Who wins the senate race in PA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:05:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins the senate race in PA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: .
Oz

Fetterman

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: Who wins the senate race in PA  (Read 1563 times)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2022, 08:09:52 PM »

?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 08:10:40 PM »

I still think Fetterman.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 08:11:43 PM »

Oz.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 08:20:02 PM »

Mehmentum
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 08:21:03 PM »

After this debate, I think Oz will, but it will be a very close race.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 08:29:25 PM »

Fetterman, but it could get quite close and Oz has a chance.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 08:31:33 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2022, 05:32:10 AM by Eraserhead »

Hopefully Fetterman but it'll be close as it has been for a while.

Debates often don't matter much in non-Presidential races. Most people don't watch them.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 08:32:44 PM »

Dr. Oz
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 08:37:15 PM »

Oz. Not because of the debate, but because of the fundamentals of running in a state that leans to the nation's right in a Republican-leaning midterm year.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 08:42:24 PM »

Fetterman +2
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 08:45:02 PM »

Tonight will be the first non-presidential debate to matter in years. But still Fetterman by 0.4%.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2022, 08:50:22 PM »

I didn't watch the debate, but I still think Oz wins due to the national environment.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2022, 08:53:34 PM »

Oz. Not because of the debate, but because of the fundamentals of running in a state that leans to the nation's right in a Republican-leaning midterm year.

I assume Walker, Masters, and Laxalt all Win too in this scenario?
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2022, 08:53:58 PM »

I give Oz about a 50-55% chance. Gun to my head I say he wins by 1.2 points.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2022, 08:58:54 PM »

I give Oz about a 50-55% chance. Gun to my head I say he wins by 1.2 points.

You think Fetterman is gonna lose with Shapiro, no, Mastriano hasn't run a single ad
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 09:00:32 PM »

Still a toss-up but Oz is more likely to win.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2022, 09:02:55 PM »

Fetterman, same as it's been all year. We nearly beat Toomey twice in R-friendly environments, and Mehmet Oz doesn't even scratch Pat Toomey as a politician. It'll be close, but it'll be fine.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2022, 09:12:55 PM »

Oz unless he literally goes on TV and says "Trump is the rightful president" or "abortion should be banned from the moment of conception nationwide."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2022, 09:14:11 PM »

Oz unless he literally goes on TV and says "Trump is the rightful president" or "abortion should be banned from the moment of conception nationwide."

Most people have made up their minds even before this debate as Early voting has already began
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2022, 09:14:48 PM »

Still a toss-up but Oz is more likely to win.

Yeah and Oz hasn't lead in a single poll , the only poll Oz lead in was Wick
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2022, 09:16:27 PM »

This is a really tough one and you can def make a case either way.

On fundamentals alone, Oz should win, probably by a few points. In 2020 PA voted to the right of the nation by ~3% and while universal swing isn't real, Pennsylvania is demographically diverse enough that it tends to swing with the nation. Based on that alone, a tied NPA should yield Oz a tiny victory.

This issue though is this cycle, Republicans have a lot of particular problems in PA that are not helping them. Doug Mastriano seems to be a drag on the entire ticket and has basically given up on serious campaigning, and Oz himself doesn't seem like a great campaigner in terms of enthusiasm. It'll be interesting to see how the national enthusiasm edge which favors Rs and the state enthusiasm edge which favors Ds collide.

Next is polling. Over the summer Fetterman had a huge 10 point lead which has now narrowed to just a 2 point lead according to 538, and given past polling errors in PA, a 2-point lead should make Fetterman worried.  I tend to believe polls in PA are being a bit overreactive though, I definitely buy that Oz is increasing his support due to R consolidation after a very divided primary, but I also have a hard time believing Fetterman outright lost almost 4% given he hasn't had a huge scandal or anything (no the stroke doesn't count, I doubt that alone would erode 4%). I think it might have to do with polling clustering where over the summer only those who were showing Fetterman + 10 results actually become public whereas now the reverse may be somewhat true.

Finally, the individual dynamics of the 2 candidates is very interesting. Dr. Oz seems to lack charisma, especially when compared to Trump, and has sort of tried to paint himself as moderate centrist with varying degrees of success for different groups of voters. One of Oz's strengths is he knows how to give off good optics in front of a camera, but his weakness is he can't be down to earth even if he tried. Fetterman on the other hand is trying to come across as much more down to earth which seems to mostly be viewed as genuine. He's also done a good job at using social media to make things a bit fun. His problem is the stroke has made him a less effective communicator and has allowed Republicans multitude of attack ads against him.

All and all, my guess is Fetterman narrowly wins and infact is more likely to win perhaps than Mark Kelly (who I currently think loses narrowly). At the end of the day, he still leads in a polling average which I think has been made a bit artificially closer due to polls tendencies to cluster. I also really doubt we see as large of a disparity between Senate and Gov as some have suggested there may be. That sort of consolidation on e-day def favors Fetterman. Realistically it could go either way, but if Oz wins he'll almost purely be carried over by a red ripple or wave.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2022, 10:03:11 PM »

This is a really tough one and you can def make a case either way.

On fundamentals alone, Oz should win, probably by a few points. In 2020 PA voted to the right of the nation by ~3% and while universal swing isn't real, Pennsylvania is demographically diverse enough that it tends to swing with the nation. Based on that alone, a tied NPA should yield Oz a tiny victory.

This issue though is this cycle, Republicans have a lot of particular problems in PA that are not helping them. Doug Mastriano seems to be a drag on the entire ticket and has basically given up on serious campaigning, and Oz himself doesn't seem like a great campaigner in terms of enthusiasm. It'll be interesting to see how the national enthusiasm edge which favors Rs and the state enthusiasm edge which favors Ds collide.

Next is polling. Over the summer Fetterman had a huge 10 point lead which has now narrowed to just a 2 point lead according to 538, and given past polling errors in PA, a 2-point lead should make Fetterman worried.  I tend to believe polls in PA are being a bit overreactive though, I definitely buy that Oz is increasing his support due to R consolidation after a very divided primary, but I also have a hard time believing Fetterman outright lost almost 4% given he hasn't had a huge scandal or anything (no the stroke doesn't count, I doubt that alone would erode 4%). I think it might have to do with polling clustering where over the summer only those who were showing Fetterman + 10 results actually become public whereas now the reverse may be somewhat true.

Finally, the individual dynamics of the 2 candidates is very interesting. Dr. Oz seems to lack charisma, especially when compared to Trump, and has sort of tried to paint himself as moderate centrist with varying degrees of success for different groups of voters. One of Oz's strengths is he knows how to give off good optics in front of a camera, but his weakness is he can't be down to earth even if he tried. Fetterman on the other hand is trying to come across as much more down to earth which seems to mostly be viewed as genuine. He's also done a good job at using social media to make things a bit fun. His problem is the stroke has made him a less effective communicator and has allowed Republicans multitude of attack ads against him.

All and all, my guess is Fetterman narrowly wins and infact is more likely to win perhaps than Mark Kelly (who I currently think loses narrowly). At the end of the day, he still leads in a polling average which I think has been made a bit artificially closer due to polls tendencies to cluster. I also really doubt we see as large of a disparity between Senate and Gov as some have suggested there may be. That sort of consolidation on e-day def favors Fetterman. Realistically it could go either way, but if Oz wins he'll almost purely be carried over by a red ripple or wave.

Huh?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2022, 10:06:33 PM »

not quite, but I mean... just nearly as bad
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2022, 10:07:57 PM »

not quite, but I mean... just nearly as bad
No not at all lmao
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2022, 10:09:15 PM »

As I suspected.. this country hates people with any disability.. mostly coming from the Republicans.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies