Which country would you rather live in?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:03:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Which country would you rather live in?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
United States

Brazil

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Which country would you rather live in?  (Read 920 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2022, 05:33:54 PM »

Personally, if I could, I would move to Brazil. They're about to have a peaceful transfer of power, and as Brazil expands peoples' rights, the US is taking them away. Additionally, they have universal health care, as well as a system where the death of an 87-year-old cancer survivor doesn't mean the end of all human rights. How about you guys?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 08:53:37 PM »

i would never live anywhere but america

if america no longer existed i would TAKE ACTION and assume the Victory Position to immediately move to the 51st state
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 09:47:18 PM »

Personally, if I could, I would move to Brazil. They're about to have a peaceful transfer of power, and as Brazil expands peoples' rights, the US is taking them away. Additionally, they have universal health care, as well as a system where the death of an 87-year-old cancer survivor doesn't mean the end of all human rights. How about you guys?

You really haven't been following what's going on there, have you
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 10:39:11 PM »

Brazil is like America but worse.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 10:41:45 PM »

This, but the opposite.  Wink + Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 06:27:05 AM »

oh, America is like Brazil but better.  Yeah, that works too.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 08:43:10 AM »

Personal - Brazil
Business - USA
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 09:50:27 AM »

F**king move then. You are unbelievably annoying. Stop whining incessantly and DO SOMETHING!
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2022, 10:05:23 AM »

You really haven't been following what's going on there, have you

Given the poster, is that a surprise?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2022, 10:21:46 AM »

My boyfriend wants me to live in Mexico with him eventually. I would probably only live in the United States.

I am not interested in living in Europe.

But Mexico is certainly not a bad country and would prefer Mexico to Brazil. But that is likely not happening.

Brazil would also present a language barrier, especially in spoken form.

Which country would you rather live in? USA or [insert country here].. it will virtually always be the US for me.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 10:30:50 AM »

Soon many westerners will be moving to BRICS countries after the downfall of the dollar. It’s either getting poorer or scapegoating to a nuclear war for them, which makes it understandable.

Considering Russia and China might be too authoritarian governments and India too culturally distant, Brazil becomes the more attractive option. South America also is more geographically isolated from the world, which makes it more distant and safer from the US-Russia Nuclear axis if something ever breaks down between these two.

If Argentina was in a better economic situation, I would consider moving it there as they can just take a boat to Antarctica just in case. So Brazil really is best option in the meantime, but we still need to make Argentina stabilize economically.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2022, 07:32:17 PM »

The U.S., for the time being.

This doesn't mean it could change.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2022, 07:52:46 PM »

America sucks, but one good thing about it is nobody prevents you from leaving - not even during COVID, when some so-called "free" countries (e.g., Australia) locked their citizens in a cage.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2022, 08:44:14 PM »

America sucks, but one good thing about it is nobody prevents you from leaving - not even during COVID, when some so-called "free" countries (e.g., Australia) locked their citizens in a cage.
Canada still forbids unvaccinated Canadian citizens from leaving Canada.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2022, 09:06:21 PM »

The US, but...um...are you even the slightest bit familiar with Brazilian politics?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 07:50:51 PM »

Usa because I'm not 20 anymore and moving is pricey.   Gimme a millionaire's account and I probably would say Brazil.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2022, 11:37:12 PM »

Soon many westerners will be moving to BRICS countries after the downfall of the dollar. It’s either getting poorer or scapegoating to a nuclear war for them, which makes it understandable.

Considering Russia and China might be too authoritarian governments and India too culturally distant, Brazil becomes the more attractive option. South America also is more geographically isolated from the world, which makes it more distant and safer from the US-Russia Nuclear axis if something ever breaks down between these two.

If Argentina was in a better economic situation, I would consider moving it there as they can just take a boat to Antarctica just in case. So Brazil really is best option in the meantime, but we still need to make Argentina stabilize economically.

The dollar is at record strength and one of the BRICS is engaged in a dumb war the wiped out much of their economy. The Renminbi is down 12% against the dollar since February 25, 2022.

All I can say is LOL.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2022, 07:59:50 AM »

Honestly, I would be up for living in either, at least for a couple of years.

As a middle class professional - especially with a foreign citizenship - you would have the enormous privilege of being insulated to the political or social situations of either, and it would be a life experience, and there is more to the world than judging every country through the prysm of what its politics are like.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 11:17:31 AM »

Canada still forbids unvaccinated Canadian citizens from leaving Canada.

I know that at one point (and maybe still now) you needed to be vaccinated to travel domestically in Canada. I wish we could have done that here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies