Should Democrats triage Florida? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:03:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Should Democrats triage Florida? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes (D/D-leaning)

No (D/D-leaning)

Yes (R/R-leaning)

No (R/R-leaning)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Should Democrats triage Florida?  (Read 3069 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: November 10, 2022, 09:05:42 AM »

On the statewide level? Absolutely. We're not getting a governor or senator or electoral vote there anytime soon.

But I think they can keep trying in congressional races.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 01:55:32 AM »

On the statewide level? Absolutely. We're not getting a governor or senator or electoral vote there anytime soon.

But I think they can keep trying in congressional races.

This - my own thoughts exactly - and not just now - this point was evident after 2018 (particularly FL-SEN 2018). Now it’s perfectly clear that any dollar spent on a statewide race in FL is a dollar wasted, a dollar much better spent (and let the record show that I was always against the Democrats/DSCC dropping a cent for Demings this year - knew it was a pointless exercise and that that it was Safe R).

Honestly, there’s just one point I slightly disagree with Ferguson: FL may still be winnable presidentially, but it’s much more likely to go red, even if we spend a lot of money there. BUT - and here I agree with him, there’s no point spending money in FL or campaigning there - it’s not worth it: 2020 showed a path to victory without FL, and it’s only really the GOP that needs FL to win, not us (similar to TX in that regard).

Yeah, if Democrats are winning Florida, we're already at 300+ electoral votes and it doesn't matter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies