NY CITIZENS UNITED GOV HOCHUL+1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:36:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NY CITIZENS UNITED GOV HOCHUL+1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NY CITIZENS UNITED GOV HOCHUL+1  (Read 1146 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2022, 05:49:44 PM »

I'm getting weird Youngkin/McAuliffe vibes from this race now. Probably nothing but will have to watch on election day.

Luckily NY is much, much more Democratic than Virginia. But there’s no doubt that Hochul is running a horrible campaign and Democrats have dramatically overreached when it comes to crime and covid restrictions.

So you think Eric Adams would have won this race by much more then?
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2022, 06:02:37 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2022, 06:20:50 PM »

I'm getting weird Youngkin/McAuliffe vibes from this race now. Probably nothing but will have to watch on election day.

Luckily NY is much, much more Democratic than Virginia. But there’s no doubt that Hochul is running a horrible campaign and Democrats have dramatically overreached when it comes to crime and covid restrictions.

Nah, Adams is a joke at this point.

Democrats have two problems.

One, they are not running a campaign. I see Zedlin ads constantly, and they are pretty good (fear-mongering about crime, but also presenting him as a moderate and humanizing him by including his children). I only just saw my first Hochul ad yesterday, and it was basically the “Trump is bad message” that reeks of desperation. Hochul and NY Democrats have absurd amounts of money so there’s really no excuse for this.

Two, basically everything in the state is worse than 4 years ago. Democrats got their supermajority and used it to shut down public schools, pass a lot of activist nonsense, and do corruption. There is not really an affirmative case to be made for 4 more years. On the issues that people actually care about, they are silent. Meanwhile Hochul today mused about putting schoolchildren back in masks.

I am still voting straight ticket D because I’m not a sicko, but it’s hard to really advocate for more of this.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2022, 06:23:17 PM »

One, they are not running a campaign. I see Zedlin ads constantly, and they are pretty good (fear-mongering about crime, but also presenting him as a moderate and humanizing him by including his children). I only just saw my first Hochul ad yesterday, and it was basically the “Trump is bad message” that reeks of desperation. Hochul and NY Democrats have absurd amounts of money so there’s really no excuse for this.

Two, basically everything in the state is worse than 4 years ago. Democrats got their supermajority and used it to shut down public schools, pass a lot of activist nonsense, and do corruption. There is not really an affirmative case to be made for 4 more years. On the issues that people actually care about, they are silent. Meanwhile Hochul today mused about putting schoolchildren back in masks.

I am still voting straight ticket D because I’m not a sicko, but it’s hard to really advocate for more of this.

OK but Adams is more moderate on crime and COVID restrictions, and obviously did very well with the non-white vote. Seems from an outside perspective at least like he checks all the boxes you claimed were missing for Hochul. What makes him a "joke?"
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2022, 07:03:34 PM »

Voters such as yourself are the reason why Hochul will win again. What incentive is she and Democrats going to have to moderate at all?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2022, 07:08:40 PM »

Voters such as yourself are the reason why Hochul will win again. What incentive is she and Democrats going to have to moderate at all?

Hochul is a moderate. Where is this insane alternative universe where she's some insane progressive? Meanwhile, Zeldin is out of his damn mind. Naturally all the GOP can do here is yell "crime!" when crime is actually down in New York.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2022, 07:12:03 PM »

No, the reason she’ll win again is because the other option is a far-right party full of anti-democracy lunatics. Why am I going to vote for a guy who is enthusiastically campaigning with DeSantis and supported ending American democracy in January 2021? Is he going to try to throw out NY’s electoral votes in 2024 if he’s governor? The NY GOP could have easily nominated a Phil Scott or a Charlie Baker. They did not. What incentive do they have to moderate if I give them my vote?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2022, 07:20:50 PM »

No, the reason she’ll win again is because the other option is a far-right party full of anti-democracy lunatics. Why am I going to vote for a guy who is enthusiastically campaigning with DeSantis and supported ending American democracy in January 2021? Is he going to try to throw out NY’s electoral votes in 2024 if he’s governor? The NY GOP could have easily nominated a Phil Scott or a Charlie Baker. They did not. What incentive do they have to moderate if I give them my vote?

Cathrina will just say that Zeldin is actually a "good" candidate and Hochul is much, much worse.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2022, 07:26:15 PM »

Hochul is a moderate. Where is this insane alternative universe where she's some insane progressive? Meanwhile, Zeldin is out of his damn mind. Naturally all the GOP can do here is yell "crime!" when crime is actually down in New York.

Is she really? She's been catering to the progressive or "AOC" wing of the Democratic Party since succeeding Cuomo, and has been governing in a manner similar to him. And it is not just crime that is fueling Zeldin's performance. As I said, there is a substantial number of normally Democratic voters in New York who are upset about the situation in New York City and are breaking for Zeldin because of their concerns over that situation. Zeldin would not be polling so closely to Hochul if he weren't getting some Democratic support.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2022, 07:27:24 PM »

Cathrina will just say that Zeldin is actually a "good" candidate and Hochul is much, much worse.

You would say the opposite. Even if Zeldin were Charlie Baker 2.0, you would still be supporting Hochul.  But at any rate, when New York is in trouble four years from now, I don't want to hear any complaints. The voters will get what they vote for.
Duke of York

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2022, 07:43:48 PM »

Why should my state vote for someone who is totally out of touch with our states values? I will not be voting for another Republican for a long time.

Even you think she will win again?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2022, 07:55:48 PM »

Why should my state vote for someone who is totally out of touch with our states values? I will not be voting for another Republican for a long time.

Even you think she will win again?

Yes, but as I said, if her term is a failure and New York regresses even further, the voters have no cause to complain.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2022, 08:47:41 PM »

these polls are awful. some of these pollsters need to use their common sense and realize when their polls are obviously flawed.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies