Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:34:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 306453 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2022, 03:08:55 PM »

Lots of mockery of the idea you can extrapolate results from an isolated island territory but I'm with the people of Guam right now and I'm hearing a lot of anger about the "woke agenda" and "Brandonflation"... take that how you will...

I knew we were screwed when I saw the Chamorrx for Biden swag
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2022, 03:09:07 PM »

Lots of mockery of the idea you can extrapolate results from an isolated island territory but I'm with the people of Guam right now and I'm hearing a lot of anger about the "woke agenda" and "Brandonflation"... take that how you will...

I won't.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2022, 03:10:32 PM »

Some actual results

So apparently Shaheen won Dixville Notch 4 votes to 1, so Hassan is over-performing with 5-0. Seems to confirm that Dems will hold up well in states with white college educated voters like NH. 100% reliable indicator.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2022, 03:10:53 PM »

Based on the random Twitter reports… which of the big 4 are we feeling best about ?
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2022, 03:11:24 PM »

I just don't understand how the democrats loosing a federal office they've held for almost 30 years isn't a bad sign and indicative of a very republican enviorment. Swings in seats considered safe can be random especially small ones. The texas 27th district had a pretty random swing uncorrelated with the national enviorment, but that doesn't mean if the republicans took the district it would be a catastrophic sign for the democrats.

Honestly, I think accepting the results now is the best way forward. That way you're prepared to recive them when they come and if you turn out to be wrong you just get a pleasant suprise instead of dread.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #330 on: November 08, 2022, 03:11:51 PM »

Based on the random Twitter reports… which of the big 4 are we feeling best about ?

Pennsylvania
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #331 on: November 08, 2022, 03:12:11 PM »

Pennsylvania.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2022, 03:12:27 PM »

I just don't understand how the democrats loosing a federal office they've held for almost 30 years isn't a bad sign and indicative of a very republican enviorment. Swings in seats considered safe can be random especially small ones. The texas 27th district had a pretty random swing uncorrelated with the national enviorment, but that doesn't mean if the republicans took the district it would be a catastrophic sign for the democrats.

Honestly, I think accepting the results now is the best way forward. That way you're prepared to recive them when they come and if you turn out to be wrong you just get a pleasant suprise instead of dread.

You've made your opinion known.  No need to keep repeating it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2022, 03:13:02 PM »

I think we all know that it's going to be a bad night, it's just that the results for a non-voting delegate in Guam (especially when Democrats did well in other races there) aren't a sign of it.
new_patomic

« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2022, 03:13:07 PM »

Row row row your boat gently down the stream...
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #335 on: November 08, 2022, 03:13:20 PM »

Pennsylvania seems astoundingly solid, given the horror surrounding it these last two weeks. If the turnout reports in Wisconsin remain true, we might - might - be in for a pleasant dark horse surprise there, too.
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #336 on: November 08, 2022, 03:13:24 PM »

I don't see how we can't extrapolate the early NH results into a 303 map not a 242 map its WAVE INSURANCE.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #337 on: November 08, 2022, 03:13:24 PM »

The thread's probably going to end up 500 pages. This will all be in the noise anyway in the long run.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #338 on: November 08, 2022, 03:14:00 PM »

[jacob wohl voice] "i just left a hipster coffee shop in deep blue Dededo..."
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #339 on: November 08, 2022, 03:14:25 PM »

Pennsylvania seems astoundingly solid, given the horror surrounding it these last two weeks. If the turnout reports in Wisconsin remain true, we might - might - be in for a pleasant dark horse surprise there, too.

Yep. I also feel comfortable saying that Mastriano has a 0% chance of victory.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #340 on: November 08, 2022, 03:14:39 PM »

With respect, this makes no sense. By this logic you should predict Republicans to win 435 seats so every victory is a pleasant surprise. The point of predictions is not to make you feel warm and fuzzy on election night, the point is to be accurate.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #341 on: November 08, 2022, 03:15:39 PM »

I don't see how we can't extrapolate the early NH results into a 303 map not a 242 map its WAVE INSURANCE.

HAHAHAHAHA I literally lol’ed
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #342 on: November 08, 2022, 03:15:48 PM »

I think that is why most posters are inclined towards pessimism for whoever they support. Especially Dem posters, but also R posters to some degree.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #343 on: November 08, 2022, 03:16:17 PM »

Democrats GAINED a seat in the Guam legislature. It's over.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #344 on: November 08, 2022, 03:18:08 PM »

I just wanna note that pants are, in fact, bad. I don’t care if it’s an ad hominem attack.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #345 on: November 08, 2022, 03:18:55 PM »

The point of predictions is not to make you feel warm and fuzzy on election night, the point is to be accurate.

It can also be a coping mechanism.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #346 on: November 08, 2022, 03:19:41 PM »

Dane County Clerk expects turnout to exceed 85%:

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #347 on: November 08, 2022, 03:20:04 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2022, 03:26:07 PM by MillennialModerate »

I think that is why most posters are inclined towards pessimism for whoever they support. Especially Dem posters, but also R posters to some degree.

There is reason to doom for Dems. We always do WORSE than the polls show. While Republicans frequently exceed expectations. GOP canidates can blunder all over the place with terrible moral failings and basically admit to things that would be political suicide for Dems - and get away with it.

You have Dem judges making sure Dems play fair - while GOP judges allow Republicans to bulldoze our democracy…shall I go on?
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #348 on: November 08, 2022, 03:20:22 PM »

I just wanna note that pants are, in fact, bad. I don’t care if it’s an ad hominem attack.

can you stop DOOMING and being a DOOMER if PHIL BREDESEN could defeat PHIL scoot in BHUTAN we would see a 303 map not a 413 map
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #349 on: November 08, 2022, 03:20:51 PM »

There is reason to doom for Dems. We always do WORSE than the polls show. While Republicans frequently exceed expectations. GOP canidates can blunder all over the place with terrible moral failings and basically admit to things that would be political suicide for Dems - and get away with it.
You have Dem judges making sure Dems play fair - whole GOP judges allow Republicans to bulldoze our democracy …shall I go on?

Yes, remember when the Dems underperformed in Georgia last year?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies