FL: University of North Florida: Gov. DeSantis (R) +14
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:32:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL: University of North Florida: Gov. DeSantis (R) +14
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL: University of North Florida: Gov. DeSantis (R) +14  (Read 1720 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2022, 07:50:32 PM »

Polls have trended R for Florida, because the early vote looks terrible for them. Democrats are having way too many problems getting their base out in the urban areas of Miami-Dade and Broward County.  They only have 62,000 Mail-In Votes returned by Democrats in Broward County. Democrats need to run up the votes totals in Broward to have any chance keeping the race close between DeSantis and Crist.  At this point, I think Republicans might even decrease the margin Democrats hold in Broward by 5 points.  Combining VBM and Early In-Person Votes across the state, Republicans are almost tied with Democrats, and Republicans are currently on pace to overtake Democrats among all Early Voters.  

It appears obvious that Republicans will retain a large portion of Trumps 2020 voters, and strip Democrats of some anti-Trump voters.  It's also possible that DeSantis ends up winning Hispanics by a healthy margins.  DeSantis could easily win the state by 8 points.   He could win by more points if Democrats continue struggling to turnout male black voters.
Republicans will have taken over the Combined VBM/Early In-Person Vote tonight. At this rate Republicans will have a 100-200K Vote lead at the end of Early Voting. They are gaining almost 20K a Day.

That's extremely bad.  It just looks like the Democrat Campaign in Florida has collapsed in areas where their core demographic voters are located.  Democrats are losing Hispanics that normally vote for them, and I don't see any place they can make up the loss.  This is throughout the Sunbelt, so Republicans will definitely score greater margins in TX, NV, and AZ then polls indicate.  
FLORIDA VBM/Early In-Person Vote Combined
D - 784,297
R - 783,960
NPA - 368,328

Cased closed Hollywood. This cake is BAKED as many would say.

Florida will hit 2M Votes tomorrow!

Crist is going to get slaughtered on E-Day.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2022, 07:57:43 PM »

"Ian" was the finishing touch on this race. The debate was a desperate attempt by Crist and it failed, similar to the Senate debate for Demings.

I still think the ceiling for DeSantis is around 55% though, which is very good for FL.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2022, 08:00:28 PM »

"Ian" was the finishing touch on this race. The debate was a desperate attempt by Crist and it failed, similar to the Senate debate for Demings.

I still think the ceiling for DeSantis is around 55% though, which is very good for FL.

Lol, the Maro Largo Raid had something to do with the softening of DeSantis poll numbers the only polls that had it close were Impact/AARP POLLS AND THEY HAD IT 50)48 RUBIO AND 50/47 DeSantis never Christ in the lead, but Listener poll had it 53/47, we haven't seen any of those polls anymore and the DOJ has failed to prosecute TRUMP
sg0508
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2022, 08:02:30 PM »

Lol, the Maro Largo Raid had something to do with the softening of DeSantis poll numbers the only polls that had it close were Impact/AARP POLLS AND THEY HAD IT 50)48 RUBIO AND 50/47 DeSantis never Christ in the lead, but Listener poll had it 53/47, we haven't seen any of those polls anymore and the DOJ has failed to prosecute TRUMP
What the heck are you saying lol?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2022, 08:03:41 PM »

What the heck are you saying lol?

You don't understand
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2022, 08:11:03 PM »

Yeah, I agree with this. R's will have a 100K lead heading into E-Day.

D's in FL just ain't as energized as they were in 2020 and DeSantis has been a very popular Governor. Yes, he has made some controversial things but who hasn't. Nobody is perfect.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2022, 08:13:46 PM »

I know the data isn’t available

But I would absolutely love to see what percentage of college educated white women who voted for bush in 2004 in Florida are voting for Crist in 2022

Maybe 15%?
sg0508
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2022, 08:15:26 PM »

That's actually Crist's hope. He comes across as kinder and gentler, especially to women and minorities. His personality speaks as such and DeSantis comes across as abrasive and arrogant (to many). 

Hollywood
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2022, 08:36:41 PM »

The Mar O Lago Raid had no impact on the Florida Electorate.  None. 

The Listener Group is a Democrat Propaganda Pollster.  They were putting out fake polls that were timed with Democrat fundraising efforts.

We haven't seen those polls anymore, because the Democrats know they have lost Florida.  The Democrats aren't going to waste money paying the Listener Group to put out nonsense polls that won't have any effect on the outcome.  There are now four Florida Polls, including D Pollsters, with DeSantis leading by 11-14 points. 
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2022, 09:40:22 AM »

DeSantis isn't winning by 14 pts, University poll

He'll win by around 10 pts. Tongue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica