If the Senate ends up 50-50 again, will the DEMS still be able to get things done?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:17:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If the Senate ends up 50-50 again, will the DEMS still be able to get things done?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If the Senate ends up 50-50 again, will the DEMS still be able to get things done?  (Read 314 times)
iceman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2022, 09:10:57 AM »

Assuming they lost the house (which is almost certain at this point) but still managed to hold on to the senate, will the DEMS still be able to get things done on the hill before 2024?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 09:11:30 AM »

Judges.
ibagli
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 09:12:16 AM »

Without the House, the stuff they had the most trouble getting done won't be on the table at all, so they'll actually be more effective.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 07:33:55 PM »

If it's 50-50 Rosen probably loses and Fetterman wins. So hopefully Biden can confirm as many judges as possible before the Senate is lost in 2024 for the foreseeable future.

Many they work out a logical yet insignificant/minor bipartisan bill if the GOP's gains in the House aren't extreme, but I highly doubt that — especially if Biden is running for reelection.
iceman
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 08:00:18 PM »

If it's 50-50 Rosen probably loses and Fetterman wins. So hopefully Biden can confirm as many judges as possible before the Senate is lost in 2024 for the foreseeable future.

Many they work out a logical yet insignificant/minor bipartisan bill if the GOP's gains in the House aren't extreme, but I highly doubt that — especially if Biden is running for reelection.

you do mean Cortez-Masto?

I do suspect some red state democrats will move sharply to the center as we near to 2024, that’s why i think some of the biden-backed legislative agenda will not pushed forward easily.

And I also reckon the squad would tone down their rhetoric once the DEMS are relegated to the minority.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 08:03:10 PM »

you do mean Cortez-Masto?

I do suspect some red state democrats will move sharply to the center as we near to 2024, that’s why i think some of the biden-backed legislative agenda will not pushed forward easily.

And I also reckon the squad would tone down their rhetoric once the DEMS are relegated to the minority.

Yeah my mistake, meant her.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies