Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:31:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 306188 times)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2022, 02:33:38 PM »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/aligarfield_/status/1590054089718919168?s=46&t=DgY1HrrBvAhpvQD2yRz15w/tweet]

Dane County turnout looking similar to 2018, apparently.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2022, 02:33:59 PM »

Georgia exit polls should launch at 7pm EST, correct?

Will FL and NH be held off until 7:30pm?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2022, 02:34:40 PM »

Dems might hold up better in white college areas, see NH and completely bomb in NV.

This sort of aligns with what we saw in special elections like NY-19, MN-01, and NE-01 as well. It also seems like Ann Arbor in MI is doing amazing and getting close to 2020 levels in turnout. However, this could be a bad thing for Dems at the state legislative level if they over-pack themselves into these high turnout college town communities.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2022, 02:34:44 PM »

Here's some good advice:

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2022, 02:35:07 PM »

While a good Republican night remains the most likely outcome as it has been for a while, let's not forget that analyzing all these Twitter reports about turnout meant nothing in 2018 or 2020, all just noise and selective reporting.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2022, 02:35:21 PM »

That does it. I don't think any amount of drumbeating about not drawing sweeping conclusions from turnout reports hours before polls close will convince anyone. See you nerds at 7:00 PM EST.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2022, 02:35:43 PM »

Hey Atlas Dems,

Where are we meeting again tonight for the top secret plot to steal the election and turn on the CRT brainwashing device? I want to make sure I'm not late for the festivities.

Hail Soros!
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2022, 02:36:46 PM »

Hey Atlas Dems,

Where are we meeting again tonight for the top secret plot to steal the election and turn on the CRT brainwashing device? I want to make sure I'm not late for the festivities.

Hail Soros!

Arby's.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2022, 02:37:33 PM »

That does it. I don't think any amount of drumbeating about not drawing sweeping conclusions from turnout reports hours before polls close will convince anyone. See you nerds at 7:00 PM EST.
Democrats are not turning out in urban cores, hide from it all you want that is a very bad sign and it's clear we've lost. The Guam flip is also indicative of an anti-democrat party enviorment given how democratic it normally is.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2022, 02:37:33 PM »

Hey Atlas Dems,

Hail Soros!

I'll be a bit late.  It's my turn to monitor the satellites.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2022, 02:37:53 PM »

....doesnt E-Day typically go well for Republicans? Isn't that why we usually see a red mirage in VA?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2022, 02:38:56 PM »

Democrats are not turning out in urban cores, hide from it all you want that is a very bad sign and it's clear we've lost. The Guam flip is also indicative of an anti-democrat party enviorment given how democratic it normally is.

.... Philly and Dane turnout are great right now.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2022, 02:39:19 PM »

This is nonsense,  no one knows at this point.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2022, 02:39:31 PM »

Dane is an anomaly, so is philly. The main places we're just seeing horrendous democrat turnout especialy heavily latino city cores.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2022, 02:39:45 PM »

A lot of the urban data we have right now shows the exact opposite, but ok. Extrapolate away!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2022, 02:39:53 PM »

Fully agree on the first part, especially urban cores where there’s been a relative lack of campaigning on Dems part. Places like Philly and Atlanta where there has been a lot of campaigning seem to be doing fine. But using Guam as a barometer for the nation is like using a ruler to measure the temperature outside
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2022, 02:39:58 PM »

Georgia.  See the linked article for the AJC's live updates.

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #267 on: November 08, 2022, 02:40:01 PM »

Dane is an anomaly, so is philly. The main places we're just seeing horrendous democrat turnout especialy heavily latino city cores.

“The main places”?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2022, 02:41:07 PM »

Good thing the contested races are in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and not Florida and Texas, right?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #269 on: November 08, 2022, 02:41:30 PM »

Fully agree on the first part, especially urban cores where there’s been a relative lack of campaigning on Dems part. Places like Philly and Atlanta where there has been a lot of campaigning seem to be doing fine. But using Guam as a barometer for the nation is like using a ruler to measure the temperature outside

again, where is the proof that "urban cores" are not turning out? The only other city that is being spoken about is NYC, and where is the evidence of that?
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2022, 02:41:37 PM »

Real quick, and I mean this for your own sake alone: Take. A. Breath. We know nothing, only that turnout is looking pretty fantastic in most urban centers not called Clark County, and even that could still surprise us. Please, genuinely, don't die of a heart attack before the polls even close.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2022, 02:41:50 PM »

“The main places”?
I mean typical american cities like Cleavland or Toledo where the democrats need strong margins to avoid a red-wave. What kind of place do you think is more representive of the kind of cities that decide elections. Dane, a  very white college town with an extremely liberal reputation or Toledo a typical american city with it's standard mix of demographics.

White Liberals are turning out great but that's not enough to win given that Latinos are just not turning out.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #272 on: November 08, 2022, 02:41:57 PM »

I guess we have another couple of hours of deep discussion about what Guam is doing and why it's so important.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2022, 02:42:18 PM »

Good thing the contested races are in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and not Florida and Texas, right?

Bad Hispanic turnout and margins could be the death kiss for Dems in the house, especially with all the southwestern swing districts that have notable Hispanic populations
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2022, 02:42:57 PM »

From the Georgia elections director:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies