest: Dems flipping the state legislatures in MI, PA, and MN.

Saddest: NY costing Democrats the House. (On a state-wide level, the gerrymander in WI holding.)

They what?

I only knew that the MN Senate flipped blue, finally giving the Democrats a trifecta there...
But I didn't know about MI or PA. A welcome development! Though I suppose it's hardly a surprise at all, given just how well Whitmer (and especially Shapiro) did. MI also has a fair independent commission that apparently drew very reasonable state legislative maps (I know their congressional maps were very reasonable), and as for PA, I suppose the Repubs in the legislature couldn't gerrymander their way into a permanent majority (the way the WIGOP appears to have done) with Gov. Wolf standing in the way.

EDIT: With the MI Legislature having flipped, this is the first time Democrats have won both houses in forty years! I'm pretty surprised they didn't manage it in 2006 or 2008 though tbh.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2022, 01:47:44 AM »

Oregon keeping up its streak of always electing Democratic governors by narrow margins. I was pretty happy not because I'm a big fan of Kotek but because Drazan would be horrible on the one issue Kate Brown has really delivered on (criminal justice) and Kotek won't appoint anti union officials. She'll at least try and put Oregon in a better place that doesn't involve inhumane crackdowns and tough sentencing and sucking up to business interests.

Saddest: I was hoping Drazan could pull it out. Oregon gets what they deserve.
So actually setting a bit of example for the rest of the country by implementing very moderately progressive policies and prioritizing peoples lives and well-being over the police state and profit-seeking? Don't listen to the media.

I'm disappointed Mandela Barnes didn't win in Wisconsin especially seeing how close it turned out to be.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2022, 01:55:17 AM »

Happiest: John Fetterman in Pennsylvania. What an absolutely delicious win over all the media pundits and ableists harrassing him over his stroke.
Saddest: Still unclear. Would rank the possible scenarios as: If Lake wins in Arizona, definitely that. If Hobbs pulls it out, then Mandela Barnes just missing.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2022, 01:57:52 AM »

Happiest - Shapiro/Fetterman
Saddest - Lake
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2022, 02:06:14 AM »

I will include a local and national results for both
Happiest:
Meija obliterating Koretz and Fetterman winning.
Saddest:
Kari Lake likely winning and Caruso preforming strong and currently leading (though hes likely to lose once the remaining ballots come in.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2022, 02:15:50 AM »

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Happiest: all 3 D Senate candidates endorsed in my sig winning or being favored to win despite a bad midterm and unfavorable polling for all, plus demographic trends working against 2 of them

Saddest: both D House candidates endorsed in my sig underperforming thus far given the okay-to-good Dem performance in states that don't take a long ass time to count ballots

Also FL-GOV/SEN (despite the 2024 implications and me liking Rubio) and WI-SEN after seeing how unexpectedly close it was. NY/NYC results weren't that shocking given Cuomogate.
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2022, 05:35:17 AM »

Happiest: DeSantis landslide, and the MI and KY abortion measures. The first would help GOP divorce with Trump, and the second would help GOP realize abortion is popular and ban abortion is a losing issue.

Saddest: Did not flip Senate (as of right now).
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2022, 05:56:28 AM »

Happiest:

1) DuPage County voting clearly for the Democrats with the exception of some close very local races.

2) Fetterman winning.

3) Colorado becoming a clear Democratic strong hold.

Sad?

Nothing really to sad.. as I expected a largely Republican night.

But I think people like Johnson and Budd would not have won if Trump was President.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2022, 08:07:07 AM »

Happiest:
Fetterman winning decisively. Several states gained trifectas. The general overperformance of expectations across most states.

Saddest:
The NE GOP have apparently won a supermajority in the Unicameral. I think a functional net gain of 2 (the seat of John McCollister, a Republican who has functionally been a Democrat the last several years) has apparently been won by a Republican. Bad things are probably going to happen.

Same can be said for several other states (FL, TX, IA, etc.) where Republicans are going to be more emboldened than ever to be utterly awful to their favorite minority political punching bags.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies