Would you rather live in Palm Beach or Broward County, FL?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:00:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather live in Palm Beach or Broward County, FL?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which county would you rather live in?
Broward County, FL

Palm Beach County, FL

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Would you rather live in Palm Beach or Broward County, FL?  (Read 1278 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2022, 06:14:43 PM »

?
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 09:36:10 PM »

Well...speaking from experience, Palm Beach County is a bit more conservative, politically.  That suits me. 

Broward County is cool too, though.  There's a ton to do in the Fort Lauderdale area. 
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 10:11:38 PM »

Well...speaking from experience, Palm Beach County is a bit more conservative, politically.  That suits me.  

Conservative version of BRTD?

It's not just "experience"...just going through Wikipedia for a minute shows the two counties vote something like 15 points apart (though then again, you do believe 2020 was "stolen" and the official, certified results - after recounts and audits - are just a hoax, so I'm sure that won't satisfy you).

But anyway, both have areas that are red, purple, light-blue and deep-blue. You'd be better served finding something else (I'm sure there are more important factors/differences than just politics). And if politics is it, then consider the fact that there are some GOP-leaning areas in Broward as well. Honestly, I myself don't get any significant differences between them (though, thanks to your post, I've found at least one - Broward on the whole IS a lot more liberal than PB), which is one of the reasons I made this thread.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 10:22:13 PM »

Which one has the lower elevation? If I'm reduced to Florida, I'll live where I can end it all.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 10:28:48 PM »

Which one has the lower elevation? If I'm reduced to Florida, I'll live where I can end it all.

Both, I believe, have their lowest elevations at sea level.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 10:44:29 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2022, 10:49:40 PM by Biden his time »

Well...speaking from experience, Palm Beach County is a bit more conservative, politically.  That suits me. 

It's not just "experience"...just going through Wikipedia for a minute shows the two counties vote something like 15 points apart (though then again, you do believe 2020 was "stolen" and the official, certified results - after recounts and audits - are just a hoax, so I'm sure that won't satisfy you).

But anyway, both have areas that are red, purple, light-blue and deep-blue. You'd be better served finding something else (I'm sure there are more important factors/differences than just politics). And if politics is it, then consider the fact that there are some GOP-leaning areas in Broward as well. Honestly, I myself don't get any significant differences between them (though, thanks to your post, I've found at least one - Broward on the whole IS a lot more liberal than PB), which is one of the reasons I made this thread.

Both counties are incredibly diverse, largely suburban, and are very internally regional to the extent that for almost any given place in one of the counties, there are almost certainly analogs to it in the other that it's more similar to than most of the surrounding county.

If you're asking the difference between living in urban Fort Lauderdale vs urban West Palm Beach then I might see the point of this question but there really isn't one.

There aren't many broad differences or experiences that everyone in one county has that the people in the other don't except for a few Hurricane tracks in 2004 (and even then a massive chunk of the people here don't remember that).

These are purely political entities that are lines on a map, and the areas haven't been settled for long enough and are the region is so transient that there's an entirely distinct universal "Broward" culture or "Palm Beach" culture.

I think the question you're really trying to ask here has nothing to do with lifestyle and instead is "Do you prefer to live in a Biden+30 County or a Biden+7 county?".
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 11:37:49 PM »

Both, I believe, have their lowest elevations at sea level.

Wow *facepalm*...well this is what I get for posting so late at night with 4 hours of sleep, and responding to something Florida.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 04:55:36 PM »

Palm Beach
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2022, 10:18:55 AM »

I really wouldn't care, but Palm Beach is further north and is "nicer". Being further north is good because I'm more likely to be able to leave the state when it floods.

Only reason I'd go with Broward is if I have a job in Miami and want a shorter commute, or if the cost of living is lower while the crime rate isn't much higher. Politically Palm Beach is actually better because it's mostly still Dem and, critically, I'm not represented by DWS. 
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 03:02:56 PM »

Well...speaking from experience, Palm Beach County is a bit more conservative, politically.  That suits me.  

Both counties are incredibly diverse, largely suburban, and are very internally regional to the extent that for almost any given place in one of the counties, there are almost certainly analogs to it in the other that it's more similar to than most of the surrounding county.

If you're asking the difference between living in urban Fort Lauderdale vs urban West Palm Beach then I might see the point of this question but there really isn't one.

There aren't many broad differences or experiences that everyone in one county has that the people in the other don't except for a few Hurricane tracks in 2004 (and even then a massive chunk of the people here don't remember that).

These are purely political entities that are lines on a map, and the areas haven't been settled for long enough and are the region is so transient that there's an entirely distinct universal "Broward" culture or "Palm Beach" culture.

I think the question you're really trying to ask here has nothing to do with lifestyle and instead is "Do you prefer to live in a Biden+30 County or a Biden+7 county?".

That wasn’t the question, or at least that wasn’t intended to be the question. I myself wasn’t aware of any major differences between the county, other than the obvious (different margins in elections). I figured there were some, and that somebody from the area could explain them or whatever, but apparently, if what you’re saying is anything to go by (and it probably is, since you’re from the area and have a good awareness of American demographics/geography generally), there AREN’T any fundamental differences between them at all, and so this question doesn’t really mean much.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 04:14:42 AM »

Neither it's in the middle of Hurricane Highway rather live in Hawaii, but you have to be already rich, no gambling in Hawaii allowed
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 01:38:44 PM »

Palm Beach so I could tee it up with 45.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 01:51:25 PM »

Ft Lauderdale is the gay place to play so Broward. A few Hudsonions winter there believe it or not.

I voted Palm Beach before I realized my tragic error as to which county had the gay haven.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 02:19:27 PM »

None, I’d prefer to live in Hialeah.
CanadianDemocrat
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 04:41:00 AM »

Palm Beach county has become a MAGA shrine after Trump moved there. I would choose Broward county.
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2022, 06:56:51 AM »

Palm Beach
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2022, 07:46:21 PM »

Palm Beach, particularly the Jupiter area.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2022, 03:14:14 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2022, 07:52:34 PM by CentristRepublican »

Indeed, there does appear to be a strong partisan correlation - thought there wouldn't be much of one - but it's very clear that right-wingers prefer Palm Beach and left-wingers prefer Broward.

EDIT: NVM...the replies belie the fact that, as per the poll results, plenty of Democrats would choose Palm Beach over Broward (I mean, this poll has the typical 2:1 ratio of red-to-blue avatar responses, and nonetheless the results are currently PB+31, so a solid number of liberals have to be voting for it over Broward).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2022, 03:18:57 PM »

Can your wallet survive that? With all due respect, unless you're very wealthy, I doubt it does...for all his claims of supporting the middle class, Trump's haven is hardly affordable for the average Joe, or even the average upper-middle-class Joe...Reminder that Trump charges a six-figure fee for a photo with the Orange Man, and $250,000 for dinner (and yet the liberals are the wealthy coastal elites!). Doesn't matter if you're in Palm Beach County, if the goal is to 'tee it up with Trump,' unless you're in the 1%, you might as well be a universe away. Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago is the least middle-class-friendly place there is.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2022, 09:35:11 AM »

Can your wallet survive that? With all due respect, unless you're very wealthy, I doubt it does...for all his claims of supporting the middle class, Trump's haven is hardly affordable for the average Joe, or even the average upper-middle-class Joe...Reminder that Trump charges a six-figure fee for a photo with the Orange Man, and $250,000 for dinner (and yet the liberals are the wealthy coastal elites!). Doesn't matter if you're in Palm Beach County, if the goal is to 'tee it up with Trump,' unless you're in the 1%, you might as well be a universe away. Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago is the least middle-class-friendly place there is.

Ugh.  Humor fail, young friend.  Sorry.
iceman
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2022, 04:22:42 PM »

voted for my home county. Broward is just much more crowded.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2022, 08:39:51 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2022, 08:45:48 PM by CentristRepublican »

Ugh.  Humor fail, young friend.  Sorry.

Originally I was trying to be humorous with that post, but by the end of it, the intent had nothing to do with humor and was more meant to be an honest observation and statement of fact - Mar-a-Lago is crazily expensive and unaffordable for most people. I also know that while one-line posts can be hilarious, walls of text (as that post became) never are.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies