NY-Gov (Bold Decision): Hochul +15
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:18:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NY-Gov (Bold Decision): Hochul +15
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-Gov (Bold Decision): Hochul +15  (Read 941 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2022, 07:34:29 PM »

Hochul 52%
Zeldin 37%

Source
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »

Comes out to about 55-40 with leaners too.

We certainly have a lot of new pollsters coming out of the woodwork in the last few weeks! lol

I also have to laugh just for the fact that the Long Island result (R+2) is literally the same as the Siena Long Island poll last week.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 08:14:06 PM »

I'm sure RCP is gonna be right on top of adding this one.
Duke of York

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 08:15:58 PM »

this seems more like the final result. I think Zeldin's ceiling is around 42 percent.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 08:16:51 PM »

12 % Undecided and all most all of them will Vote Zeldin.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 08:19:09 PM »

Cool story bro.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 08:20:00 PM »

this seems more like the final result. I think Zeldin's ceiling is around 42 percent.

I think he could maybe get to 45% in a big Republican night in the state (and country?).
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 08:46:33 PM »

Democrats could lose four Congressional Seats in New York alone.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2022, 08:55:30 PM »

Beautiful—and accurate—poll!
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 09:15:18 PM »

Wasn’t bold decision once a pretty prolific pollster?

I recall lots of their polls in 2012 and 2014, then they stopped
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 09:26:29 PM »

You’re wishcasting. In highly partisan states, undecided voters tend to break toward the majority party. Do you think the undecideds in Ohio will break Democratic? If not, why would you think they’d break R in NY?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 08:14:55 AM »

Wasn’t bold decision once a pretty prolific pollster?

I recall lots of their polls in 2012 and 2014, then they stopped

They made a bold decision. 
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2022, 08:40:05 AM »

Finally a NYS poll that isn't instant garbage. I think 15 pt. margin is well within the range of possibilities, or perhaps still one of the better outcomes Zeldin can hope for.

Still kind of frustrating the dude isn't polling much worse since he's way too far to the right, especially for the state he wants to govern.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2022, 09:46:48 AM »

Finally a NYS poll that isn't instant garbage. I think 15 pt. margin is well within the range of possibilities, or perhaps still one of the better outcomes Zeldin can hope for.

Still kind of frustrating the dude isn't polling much worse since he's way too far to the right, especially for the state he wants to govern.

Frustration with the economy and crime in New York City, along with grievances held by some minority groups such as Orthodox Jews against the state government, are fueling Zeldin's candidacy, and he has been avoiding the issues of abortion and January 6th. He has been focusing heavily on local issues.
Duke of York

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2022, 09:57:18 AM »

and you know this how? undecided voters aren't a monolithic bloc.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2022, 10:56:45 AM »

Frustration with the economy and crime in New York City, along with grievances held by some minority groups such as Orthodox Jews against the state government, are fueling Zeldin's candidacy, and he has been avoiding the issues of abortion and January 6th. He has been focusing heavily on local issues.

and? What kind of argument is this - just because the candidate himself is ignoring them, people aren't hearing about it? Of course candidates are going to avoid their weaknesses.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2022, 03:36:40 PM »

and? What kind of argument is this - just because the candidate himself is ignoring them, people aren't hearing about it? Of course candidates are going to avoid their weaknesses.

You entirely ignored the first half of my post. I was explaining why Zeldin has been doing as well as he has. The abortion issue clearly hasn't resonated to the extent Democrats hoped for in New York. Hochul has been attacking Zeldin constantly over abortion, and he's responded by pledging not to upset the status quo in the state. As I've said before, you seem to believe that every Republican candidate is terrible and has nothing to recommend them.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2022, 03:38:03 PM »

You entirely ignored the first half of my post. I was explaining why Zeldin has been doing as well as he has. The abortion issue clearly hasn't resonated to the extent Democrats hoped for in New York. Hochul has been attacking Zeldin constantly over abortion, and he's responded by pledging not to upset the status quo in the state. As I've said before, you seem to believe that every Republican candidate is terrible and has nothing to recommend them.

And why would anyone believe him?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2022, 03:39:18 PM »

And why would anyone believe him?

What else would you have him say? Adopt a fully pro-choice position on the issue? I still believe that Hochul is going to win, but there is clearly a segment of normally Democratic voters in New York who care more about crime, inflation, and corruption than they do about abortion and are giving Zeldin their support.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2022, 10:16:05 PM »

Sounds about right
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2022, 10:20:45 PM »

You’re wishcasting. In highly partisan states, undecided voters tend to break toward the majority party. Do you think the undecideds in Ohio will break Democratic? If not, why would you think they’d break R in NY?

What happened in New Jersey? How undecided voters break is determined by why they were undecided, not what state they're in.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies