GA-Echelon Insights: Walker + 4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:55:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  GA-Echelon Insights: Walker + 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GA-Echelon Insights: Walker + 4  (Read 1151 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2022, 12:13:30 PM »

Local political reporter & data guy has thoughts on this poll:

soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2022, 12:16:45 PM »

Does that fit your feeling of what’s happening on the ground, GM? I’m not sure what to make of the black vote percentage in early voting if the split will be so pronounced.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2022, 12:17:32 PM »

Local political reporter & data guy has thoughts on this poll:

I am fairly certain this will go to a runoff. Many voters in GA likely want to choose NOTA. Too bad they don't live in Nevada.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2022, 12:19:27 PM »

I think it's becoming more likely Walker could win 50% outright next week, although at this point it's quite possible Republicans win the Senate without this seat.

It was always possible/fairly likely that Republicans could win the Senate without GA.

But yes, one NH poll away from changing my 52R-48D prediction to 54R-46D.

One state poll flips two Senate seats in your prediction?

Not really, but the strong R national trend is undeniable — spending decisions in the House are the clearest indicator here and they suggest we’re in wave territory. Besides, Saint Anselm was the most accurate NH pollster in 2020, so their Bolduc +1 poll is probably the single worst result for Democrats this cycle (NH would not be competitive in a neutral year, even with Hassan's unpopularity).

There are other signs (Johnson routinely leading in WI polling in spite of non-response bias, Laxalt's strength in a state that tends to vote roughly in line with the national popular vote, FL/NV early voting data, etc.), which combined paint a fairly clear picture (at least to me) of what type of night we’re headed for.

It's becoming increasingly obvious to me that this is the case as well - that we are in for a solid Republican wave. So much for the talk about us being in a "neutral environment" and the hope that Roe would stop the wave in it's tracks. Undecided voters are breaking towards Republicans, and they are doing so quite heavily, at the worst possible time for the Democrats. I still think Georgia will go to a runoff, but it's clear that Walker was not put out of commission by his abortion scandals.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2022, 12:27:00 PM »

Does that fit your feeling of what’s happening on the ground, GM? I’m not sure what to make of the black vote percentage in early voting if the split will be so pronounced.

It's hard to say.  I'm not involved in retail politics in the way some of other Georgia members are.  Stephen Fowler is a good reporter, though, so I'm inclined to take his evaluations at face value.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies