TX-GOV: University of Texas/Tyler: Abbott + 3 (RV) + 6 (LV)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:39:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  TX-GOV: University of Texas/Tyler: Abbott + 3 (RV) + 6 (LV)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-GOV: University of Texas/Tyler: Abbott + 3 (RV) + 6 (LV)  (Read 546 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2022, 08:30:33 AM »
« edited: October 30, 2022, 08:36:20 AM by 2016 »

Abbott 50
O'Rourke 44

This is very bad for Beto with Early Voting already underway and Governor Abbott at 50 %

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/local/texas/state-bureau/2022/10/30/ut-tyler-poll-abbott-leading-orourke-by-6-points-among-likely-voters/69601154007/

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 10:06:54 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised to see a final margin in that range (3%-6%).  Hearing from a couple of colleagues in Texas that the schools sending home DNA kits to potentially identify kids has REALLY upset some people.  And yes, I know the kits weren't specifically a response to the Uvalde school shooting, but the two are undoubtedly linked in some voters' minds.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 10:07:56 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised to see a final margin in that range (3%-6%).  Hearing from a couple of colleagues in Texas that the schools sending home DNA kits to potentially identify kids has REALLY upset some people.  And yes, I know the kits weren't specifically a response to the Uvalde school shooting, but the two are undoubtedly linked in some voters' minds.

This is just the beginning.

In 2024, I'd bet Biden will contest Texas (even if he has to pull out a few weeks before), but will not contest Florida.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 10:35:29 AM »

In 2024, I'd bet Biden will contest Texas (even if he has to pull out a few weeks before), but will not contest Florida.
Good Luck to the Democrats to win Texas Hispanics back when they attacked every Latino Voter who votes Republican as Racist. Even Bicen has done so numerous times.

Those Hispanics who will vote in the Rio Grande Valley and elect Republicans to Congress this year will never come back.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 10:38:17 AM »

Good Luck to the Democrats to win Texas Hispanics back when they attacked every Latino Voter who votes Republican as Racist. Even Bicen has done so numerous times.

Those Hispanics who will vote in the Rio Grande Valley and elect Republicans to Congress this year will never come back.

You can say the same thing about Republicans and suburban voters in Houston, Austin and DFW.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 10:40:53 AM »

I am tired of hearing about the Rio Grande Valley.

I have Texas as Likely R in 2024, but it will be more winnable than Florida.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 10:42:34 AM »

We don't need TX it's wave results but I put it on my map
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 01:01:40 PM »

I am tired of hearing about the Rio Grande Valley.

I have Texas as Likely R in 2024, but it will be more winnable than Florida.
No, it won't. It's not just the RGV, it's the Border Communities of the entire Texas/Mexico Border.

What President Biden & Mayorkas did was and is absolute RECKLESS these past two years.

Almost 5,000 - 8,000 Migrants a week crossing into Texas and Biden, Mayorkas and O'Rourke have no answer to it. I hope Abbott activates the National Guard and puts these people in detention until they have been properly vetted. This mess has to stop.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 04:33:10 PM »

Texas is trending left, the factors driving it aren't taking a pause.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies