Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:32:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 305996 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3875 on: November 09, 2022, 02:49:18 AM »

Another thing this election proves is that a large percentage of those 'wrong direction' and/or 'dissatisfied' voters in polls were actually Progressives and left-leaning voters, as we said all along.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3876 on: November 09, 2022, 02:49:39 AM »

A red wave? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within Florida?

Yes!

...May I see it?

No.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3877 on: November 09, 2022, 02:49:42 AM »

David Wasserman should not be trusted. A crass sensationalist, who has been completely found out now that the internal polls he relied on for his predictions have turned out to be junk.

LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #3878 on: November 09, 2022, 02:50:21 AM »

Katie Porter leading by less than 1 now... anybody have a read on what the remaining ballots will look like?
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #3879 on: November 09, 2022, 02:50:39 AM »

CO-03, MT-01, and NM-02 really giving me hope for a Cowboy Wave.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3880 on: November 09, 2022, 02:51:19 AM »

CNN keeps airing this commercial where they have both clips of Hillary and Kemp saying how big of a deal the economy is to peoples votes and I can't help but feel the irony given that pundits tried to tell us this entire cycle of how the economy/inflation was ALL that mattered, and yet...
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3881 on: November 09, 2022, 02:52:12 AM »

I want to congratulate the Democrats here on a great result for the party. And I want to congratulate all Americans on the fact that the country has finally, in my opinion, begun to abandon extremism. I hope that these results will be the first step in restoring bipartisan cooperation for the benefit of the United States and the world at large.

I wonder too how much of this might actually be a response to everyone from MTG to Kevin McCarthy suggesting that Republicans would limit aid to Ukraine. At the end of the day this is still a compassionate country with people who hate to see what is going on in your country and want to help. The cold-hearted callousness of those Republicans may have aided Democrats in our success and given people second thoughts about voting GOP, as one of many reasons anyway.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3882 on: November 09, 2022, 02:52:41 AM »

Does anyone have the tweet saying something about pollsters will have to figure out how to adapt to the under-30 crowd who would rather pick up an unpinned grenade than a call from an unknown number?
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3883 on: November 09, 2022, 02:52:44 AM »

Anyone who thought this election would be a wave for Republicans was a dumbass lmao
Yoda
United States

« Reply #3884 on: November 09, 2022, 02:53:09 AM »

Michigan and Pennsylvania having localized blue waves during a Democratic president's midterm with 8% inflation and a 42% approval rating is really funny.

It really, really is. Also bodes well for a Biden firewall in '24. Hope trump blows his entire campaign treasury trying to flip Biden Country.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #3885 on: November 09, 2022, 02:53:33 AM »

What are the chances Gluesenkamp Pérez beats Joe Kent? It seems like she is holding her own in Clark County, 59% while Biden won it by 50%, although I'm not sure how the voting methods in WA benefit each side.

In the past, later returns tended to favor Dems, but this seems to be becoming less and less the case with every election. I think Perez is in a very good position to keep this competitive as the later returns come in, but I genuinely have no idea where it will end up.

One thing that's clear about WA-3 is that Perez has built this current lead on both ancestral Dems and ascendent Dems. She's +18 in Clark County (Vancouver), which has been the biggest bright spot for Dems in an otherwise R-shifting area, but she has also kept Cowlitz County to within single digits (for now) and is in the lead in Pacific County, two places which have swung hard to the right since the Obama years.

I seem to recall during the primary Kent was down by quite a lot (to the point where a few people here were already calling it) and then the last ~20% of the vote was absurdly favourable to him. I'm pretty sure they counted the E-Day in person votes last or almost last.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3886 on: November 09, 2022, 02:54:43 AM »

Some great Nevada analysis from a well-known Trump supporting site that has many positive up-votes already.

Welp, Nevada's elections were again stolen
I waited in line for 1hr 15min to vote in person... I heard a lot of different languages being spoken and people were definitely being coaxed while waiting in line
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3887 on: November 09, 2022, 02:54:53 AM »

Looking at the map, CA-03 takes in a huge chunk of Placer County, which has trended Dem pretty significantly. I guess a flip here should be unsurprising.
philly09

« Reply #3888 on: November 09, 2022, 02:55:06 AM »

SPM down only 1.2 points and Westchester is the only county with a big cache of votes left. I think he got this.

This would be hilarious as Kevin McCarthy was boasting about beating him earlier tonight.
ExSky

« Reply #3889 on: November 09, 2022, 02:55:12 AM »

It is also abundantly clear that pundits and analysts had assumed that underestimating polls could only happen for Republican candidates in the current climate.

They’re going to be more confused than ever. And as the Gen Z crowd that doesn’t know what a landline even is continues to age in to the voting bloc, polls will become more and more chaotic and unreliable.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3890 on: November 09, 2022, 02:55:12 AM »

Thank you Nathaniel, very cool!

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3891 on: November 09, 2022, 02:55:15 AM »

Anyone who thought this election would be a wave for Republicans was a dumbass lmao

Oh there are so many names I could name...

But I'll take the high road for now and just say I'm glad they were all dumbasses.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3892 on: November 09, 2022, 02:55:18 AM »

I want to congratulate the Democrats here on a great result for the party. And I want to congratulate all Americans on the fact that the country has finally, in my opinion, begun to abandon extremism. I hope that these results will be the first step in restoring bipartisan cooperation for the benefit of the United States and the world at large.

I wonder too how much of this might actually be a response to everyone from MTG to Kevin McCarthy suggesting that Republicans would limit aid to Ukraine. At the end of the day this is still a compassionate country with people who hate to see what is going on in your country and want to help. The cold-hearted callousness of those Republicans may have aided Democrats in our success and given people second thoughts about voting GOP, as one of many reasons anyway.

I agree. At least in the Northeast, public opinion is STAUNCHLY pro-Ukraine across the political spectrum, and even people who would privately be fine with sending much less money and materiel were really turned off by how flippant and cruel MTG and McCarthy were in their comments about it.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #3893 on: November 09, 2022, 02:55:51 AM »

Katie Porter leading by less than 1 now... anybody have a read on what the remaining ballots will look like?

We're not gonna know this one for days; the mail in ballots are going to take forever to process.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3894 on: November 09, 2022, 02:55:57 AM »

Looking at the map, CA-03 takes in a huge chunk of Placer County, which has trended Dem pretty significantly. I guess a flip here should be unsurprising.

The weather was not great there today either.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3895 on: November 09, 2022, 02:56:25 AM »

Classic examples of how the dumbasses know everything with hindsight. I was telling you at the time that the data didn't back up all this talk of a wave.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3896 on: November 09, 2022, 02:56:41 AM »

Thank you Nathaniel, very cool!

Always been my least favorite FiveThirtyEighter.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3897 on: November 09, 2022, 02:57:00 AM »

I'm pleasently surprised after I digged myself into work for the last few hours and just begun checking stuff 2-3 hours ago.

Still, don't tell me we can keep the House? May come down to swing districts in PA. Anyway, grab your popcorn for the speaker election if the GOP wins a narrow majority.

And Boebert losing even compensates DeSantis winning by more than even I - as DeSantis apologist - predicted.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3898 on: November 09, 2022, 02:57:33 AM »

The weather was not great there today either.
Is it possible that it impacted enough voters to give Ds a win?
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3899 on: November 09, 2022, 02:57:51 AM »

NYT says Porter has a 0.6% (<1000 votes) lead with ~55% of the vote in (NYT estimate was +3.7). This scares me even more than CA-45 currently being at Steel +10 at ~49%.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies