10th Lincoln General Court Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:02:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  10th Lincoln General Court Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 10th Lincoln General Court Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 728 times)
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2022, 11:27:24 PM »

Introduce your bills for the LGC here.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 11:35:55 PM »

With the passage of the RetCon Act I believe we're ready to get this done:

Repeal of Unnecessary Legislation Act

The following legislation is hereby repealed:
L.C. 7.4: Lincoln Downballot Elections Act
L.C. 8.8: Amendment to the Lincoln Downballot Elections Act
L.C. 9.18: Amendment to the Lincoln Downballot Elections Act
LGC 1.2 - Amendment to the Lincoln Downballot Elections Act
LGC 1.8 - the WEALTH Act
LGC 2.6: A Resolution to push Turn 6 of the NPC campaigns to August 2021
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 04:18:30 PM »

THE LETTING OUR REGION BREATHE ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Letting Our Region Breathe Act.

SECTION II — Letting Our Region Breathe
1. The region of Lincoln shall prohibit the construction of any new freeways, including interstate highways and controlled-access state highways, within its boundaries. Specifically, the construction of the following proposed highways is to be indefinitely blocked:
  • Any of the three proposed routes of 'I-67';
  • The proposed 'I-92';
  • The proposed 'I-98';
  • The final segment of 'PA Turnpike 576', between 'I-79' and 'PA Turnpike 43'.

2. This legislation shall take effect immediately.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 01:49:06 AM »

THE CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IS CHILD ABUSE ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Corporal Punishment is Child Abuse Act.

SECTION II — Definitions
1. 'Corporal punishment' is defined in this act as any form of 'punishment' or 'discipline' meant to cause physical pain to a being, including spanking, paddling, and beating.

SECTION III — Corporal Punishment is Child Abuse
1. No school in the region of Lincoln, rather it be public, private, or charter, shall utilize corporal punishment.

2. All currently existing laws in Lincoln, including on the state, county, and municipal levels, permitting or enforcing corporal punishment in schools shall be nullified.

3. Corporal punishment in the home shall be criminalized in the region of Lincoln. Parents and guardians who utilize it may be prosecuted for petty assault, and parents and guardians who utilize it on a regular basis or in a particularly extreme manner (such as hurting a child enough to require hospitalization, intentionally or not) may be prosecuted for felony assault.

4. This legislation shall take effect immediately.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 09:16:09 PM »

NO PREDATORY TOWING ACT

1. No tow truck driver or towing and recovery operator in the Lincoln Region shall:

A. Use fraud or deceit in the offering or delivering of towing and recovery services;

B. Conduct his business or offer services in such a manner as to endanger the health, safety, and welfare of the public;

C. Use alcohol or drugs to the extent such use renders him unsafe to provide towing and recovery services;

D. Obtain any fee by fraud or misrepresentation;

E. Remove or tow a trespassing vehicle pursuant to law, or a vehicle towed or removed at the request of a law-enforcement officer to any location outside the State in which the trespassing vehicle is located;

F. Violate, or assist, induce, or cooperate with others to violate, any provision of law related to the offering or delivery of towing and recovery services;

G. Neglect to maintain on record at the towing and recovery operator's principal office a list of all drivers employed by the towing and recovery operator;

H. Advertise services in any manner that deceives, misleads, or defrauds the public;

I. Advertise or offer services under a name other than one's own name;

J. Fail to accept for payment cash, insurance company check, certified check, money order, visa credit/debit cards, and mastercard credit/debit cards.

K. Fail to display at the towing and recovery operator's principal office in a conspicuous place a listing of all towing, recovery, and processing fees for vehicles;

L. Fail to have readily available at the towing and recovery operator's principal office, at the customer's request, the maximum fees normally charged by the towing and recovery operator for basic services for towing and initial hookup of vehicles;

M. Knowingly charge excessive fees for towing, storage, or administrative services or charge fees for services not rendered. Storage fees shall not exceed $100 per week. The fee charged if a car is hooked up for towing but then released to the owner at the same location without being transported anywhere shall not exceed $50.

N. Fail to maintain all towing records, which shall include (but is not necessarily limited to) a record of all vehicles currently stored at the towing facility, and itemized fees, for a period of one (1) year from the date of service;

M. Willfully invoice payment for any services not stipulated or otherwise incorporated in a contract for services rendered between the towing and recovery operator and any government;

N. Employ a driver required to register as a sex offender;

O. Refuse, at the towing and recovery operator's place of business, to make change, up to $100, for the owner of the vehicle towed without the owner's consent if the owner pays in cash for charges for towing and storage of the vehicle;

P. Fail to provide the owner of a stolen vehicle written notice of his right under law to be reimbursed for towing and storage of his vehicle out of the treasury from the appropriation for criminal charges;

Q. Act with gross negligence or reckless disregard to the property of another; or

R. Knowingly permit another person to occupy a motor vehicle while such motor vehicle is being towed.

S. Attempt to Tow a Vehicle while it is still occupied by the owner or driver, or remove such person from the vehicle to tow it, unless a member of law enforcement with probable cause to arrest such person is present.

2. Any tow truck driver or towing and recovery operator who violates a provision of this act shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $10,000.00, restitution, and disgorgement of any profits resulting from violation. Any tow truck driver or towing and recovery operator who is convicted of three (3) or more violations of this act in a five (5) year period shall be prohibited from engaging in business as a tow truck driver or towing and recovery operator in the Lincoln Region for three (3) years. Any tow truck driver or towing and recovery operator who is convicted of a violation of this act during a suspension of their license to engage in such business shall additionally face forfeiture of any tow truck used in the commission of the violation.

3. Any person who incurs economic harm resulting from a violation if this act may maintain a civil suit to recover actual damages and reasonable legal costs. If the plaintiff can prove that the defendant has committed three (3) or more violations of this act in a five (5) year period shall be entitled to treble damages and reasonable legal costs.

4. This act shall take effect immediately.

Credit goes to Mr. Reactionary for the idea for this bill.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 04:56:19 PM »

THE LINCOLN INFRASTRUCTURE REFORM ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Lincoln Infrastructure Reform Act.

SECTION II — Prohibiting Pointless And Environmentally Unsound Highways
1. The construction of the following proposed highways is to be indefinitely blocked:
  • Any of the three proposed routes of 'I-67';
  • The proposed 'I-92';
  • The proposed 'I-98';
  • The final segment of 'PA Turnpike 576', between 'I-79' and 'PA Turnpike 43'.

2. To protect Maine's central landscape, any new highways within the state shall require submission to the Maine Department of Environmental Protection before construction, and may be turned down if they pose a hazard to it.

SECTION III — New York's Fourth Airport
1. A 7-member commission — comprised of 2 urban planners, 1 aviation safety expert, 1 pilot or retired pilot, 1 air traffic controller or retired air traffic controller, 1 economist, and 1 environmental engineer — shall be created to investigate the creation of a fourth major airport for the New York City metropolitan area, including finding the ideal site for it, determining if the benefits of constructing it outweigh the high cost, and determining the potential environmental hazards of the hypothetical airport's construction and how to limit them.
2. The following locations shall be recommended to the aformentioned commission as potential sites for a fourth major airport for the New York City metropolitan area:
  • Stewart International Airport, in New Windsor, NY;
  • Long Island MacArthur Airport, in Ronkonkoma, NY;
  • Hudson Valley Regional Airport, in Wappinger, NY;
  • Morristown Municipal Airport, in Morristown, NJ;
  • An artificial island off the coast of Stamford, CT;
  • A very large floating structure off the coast of Stamford, CT.
The commission shall also be allowed to recommend a site outside of the listed six if they find it to be ideal.

SECTION IV — Effective Date
1. This legislation shall take effect immediately.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 05:02:24 AM »

THE INVOLUNTARY COMMITMENT IS KIDNAPPING ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Involuntary Commitment Is Kidnapping Act.

SECTION II — Cracking Down On Kidnapping
1. Involuntary commitment to a psychiatric hospital, or other similar institution, as a 'treatment' for insanity shall be prohibited in the region of Lincoln.

2. All patients currently being involuntarily held at psychiatric hospitals, or other similar institutions, with the sole exception of those who pose an immediate physical risk to others, in Lincoln shall be released. Those who pose an immediate physical risk to others shall be transferred to jail.

3. The committee created by LGC 9.14 shall investigate cases of physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, and neglect at psychiatric hospitals, and other similar institutions, within Lincoln.

4. Involuntarily committing an insane being to a psychiatric hospital, or other similar institution, shall be considered kidnapping, and prosecuted accordingly. A grandfather clause shall apply to all instances of involuntary commitment perpetrated before this legislation's passing, and within 100 hours of its passing.

5. This legislation shall take effect immediately.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2022, 07:48:03 PM »

Fhtagn and I don't agree on much, but we do here.

NO BIG TECH ADULT DAYCARES ACT

1. No corporation, LLC, or business enterprise that is required under Lincoln law to file and pay a tax on net business income may deduct the cost of luxury fringe benefits provided to employees as a business expense for purposes of calculating net income.

2. For purposes of this act, luxury fringe benefits shall mean any complimentary tangible benefit exceeding $10 per employee per year that an employer provides to an employee that is not necessary for the employee to perform his or her job. Luxury fringe benefits includes complimentary towels, alcohol, mixed beverages, meal services, promotional items, tickets to sporting or other entertainment events, entertainment performances, limousine services, private use motor vehicles, vessels, or aircrafts, cry closets, and crayons and coloring books.

3. This act shall take effect January 1, 2023.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2022, 04:07:14 AM »

THE BREATHABLE VACCINE ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the BREATHABLE Vaccine Act.

SECTION II — BREATHE in the Omicron
1. The region of Lincoln shall spend $100,000,000 of its tax revenue on research into a nasally inhalable vaccine for SARS-CoV-2, and specifically, for the B.1.1.529 ('Omicron') variant.

2. Upon completion of a nasally inhalable vaccine for SARS-CoV-2, and specifically, for the B.1.1.529 ('Omicron') variant, one million (1,000,000) doses of the aformentioned vaccine shall be manufactured, and sent to pharamacies, clinics, and hospitals in every state within Lincoln, apportioned based on their percentage of the region's population. These doses of the inhalable vaccine shall be administered by the pharmacies, clinics, and hospitals as a 'booster' vaccine; vaccination via injection shall also remain available. If both methods of vaccination are available, the pharmacy, clinic, or hospital is strongly encouraged, but not strictly required, to allow the patient to choose which method they prefer.

3. After the rollout of the initial million doses of the inhalable vaccine, more doses shall be manufactured; the number of additional doses shall be up to the manufacturer.

4. This legislation shall take effect immediately.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 06:24:37 AM »

Tax Inclusive Pricing (TIP) Act

Prices for goods and services shall have the total cost to the consumer (taxes/fees/levies/duties) included on the price prominently displayed/advertised.
Businesses may display their pretax price as long as the TIP is clearly marked and the more prominent of the prices.
Penalties for non-compliance will be fall under the existing consumer law for fraud, false advertising and relevant consumer protection laws.

This shall come into effect at the start of the new fiscal year.

Even 'Herr Lebensraum' had the common sense to steal adopt my policy. Normally I don't like poking my nose in other regions affairs. In this case it's I believe all y'all can agree that its time Lincoln caught up to the other regions. I look forward to seeing our friends in Lincoln, join both Fremont, and the great region of the South that is, Dixie, have clear pricing for items.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 11:42:21 AM »

Tax Inclusive Pricing (TIP) Act

Prices for goods and services shall have the total cost to the consumer (taxes/fees/levies/duties) included on the price prominently displayed/advertised.
Businesses may display their pretax price as long as the TIP is clearly marked and the more prominent of the prices.
Penalties for non-compliance will be fall under the existing consumer law for fraud, false advertising and relevant consumer protection laws.

This shall come into effect at the start of the new fiscal year.

Even 'Herr Lebensraum' had the common sense to steal adopt my policy. Normally I don't like poking my nose in other regions affairs. In this case it's I believe all y'all can agree that its time Lincoln caught up to the other regions. I look forward to seeing our friends in Lincoln, join both Fremont, and the great region of the South that is, Dixie, have clear pricing for items.

Sponsoring
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 12:40:49 AM »

THE LINCOLN DIRECT DEMOCRACY ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Direct Democracy Act.

SECTION II — Power To The People
1. The region of Lincoln shall allow for all those registered to vote to vote on legislation agreed to by the General Court and the Senate.
2. As a Court Member, I feel as if while I can represent my constituents to the best of my ability, nobody can represent them better than they can. Swizerland has been monumental in giving the people a say of their future and the people of Lincoln deserve to be heard.
3. Abraham Lincoln was about championing civil rights.  It would be worthy of him to increase the democracy that he fought for.
4. Direct democracy works. It is the best way to give the everyday people the same voice that the elites have had for decades. The Midwest has previously used direct democracy and I wish that my constituents can have those same rights.

SECTION III — Implementation
1. The process of laws will not change, just that the people including the representatives can vote in favor or against in the Ballot box.

Stature I: Allowing for citizen-ballot iniatives

1. Registered voters within Lincoln will be allowed to propose laws. Signatures must match 5% of votes before it is considered.
2. The General Court and Senate will confer to check the Constitutionality of such ballots before it is passed.
3. The Governor will be in charge of setting a date, no less than two weeks after the approval from Congress.

SECTION IV — Effective Date
 This legislation shall take place effective immediately.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2022, 12:05:17 AM »
« Edited: November 15, 2022, 12:11:14 AM by Lincoln General Court Representative Christian Man »

THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM ACT OF 2022

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Criminal Justice Reform Act

SECTION II — Due Justice
1. Includes a moratorium of the death penalty
2. Eliminates life in prison without the possibility of parole which disproportionately impacts POC, allowing for parole after a maximum of 25 years using a risk-based analysis.
3. Bans slave and forced labor and requires prisoners who work to make minimum wage while working.
4. Bans cash bail which disproportionately impacts POC.
5. Mandates that a risk-based sentencing program must be used in sentencing  
6. Requires that every state-run prison has access to a social worker and/or psychologist.
7. Allows non-violent and low-risk inmates who has not committed a violent act within the past 5 years to leave prison on the weekend between sunset Friday and sunset Sunday with a GPS-tracking device as long as they do not leave the state of Lincoln. Any crimes committed will result in an extra time and a half of the crime committed to be added to the sentence and loss of privilege's for no less than three years depending on risk level. The tampering with or disposing of the tracking devices or violation of curfew will result in losses of privilege for less than one year.

Section III---Implementation
1. Wage increases for inmates and the additional social service workers will be payed with a progressive income tax increase on those making >$1 mil/yr.
2. $0 of the police budget shall be slashed or defunded.
3. GPS-tracking devices will be identical to those used by probation officers to track people on probation, although they will be used by prison officials to make sure that individuals remain in Lincoln and to locate them in the case of any crime or curfew violation.

SECTION IV--Effective Date
This bill shall take place effective January 1, 2023, although death penalty cases will be commuted effective immediately.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2022, 05:08:26 AM »

THE LincOut Act

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the LincOut Act

SECTION II — Holding a referendum on the future of Lincoln
1. This legislation provides the choice to Lincoln people itself to decide on the future of their region and whether Lincoln should be an independent state, seceding from the federal level.
2. It provides people registered to live in the region of Lincoln the opportunity whether to vote for secession or not.
3. The question shall be named as the following: How do you prefer the status of Lincoln to be in the future
1. As an independent country
2. As a region within the country of Atlasia
4. This act doesn't hold a preference in which of the options shall be chosen and is neutral in the implementation. The act defends the right to vote and the right to choose.

SECTION III - In case the people of Lincoln vote to remain a region within Atlasia
1. If the secession referendum fails to pass, all future such referendums, and any associated SNAP elections, shall be held only with the approval of the General Court or the body that replaces it in case it would be replaced.

SECTION IV - In case the people of Lincoln vote to secede
1. Lincoln will secede from Atlasia at the date of 1 january 2024. The remainder of 2023 will be used to spend time debating the future of the country and organizing/building a framework where an independent nation can build on, including debating the future relations with the country of Atlasia
2. Lincoln would adopt all legislation it has currently enacted on secession date, federal laws would be removed. The remainder of 2023 would have to be used to change the laws preparing for actual secession.
3. If the secession referendum succeeds, any future attempt to rejoin Atlasia, and any associated SNAP elections, shall be held only with the approval of the Lincoln General Court or the body that replaces it in case it would be replaced.

SECTION V - To prevent prosecution
1. No person who will enact, vote in favour for the referendum or debate it would be prosecuted, as should be the case in any country or region that calls itself democratic

SECTION VI - Effective Date
The referendum would be held alongside the february 2023 presidential, federal and regional elections.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022, 11:24:21 PM »

THE LINCOLN LIQUOR LIBERTY ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Lincoln Liquor Liberty Act.

SECTION II — Lincoln Liquor Liberty
1. All state, county, and municipal laws in Lincoln prohibiting the sale or consumption of alcohol, including beer, wine, and other 'intoxicating beverages,' shall be overturned.

2. No state, county, or municipality in Lincoln shall prohibit the sale or consumption of alcohol, including beer, wine, and other 'intoxicating beverages.'

3. The ban on laws prohibiting the sale of alcohol includes laws prohibiting the sale or consumption of alcohol between specific hours — including 'blue laws' prohibiting the sale of alcohol on Sundays — and laws prohibiting supermarkets from selling alcohol.

4. The age to consume alcohol in all states, counties, and municipalities in Lincoln shall be lowered to 18. This will not affect the age to purchase alcohol, which shall remain at the federal requirement of 21.

5. All limits on the quantity and types of alcohol that can be sold at supermarkets in states, counties, and municipalities in Lincoln shall be overturned.

6. This legislation shall take effect immediately.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2022, 01:53:02 AM »

Direct Democracy Constitutional Amendment

SECTION I. Changes to Existing Constitutional Text:

1. In Article I, Clause 1, strike the period and add ", except as specified in the Direct Democracy Amendment."

2. Change Article I, Clause 5 to read as follows:

5. Every bill passed by the General Court shall, before it becomes law, be submitted to the judgment of the governor. If they approve of it, they should sign it and it will become law, except as specified in the Direct Democracy Amendment; but if they disapprove they may veto it, and it shall be returned to the General Court. If, after considering the objections of the governor, the General Court should by a two-thirds vote agree to pass the same bill, it shall become law regardless of the governor's objections, except as specified in the Direct Democracy Amendment. If the governor shall not act to sign or veto a bill, it shall become law seven (7) days after its adoption by the General Court, except as specified in the Direct Democracy Amendment. The Governor shall have the authority to submit revisions to passed legislation, if they deem fit, and return it to the legislature for reconsideration. If the redrafted bill is rejected by the General Court, and the original bill passed the General Court by a two-thirds margin, the original bill shall be sent to referendum. If the redrafted bill is rejected by the General Court, and the original bill passed by less than two-thirds, the Governor shall be compelled to sign or veto the original bill.

3. In Article II, Clause 3, strike the period and insert ", except as specified in the Direct Democracy Amendment."

SECTION II. Direct Democracy Article:

To the end of the Constitution, add the following new Article:

Article IX - Direct Democracy Amendment

1. The region of Lincoln shall allow for all those registered and valid to vote to vote on legislation reviewed by the General Court and Governor.
2. No part of this Article shall be construed to apply any provision of Article VII, also known as the Activity Enforcement Amendment, to anyone who is not on the General Court.
3. This Amendment shall not change the process of passing laws, it shall merely allow a vote of the people as a final step for pieces of legislation the Governor has signed, allowed to become law without their signature, or where a veto has been overridden.
4. Laws shall be enacted provisionally, unless specified otherwise by the law, until a referendum can be held. They shall remain enacted unless rejected by a majority of those voting in the referendum. Abstentions shall not affect the results.
5. In lieu of going through the General Court and Governor, any registered voter may instead get a bill to referendum by creating a topic for it within the Atlas Fantasy Elections board and getting at least 15% of the registered voter population in Lincoln to sign off on it. The General Court may render such an effort void with a 4/5ths majority.
6. The 'queue' of pending referendums shall be voted on during each regular election of the General Court, as well as during the second and fourth weekends of those months in which a regular election to the general court is not scheduled. The Governor, or whoever they have designated to run elections, may move any referendums not coinciding with regular elections so that they coincide with any anticipated special election.

ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2022, 05:30:42 PM »

THE NOMINATIVE FREEDOM ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Nominative Freedom Act.

SECTION II — Nominative Freedom
1. Ballots in Lincoln regional elections shall use a candidate's preferred name, as registered on the New Register Thread. If a candidate's preferred name is the same as their username, it shall be listed by itself, as is currently the case; if a candidate's preferred name differs from their username, the preferred name shall be listed first, followed by the username, in the format of 'Preferred Name (Username)'.

2. Deputies of the Lincoln General Court shall be referred to in the legislative process by their preferred name, as registered on the New Register Thread. This includes in the contexts of sponsoring legislation and of speaker ballots.

3. This legislation shall take effect immediately.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2022, 11:23:46 PM »

THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 2022 

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the CRA OF 2022

SECTION II — Social Justice
1. This bill will add the following protected classes and outlaw discrimination or persecution of the following:
Religion
Gender or Sexual Identity
Political Identification

Those found guilty of  harming or threatening to harm individuals as a result of any of the above may be found guilty of a hate crime violation and face sentences such as fines and/or jail time depending on the nature of the offence and the number of offenses committed.

Section IV- Effective date
This legislation shall take effect immediately.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2022, 01:59:53 AM »

THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT OF 2022

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as ChristianMan Care

SECTION II--Requirements

1. Places an individual mandate in which every citizen must receive healthcare whether they choose a private or government model.
2. That insurances can not deny coverage for preexisting conditions
3. The government has the right to negotiate prices for medications
4. 80% of insurance funds must be used to provide direct care to clients, rather than reimbursing pharmaceutical companies.
5. Allows patients to have access to non-FDA approved drugs in order to better treat their conditions
6.  Legalizes the use of drugs with medicinal purposes for medicinal purposes  Exceptions for this includes drugs that are deadly including heroin and opiates and patients must receive approval from a medical profession who can prescribe medication.
7.That insurances cannot discriminate on the basis of medicine. In other words, insurance providers cannot refuse to cover medical professionals and if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.
8. Mandates saving accounts in which 10% of one's wages are saved for routine care or the care of immediate families. Unused funds can be claimed as inheritance after death.
9 Mandates that insurance must subsidize upwards of 80% of procedures that are life-saving including treatment for addictions and psychiatric treatment for attempted suicide.
10. Implements a drug board for those caught using illicit substances. This board made up of social workers, medical professionals, and drug experts refers people to drug treatment programs, hand out fines or impose community service.

Section III--Implication
There would be paid for with increasing taxes on those making >$400,000.

Section IV- Effective date
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2022, 05:52:17 AM »

THE CENTRAL CAPITAL ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Central Capital Act.

SECTION II — Our New Central Capital
1. The regional capital of Lincoln shall be moved to Erie, Pennsylvania.

2. An 83.4 acre, currently industrial section of Erie shall become government property. All companies that own land in this section shall be given just compensation. The boundaries of this section shall be:
  • Lake Road to the north;
  • Downing Avenue to the east;
  • 10th Street to the south;
  • Gilson Avenue to the west.
This section shall become a regional district, referred to as the 'Lincoln Park Regional District'. The District shall be a direct part of the region of Lincoln itself, excluded from the rest of Erie and Pennsylvania, and as such, is to remain uninhabited.

3. The Lincoln Park Regional District shall be cleared out, and then reconstructed in the following manner:
  • The freight railway bisecting the District, as well as the sections of rail leading up to its boundaries, shall be converted into an underground tunnel, to allow for the railway's continued use without it getting in the way of the District;
  • Where applicable, the four boundary streets listed in Section II Provision 2 shall be expanded to at least two lanes in each direction, to support the increase in traffic that is to come with the addition of the District;
  • On the northern side of the District, facing Lake Road, a new Lincoln Regional Capitol shall be constructed. The Capitol shall be constructed in a brutalist style out of coloured concrete, with a rectangular shape — 800 feet long on its north and south sides, and 400 feet wide on its west and east sides — and a vaulted roof.
  • The north-facing, or front, side of the Capitol shall be constructed with green-tinted concrete, representing our region's flag, the flora of spring in Lincoln, and our lush forests; the east-facing, or left, side of the Capitol shall be constructed with maroon-tinted concrete, representing the Labor party, the leaves of autumn in Lincoln, and the blood spilled by Lincolnites to defend liberty and equality in past wars; the west-facing, or right, side of the Capitol shall be constructed with sedona-tinted concrete, representing the Federalist party, the sandy beaches of summer in Lincoln, and our 'Rust Belt' and the workers that make Lincoln the hub of Atlasia's industrial sector; the south-facing, or back, side of the Capitol shall be constructed with blue-tinted concrete, representing our third parties and independents, the snow and ice of winter in Lincoln, and the bodies of water that surround our region — the Ohio River to our south, Mississippi and St. Croix Rivers to our west, Great Lakes to our north, and Atlantic Ocean to our east; and the roof of the Capitol shall be constructed with black-tinted concrete, representing the night sky and cosmos above us, which remain the same no matter what season it is or what party one is affiliated with, and therefore, represents that which unites every Lincolnite.
  • The Capitol shall have three floors. The first floor shall be open to the general public, and include a visitor center, offices for staffers, and a museum dedicated to the political and legislative history of the region of Lincoln, its predecessors (the Northeast and Mideast regions), and federal Atlasian political figures from Lincoln. The second floor shall be used almost exclusively for offices, including those of the Governor, their cabinet, and all General Court Deputies. The only non-office room on the second floor of the Capitol shall be the hall in which the Lincoln General Court meets, which shall be located in the centre of the second floor, with the area directly above it being cut out from the third floor. The third floor shall contain the Lincoln Regional Archives, as well as more offices, storage space, and a Lincoln Capitol Police substation.
  • In the southeastern corner of the District, bordered by Downing Avenue to its east and 10th Street to its south, the Lincoln Park Museum of Art shall be constructed. The LPMoA shall be constructed in an art deco style, with a rectangular shape — 800 feet long on its west and east sides, and 400 feet wide on its north and south sides — and a large clock above its eastern (main) entrance, representing how art is constantly evolving.
  • The Lincoln Park Museum of Art shall have five floors. The first floor shall be dedicated to classical and modern (1776–1950) art made by Lincolnites; the second floor shall be dedicated to contemporary (1950–present) art made by Lincolnites; the third floor shall be split in half, with the first half dedicated to art made by Fremonters, Southerners, and foreigners and the second half dedicated to temporary exhibitions; and the fourth and fifth floors shall be dedicated to storage.
  • In the southwestern corner of the District, bordered by Gilson Avenue to its west and 10th Street to its south, the Lincoln Park Museum of Natural History shall be constructed. The LPMoNH shall be constructed in a neo-futurist style, with a hyperbola-shaped/semicircular 320,000 square foot footprint — with the northernmost and southernmost parts of the structure facing due west and the rest curving towards the east — and a large screen above its central (main) entrance displaying a loop of three animations: one displaying what the site might have looked like 100 million years ago during the Cretaceous period, one displaying what the site looked like before it was reconstructed into the District (circa 2022), and one displaying a forested area populated by unrecognizable plants and animals conceptualized by speculative evolution artists, meant to represent what the site might look like 100 million years into the future.
  • The Lincoln Park Museum of Natural History shall have five floors. The first floor shall be dedicated to zoology and paleobiology, including an exhibit dedicated to fossils and cast models of extinct species, with a focus on relatively obscure species, and a 'hall of mammals' displaying taxidermied specimens of more than one hundred species of extant and recently extinct mammals; the second floor shall be split in half; the first half of the second floor shall be dedicated to botany, including an exhibit about the history of agriculture in Lincoln, starting Indigenous Lincolnite agriculture, including the importance of the 'three sisters' and the use of sustainable agriculture, continuing to the 19th century and the Second Agricultural Revolution, then the 20th century and the rise of industrial agriculture, and ending with the 21st century and the Lincolnite farms at the forefront of the movement back towards sustainable, greener agriculture to help combat climate change; the second half of the second floor shall be dedicated to temporary exhibitions; the third floor shall be dedicated to the Earth sciences, such as geology and meteorology, including an exhibit displaying gems and minerals, an exhibit dedicated to metereology featuring an air vortex tube, computers showing how numerical weather prediction and atmospheric models work, and a retired NOAA GIV-SP, and an exhibit about natural disasters that includes simulations of 78 mph winds — the minimum speed of a Category 1 hurricane — and the shaking of an earthquake; and the fourth and fifth floors shall be dedicated to storage.
  • The remaining space of the District not occupied by these three buildings shall be made into a landscaped park. At the centre of the park shall be a statue of the region's namesake, Abraham Lincoln, which shall be at a 5:1 scale — 31 feet and 8 inches tall — and constructed out of Barre granite. The Lincoln statue shall face in the direction of Nyman, signifying the region's loyalty to Atlasia at-large. Surrounding the statue shall be a circle of fourteen stones, each sourced from a different state within the region of Lincoln; these stones shall have their respective state's name carved into them. The park shall have fourteen dirt pathways, each leading out from a stone in the direction that the stone faces; these paths shall be lined with their respective state's state tree, and shall end when they reach either a street or the property of one of the three structures within the District.

4. All regional government agencies for the region of Lincoln shall be relocated to Erie County, Pennsylvania, within a ten mile radius of the regional Capitol; they shall not be required to be within the city limits of Erie, so long as they are within the ten mile radius.

5. The 10th Lincoln General Court shall continue to meet at the current Capitol in New York City. The regional government shall move to the new Capitol on December 12, 2022, two days before the December 14, 2022 start of the session of the 11th Lincoln General Court.

6. This legislation shall take effect immediately.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2022, 09:12:46 PM »

THE ENDING RSALT FOR ASSAULT ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Ending RSALT for Assault Act.

SECTION II — Ending RSALT for Assault Act
1. The region of Lincoln shall halt all use of regional, state, and local taxes ('RSALT') on the Atlasian federal military. This provision shall be automatically overturned if and when federal Atlasian military spending drops below 5% of the national budget.

2. The region of Lincoln's spending on the Lincoln Regional Defense Force shall be cut in half, down to $1,256,250,000.

3. This legislation shall take effect on 1 January 2023.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2022, 11:47:16 PM »

The Holiday Act

Section 1-Title
The bill my be cited as the Holiday Act

Section 2--Recognition of Statewide Holidays
1. Will recognize May Day & Election Day as state holidays with state workers being given the day off.

Stature 1--The Suffrage Act of 2022
1. Along with making Election Day a regional holiday, it would require that all those disenfranchised due to being imprisoned or having previously committed a crime to be given voter rights.

Section 3--Implementation
The legislation shall take place effective July 1, 2023
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2022, 07:41:47 PM »

The Free Trade School Act

Section 1-Title
The bill my be cited as the Free Trade School Act

Section 2--Free Trade School
1. Will allow citizens of Lincoln to attend trade school for free. This bill will not apply to out of district citizens.

Section 3--Implementation
The legislation shall take place effective the semester following July 1, 2023
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2022, 08:40:46 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2022, 09:00:13 PM by Laki »

The Be Nice To Each Other Act

Section I - Title
The bill may be cited as The Be Nice To Each Other Act

Section II - Save Our People
1. Promoting any kind of self-harm and/or suicide will now be considered a crime, and will be prosecuted as such.
2. Encouraging one to commit non-fatal self harm will be considered abuse under the law.
3. Encourage one to commit suicide will from now on be considered as murder under the law.
4. This does not apply to professionals who follow the procedure to assist with an euthanasia.

Section III - Clean The Internet
1. The Internet will from now on be regulated strongly to actively ban or remove websites that promote OR discuss suicide, self harm or eating disorders.
2. Websites and social media that do not embrace this philosophy will be entirely banned from Lincoln.
3. Site owners allowing these kind of practices happening under their platform will be prosecuted
4. This does not apply to professional organizations that offer a supportive help platform which shall be provided by a license to offer such content by professionals and organizations.

Section IV - Effective Date
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2022, 08:46:56 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2022, 09:00:09 PM by Laki »

The Stop The Suffering Act

Section I - Title
The bill may be cited as The Stop The Suffering Act

Section II - New Rules For Assisted Suicide
Assisted Suicide for psychiatric patients will from now on be legalized under the following conditions
- At least three independent doctors or psychiatrists agree with starting the process of an assisted suicide for a psychiatric patient.
- There shall be a personal will of the patient to agree with the assisted suicide
- The patients needs to be proven to be self conscious or self aware to make this decision
- There shall be an independent report to confirm that the patient wasn't pressured by surroundings or their personal environment to have an euthanasia.
- If proven the patient was pressured by people to have an euthanasia, the people responsible for this will be prosecuted for murder or attempted murder.
- There shall be a period between confirmation and execution of said assisted suicide of six months to give the patient possibly the time to reconsider their will.

Section III - Effective Date
This legislation shall take effect on 1 January 2023.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies