Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 04:01:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 306369 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7725 on: November 11, 2022, 12:47:57 AM »

Democrats gloating as if they’re not literally about to lose the House of Representatives, lol.

This is pretty much the worst midterm result imaginable for Republicans this year. No way around it. If I was a Republican I'd probably have to be on suicide watch. I can't imagine how they're feeling after this humiliation.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7726 on: November 11, 2022, 12:48:06 AM »

I would urge caution, especially cause AZ-01 is entirely nested in Maricopa County; it's entirely possible the final dumps could pad Rs or Ds more than we expect. Def realistic.

In AZ-06, Ciscomani is slightly underrunning Trump in the 2 rural counties in, but Engle needs to get a larger margin out of Pima. Again, we don't know how the remaining ballots skew.

How likely are Valadao and Garcia to lose at this point? What about CA-03? I wonder if some Republicans didn't show up in CA-03 because they got locked out of an assembly district there despite the region being Republican

Dang, I hadn’t actually looked at the two maps and there’s a lot more overlap than I had realized. Not sure that a state senate election would affect turnout for what was seen as an at least vaguely competitive US House seat though.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7727 on: November 11, 2022, 12:48:11 AM »

Democrats gloating as if they’re not literally about to lose the House of Representatives, lol.

Oh no! Now we won't get to try to govern with the slimmest majority in 90 years! Tongue
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7728 on: November 11, 2022, 12:48:22 AM »

By the narrowest of margins. Do realize how pathetic of a midterm performance this has been for the GOP?
SCNCmod

« Reply #7729 on: November 11, 2022, 12:49:04 AM »

Off the cuff- In the past 2 presidential elections the Popular Vote margin for Dems- grew by over 1 Million votes in the week following the election (as mail in ballot etc were finally counted). And a large portion of those votes were in California).

... if that holds- it seems like all of the close CA (uncalled) races... have reason to be optimistic.

Am i remembering this correctly?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7730 on: November 11, 2022, 12:49:41 AM »

Yeah cause they picked up a Senate seat, probably a net gain of one in the end, probably will end up losing only one governor seat and have a net gain of one or two, flipped a few state legislatures, and Republicans will probably only have a majority in the House of around 2 - 5 seats.

During a midterm where they’re the party in power AND during record inflation!

If you don’t think that’s a rebuke of the Republican party, you’re a fool.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7731 on: November 11, 2022, 12:49:55 AM »

House projection numbers by NBC News has just shrunk the GOP majority margin to less than a handful of seats:

Republicans: 220
Democrats: 215

If we're talking about a GOP majority of 218-220 seats, I am not sure why McCarthy would even want to be Speaker. I mean, I know it's been his lifelong dream and all but talk about drinking from a poisoned chalice. He runs the risk of having his agenda obstructed by only one or two members of the Freedom caucus and look how people like Gaetz and Good have already begun lambasting him since the election. It's clear they don't fear him one bit.

I think this is an opportunity for him to truly put the Trump era behind us by putting aside the Hastert Rule, and start off by trying to become speaker with both Republican and Democratic support, setting a bipartisan tone.  By so doing, he can isolate the MAGA crazies in their own insane asylum while the rest of the chamber (the adults in the room, so to speak) gets to work on the people's business.  

We are talking about Kevin McCarthy. I don't know what you're talking about.

Redemption.  
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #7732 on: November 11, 2022, 12:49:57 AM »

Going to say CCM and Lombardo both win, and Ralston gets both right
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7733 on: November 11, 2022, 12:50:06 AM »

Off the cuff- In the past 2 presidential elections the Popular Vote margin for Dems- grew by over 1 Million votes in the week following the election (as mail in ballot etc were finally counted). And a large portion of those votes were in California).

... if that holds- it seems like all of the close CA (uncalled) races... have reason to be optimistic.

Am i remembering this correctly?

Yes lol.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7734 on: November 11, 2022, 12:50:37 AM »

House projection numbers by NBC News has just shrunk the GOP majority margin to less than a handful of seats:

Republicans: 220
Democrats: 215

If we're talking about a GOP majority of 218-220 seats, I am not sure why McCarthy would even want to be Speaker. I mean, I know it's been his lifelong dream and all but talk about drinking from a poisoned chalice. He runs the risk of having his agenda obstructed by only one or two members of the Freedom caucus and look how people like Gaetz and Good have already begun lambasting him since the election. It's clear they don't fear him one bit.

I think this is an opportunity for him to truly put the Trump era behind us by putting aside the Hastert Rule, and start off by trying to become speaker with both Republican and Democratic support, setting a bipartisan tone.  By so doing, he can isolate the MAGA crazies in their own insane asylum while the rest of the chamber (the adults in the room, so to speak) gets to work on the people's business.  

We are talking about Kevin McCarthy. I don't know what you're talking about.

Redemption.  

Kevin McCarthy.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7735 on: November 11, 2022, 12:51:10 AM »

Republicans gloating as if they weren't expecting a red wave with the House called for them by 10 PM on election night.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7736 on: November 11, 2022, 12:51:26 AM »

Dave called AZ for Kelly just now. He's probably only ahead of the media by 1 sizable Maricopa dump.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7737 on: November 11, 2022, 12:51:35 AM »

At best they'll have an 18 seat advantage (unlikely). On the other end, Dems could have a 5 seat advantage. 8% inflation plus redistricting should have meant a 60 seat pickup minimum.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #7738 on: November 11, 2022, 12:51:46 AM »

The Needle had a tough night this year. But, before it was turned off it did say CCM by 0.3

Long live the Needle!!!!

philly09

« Reply #7739 on: November 11, 2022, 12:53:08 AM »

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7740 on: November 11, 2022, 12:53:39 AM »

new_patomic

« Reply #7741 on: November 11, 2022, 12:53:49 AM »

I've known that the WOW counties have been shifting but it seemed way slower than other suburbs, especially given how Republican they were to begin with. But going from +35 to +22 in four years is... pretty wow, actually.

And Barnes isn't that far behind. He's at 36.3 percent, which is running just 2 percent behind Evers and 1 percent behind Biden.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #7742 on: November 11, 2022, 12:54:23 AM »

What will the Dems 2024 House odds start at? I would say in the 60-65% range. They have so many swing district entrenched incumbents who will be tough to dislodge (with the exception of a seat or 2 that of course will flip anyway.

If Trump is on the ballot, the GOP is absolutely cooked in NY-3,4,17 and probably struggling in 19 and 22. Don't even get me started on NJ-7, PA-1, NE-2 and tons of other suburban seats in Cali (if we don't win them this year). These NY/NJ Rs cannot go MAGA without being completely fried in November 2024 and if they don't go MAGA, the base will hate them. Outside of winning the House with 219 or more, this is the best Dem scenario.

Yes, the GOP will get seats from the NC redraw, Dems need to counter in MN and WI (once they win the court in April). MN-1,8 and WI- 1,3 seem most likely to get more Dem.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #7743 on: November 11, 2022, 12:54:28 AM »

We will literally 'win' the House of Representatives - stay tuned for more and please keep us informed about your emotional state while you're watching it happen.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7744 on: November 11, 2022, 12:54:59 AM »

Oh no! Now we won't get to try to govern with the slimmest majority in 90 years! Tongue

And with a Senate and President of the opposite party!

Now time for more cringe Hamilton lyrics:

They say
Nancy Pelosi's yielding her power and stepping away
That true?
I wasn't aware that was something a person could do
I'm perplexed
Are they gonna keep on replacing whoever's in charge?
If so, who's next?
There's nobody else in their chamber who looms quite as large…

Kevin McCarthy?!
I know him
That can't be
That's that little guy who spoke to me
All those years ago
What was it, 09?
That poor man, they're gonna eat him alive!
Oceans rise
Majorities fall
Next to Pelosi, they all look small
All alone
Watch them run
They will tear each other into pieces
Jesus Christ, this will be fun!

Da da da dat da dat da da da da ya da
Da da da dat dat da ya daaaaa!
Hahahahahahahahaha

“Speaker Kevin McCarthy?”
Good Luck!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7745 on: November 11, 2022, 12:55:48 AM »

Hot take: Fetterman would not have won if he skipped the debate.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #7746 on: November 11, 2022, 12:55:55 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2022, 01:12:04 AM by NYDem »

Democrats are going to lose less than 10 seats in the House when they were expected to lose 40. Democrats will probably gain 1 seat in the Senate instead of losing 4. Democrats are probably going to gain 2 governorships overall when they were expected to lose 4 or more. Democrats may have captured 5 state legislatures without losing any of their own. Of course we're gloating. Congrats, you'll have a razor-thin, ungovernable majority in the House; one so small that it could potentially be lost to special elections or defections mid-term. And we accomplished this all with 8% inflation, $4/gallon gas, and a President with 40% approvals a month before the election. When taking into account that kind of midterm environment, this is one of the most stunning electoral performances by a party in recent political history.

TLDR: cope and seethe
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7747 on: November 11, 2022, 12:56:19 AM »

HERE COMES THE GENERAL!
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #7748 on: November 11, 2022, 12:57:27 AM »

Wasserman has seen enough in AZ Senate
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7749 on: November 11, 2022, 12:57:40 AM »

Fetterman is on track to win by ~3 points. The idea the debate, which was definitely not a decisive win by Fetterman, could’ve swayed that many people is insane.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies