General's Office, Force New Mexico
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:28:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  General's Office, Force New Mexico
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: General's Office, Force New Mexico  (Read 1610 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2007, 07:55:15 PM »

This thread will, as of now, contain all statements, press releases, and tactical reports by Major General Wixted of the Atlasian Army and his staff.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:58:05 PM »

The original 7500 troops dispatched are the 1st Brigade, 10th Mountain Division out of Fort Drum, New York, and the 501st Military Intellegence Battalion of the 1st Armored Division out of Fort Hood, Texas.

I would like to at this time ask the President to grant Force New Mexico an additional 10,000 troops in order to respond better to heightening tension within the region and, upon further investigation into the situation, to bring a more quick resolution to this crisis.

The extra 10,000 troops, if granted, would be the 1st Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, out of Fort Riley, Kansas, and the 187th Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airbourne out of Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:58:24 PM »

New Mexico?  What are you talking about?  Your army is currently located in New England, New York, and North Dakota.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:00:39 PM »

New Mexico?  What are you talking about?  Your army is currently located in New England, New York, and North Dakota.

No time for your silly games Joe, this is the dire circumstances of Atlasia. Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:05:56 PM »

No time for your silly games Joe, this is the dire circumstances of Atlasia. Tongue

"Silly games", eh?  We'll see about that.

[Mental note: make sure Colin only rolls 1's from now on.]
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 08:09:17 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2007, 08:15:01 PM by Senator and Major General Colin Wixted »

"Silly games", eh?  We'll see about that.

[Mental note: make sure Colin only rolls 1's from now on.]

Just the same you've always been out to get me. Wink

No General Wilhelm Carl Strauss von Wixted over in Risk will continue to go from victory to victory!
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 09:13:59 PM »

You have my permission for the extra troops.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 10:05:56 PM »

Err...can someone be a senator and hold the office of major general at the same time?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:21:47 AM »

Err...can someone be a senator and hold the office of major general at the same time?

Good point.  I think I'll bring a lawsuit.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:25:26 AM »

General Wixted, I would like to offer my services as the former Commander-in-Chief of the NE National Guard and a former General against the Southeast.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 10:47:39 AM »

The more I look at it, Colin cannot be both Senator and Major General (Under the orders of the executive branch) at the same time...two offices, separation of powers etc...

Its only a matter before someone sues on this Federal Claim.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 12:10:18 PM »

I am prepared to give aid to Senator Major General Chief of Staff Mike Naso Wixted in his court case. He is invited to contact me privately.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2007, 12:20:29 PM by Inks.LWC »

The more I look at it, Colin cannot be both Senator and Major General (Under the orders of the executive branch) at the same time...two offices, separation of powers etc...

Could someone pass an emergency bill making this an exception due to the situation?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 12:12:12 PM »

I think the Southeast has already taken this to court
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 06:02:06 PM »

Could someone pass an emergency bill making this an exception due to the situation?
Part of it seems to be an issue arising out of the constitution.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 06:18:07 PM »

Pass an emergency amendment
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 06:22:07 PM »

The passage of an amendment is filled with checks and balances precisely to avoid the idea of an emergency amendment.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 06:28:43 PM »

The passage of an amendment is filled with checks and balances precisely to avoid the idea of an emergency amendment.

I know--I've taken gov't class.  But intended purpose and unanimous consent for an emergency are 2 different things.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 06:29:38 PM »

I know--I've taken gov't class.  But intended purpose and unanimous consent for an emergency are 2 different things.

I certainly wouldnt consent to this "amendment."
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 06:48:35 PM »

Well I would argue that this isn't even a government office no more than the Council of Economic Advisors or whatever that the President set up a month ago was or any of the other extraneous commissions, advisory roles and extra positions that have been created have been. This isn't a new cabinet department, if anything this is a military position or an advisory position to the President as I detailed in the early brief before the Supreme Court.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 06:56:53 PM »

Well I would argue that this isn't even a government office no more than the Council of Economic Advisors or whatever that the President set up a month ago was or any of the other extraneous commissions, advisory roles and extra positions that have been created have been. This isn't a new cabinet department, if anything this is a military position or an advisory position to the President as I detailed in the early brief before the Supreme Court.

This is obviously a question for the Supreme Court as to what is, and what is not an office.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 07:04:50 PM »

This is obviously a question for the Supreme Court as to what is, and what is not an office.

Which is why it is now a skull crushing, nerve racking, court case. I can only hope we actually find all the Justices and have them actually hear this case.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 07:07:04 PM »

Which is why it is now a skull crushing, nerve racking, court case. I can only hope we actually find all the Justices and have them actually hear this case.

I could note that given that the president is Commander in Chief, it would be very easy to sidestep this by simply presenting the president with instructions that he can copy and paste.  That way, the president would technically be specifying what to do, with the troops still ultimately receiving their leadership from the same person.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 07:18:26 PM »

I could note that given that the president is Commander in Chief, it would be very easy to sidestep this by simply presenting the president with instructions that he can copy and paste.  That way, the president would technically be specifying what to do, with the troops still ultimately receiving their leadership from the same person.

I think its more important if the Court asserts its role in Atlasia...hopefully giving the sim another element to participate in.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 07:32:46 PM »

I think its more important if the Court asserts its role in Atlasia...hopefully giving the sim another element to participate in.

Hopefully not.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies